Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2004 11:54:59 AM EDT
www.insightmag.com/news/2004/10/04/Politics/U.Jews.Stick.With.Democrats-747770.shtml    

It is the dog that did not bark in the night: After flirting with President George W. Bush in the two years following Sept.11, 2001, America's Jews have flooded back to the Democrats by an almost 3-to-1 ratio.

A poll released in late September by the New York-based American Jewish Committee showed 69 percent of the country's estimated 6.1 million Jews preparing to vote for Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts, the Democratic Party presidential nominee, and 24 percent backing Bush.

"Republican claims of making major inroads in the Jewish community
   remind me of the boy who cried wolf," said Democratic political
   consultant Steve Rabinowitz, head of the Washington-based Rabinowitz Associates. "Once again, it appears there has been no significant movement in Jewish political loyalties as polling day approaches.

Let me talk to Jewish voters in a way they'll understand:

Oh, sure, you Mr. Big-Shot with your college education and your history of voting-for-Democrats. For this I worked my fingers to the bone in the garment industry? It's a shande, a shande I say. My hand to God, I'm happy your Aunt Phyllis died three years ago so she would not have to see the shame of this. Shemen zikh mit.

So, it is what it is. Don't you go voting for George Bush; don't do me any favors. I'll just roll up over here in the corner and die, God forbid I should open my mouth and be heard. Auf yenems tuchus gehen schmeissen. Go beat on someone else's ass, why don't you. Oy.

PS: Wear a sweater. It's getting chilly now and you don't want to catch your death of cold.

ace.mu.nu/
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
GWB has been with Israel 100%.  To lose the Jewish vote would be the ultimate in political ingratitude.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Jews in the US dont owe Bush shit.  You'd think they'd appreciate his overt explicit support for Israel and his shunning of Arafat, but oh well.  Israel is Israel, the US is the US.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Paging JPFO....paging JPFO....
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Only 6.1  million Jews in this country? That sounds low, to me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Only 6.1  million Jews in this country? That sounds low, to me.

Not to me.  That's probably half the total global population of Jewry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#6]
How quickly they forget.  Let GW cut Israel off from the US teat and see how they will wail and gnash their teeth.  Oy why have the gentiles forsaken us?  And after all we've done for them?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]
jews and israelis are very different. The israelis fight for what they believe in.

Unfortunately most jews I know are raging liberals who wouldn't pick up a weapon if hitler himself was trying to kick there ass.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
AMERICAN JEWS AND AMERICAN ARABS AGREE ON SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!

A Fuck'n first.  WOW!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#9]
So,
a poll from a jewish democrat organization and you believe it.
Just squawking.
I don't think Bush will pull a majority of jews, but you can bet at least 40% go for him.
The Stupid yentas won't vote right, but the younger jews are waking up.
Except for my cousin, he's ridiculous.  But I think that is because of the california in him, not the jew.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Given during the 00 election, the ratio was about 80/20 this is an improvement.  

I wouldn't trust any democRat poll at this time, just a CYA.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Jews in the US dont owe Bush shit.  You'd think they'd appreciate his overt explicit support for Israel and his shunning of Arafat, but oh well.  Israel is Israel, the US is the US.

Now hold on there…

There are a couple hundred thousand American Jews living in Israel they support Bush 80% to Kerry 20%. They normally don’t vote but this year it looks like massive numbers of them will.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#12]
80% of the Jews I know are voting for Bush. They seem to understand that Krappy will shape US policy based on the UN worldview, which is not Jew-friendly.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
AMERICAN JEWS AND AMERICAN ARABS AGREE ON SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!

A Fuck'n first.  WOW!

good point
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Don’t be surprised if a LOT more Jews vote for Bush than publicly say they will.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#16]
all the jews i know at work (i'm a programmer but NOT a good speller) are voting for bush. that is just 4 votes.
be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Damned ungrateful of them. We're shooting their most dangerous enemies for them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#18]
At a taping of the Conan O'Brien show, I sat behind three Jewish teenagers who applauded adamantly every time Bush was mentioned in the monologue.

They were cheering very loudly and would not even pipe down when the NBC paige was giving them dirty looks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#19]
The problem is that people are afraid to admit they support Bush.  In public a lot of people say they support Kerry but we will see when the curtain is pulled.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Jews in Israel support Bush, Jews in the US support Kerry, I think the reason Jews vote Democratic is out of habit. It's the same with some southerners who voted democratic for so long just because they always did. This has changed now and so will the Jewish vote in the future.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
80% of the Jews I know are voting for Bush. They seem to understand that Krappy will shape US policy based on the UN worldview, which is not Jew-friendly.

I get tired of all Jews getting dumped on the liberal side.

Not all Jews are liberal.

BTW, and Israeli shipmate of mine I sailed with on my sailboat years ago met up with a group of NY Jews touristing in Ketchikan, AK.

The New Yorkers addressed him in Yiddish. A BIG mistake. He answered in Hebrew and told them that Yiddish was the language of the ghetto and that he was a free man and that Hebrew was the language of the free Jew.

As we walked off, he told me this: "I HATE New York Jews."

Interesting.

I REALLY wonder how many Jews really are liberals. Probably not as many as you think.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#22]
This poll is bullshit.  Almost 90% of all my Jewish family and friends are Bush supporters.  Only the artistic liberal types hate Bush.  Be careful stereotyping New York Jews.  Alot of us arent what you Tenessee boys might be expecting.    
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Surprise, jews in New York City or California are more likely to vote for skerry, It's demographics, not cultural. Same goes for presbyterians, catholics, episcopols, or those that practice the ROP.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The problem is that people are afraid to admit they support Bush.  In public a lot of people say they support Kerry but we will see when the curtain is pulled.

+1

It's easier to say you're voting for kerry.  If you say Bush (Especially if you're talking to a Dem' polster) and you've gotta sit (Or stand) there and defend your choice.  Say kerry and you're done and on with whatever it is you were doing before you were polled.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#25]
ok  most of the older generation vote democrat and that all there is to it. if hitler ran at the head of the dem ticket they might still vote for himbecause they always voted democrat and couldnt find another lever.

now the younger generation is a different story, they are almost all republican where i go when it comes to national elections. local elections are a bit more of a tossup. as for jews like me that posses firearms they are solid republican.

israel is not a major issue because when either candidate is standing in fr4ont of a minyan(10 jews) they are  always talking about how they support israel. the thing most younger generation folks know is that america has its foriegn policy and israel has its own as well. as long as the two coincide america will support israel but when they dont the usa will not go against its own interests to support israel. thats realism.

i vote republican because the gimme game is unsupportable and sooner or later the bill will come due. its still the lesser of two evils since this president has presided over new unsupportable expenditures like the prescription drug benefit but hes still not as bad as a kerry whitehouse.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
This poll is bullshit.  Almost 90% of all my Jewish family and friends are Bush supporters.  Only the artistic liberal types hate Bush.  Be careful stereotyping New York Jews.  Alot of us arent what you Tenessee boys might be expecting.    

Good to hear!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm a half jew and I will not be voting for Kerry.  I have never voted for a single Dem yet.  I'll have to agree that most American Jews are weenies, though.  Israel has all the good ones.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm a half jew

Which  half?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I wonder about the poll.  Is the center which conducted the poll Dem-affiliated?  Having said that, 33 percent Jewish vote for Bush is a huge help.  Much better than the 19 percent or so he got last time and if the Dems ever lose even 30 percent of the blacks, Jews, and latinos they are screwed as a national party.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm a half jew

Which  half?

Why, the upper half- the one with the brain....
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I get tired of all Jews getting dumped on the liberal side.

Not all Jews are liberal.

BTW, and Israeli shipmate of mine I sailed with on my sailboat years ago met up with a group of NY Jews touristing in Ketchikan, AK.

The New Yorkers addressed him in Yiddish. A BIG mistake. He answered in Hebrew and told them that Yiddish was the language of the ghetto and that he was a free man and that Hebrew was the language of the free Jew.

As we walked off, he told me this: "I HATE New York Jews."

Interesting.

I REALLY wonder how many Jews really are liberals. Probably not as many as you think.

That is interesting.  I got comped for a cruise when I worked for a cruise ship line in Juneau, I spent the bulk of the time playing chess with a guy from Pennsylvania who made the aliya to Israel.  His wife kept saying "We flew across the world to see this place, and you're going to spend it playing chess?"  He just ignored her.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#32]
[rant on]
I have seen it before. As an active participant in a host of Jewish organizations, I will never get over the fact that we (Jews) are our own worst enemy.

There were Jews who voted for HITLER because they liked his economic policies and said his "racial" policies were just to get votes.

There were Jews who fought in the German Army because they believed their families would be spared.

It's sad to say but Judaism in the Diaspora is made up of left-leaning Jews who would rather ASSIMILATE than come to the call of their fellow Jews. For these Jews, defending Israel means donating to JNF every year or buying Israel Bonds. For many Jews, being Jewish consists of attending Rosh HaShannah and Yom Kippur services annually and that's it.

Jews in Israel, although by and large secular, live in the REAL world, not like many Diaspora Jews who have learned nothing from the Holocaust and the effects of VICTIM disarmanent. [/rant off]

This Jew is voting for security for the Jewish People, America's future, and a better REALISTIC world (ie. armed). 4 More Years!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top