Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2004 8:51:46 AM EDT
I can understand the norinco stuff because its banned now, but I would think the russians would be pumping out drums for not much money.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Umm, not being an AK guy, but aren't AK mags already cheap?

Nick
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Umm, not being an AK guy, but aren't AK mags already cheap?

Nick

the 30 rounders are but the Uber cool 75 and 100 round drums used to be $35 each as opposed to 75-100 as they are now even after the ban.

they need to import some damn chinese style drums instead of the crappy romanians
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, there hasn't been much of a shortage to speak of, and prices have remained about the same for awhile. And still fairly cheap. I doubt we'll see much of a price change on them. And even if we do it will probably be awhile, since they'd have to take time to get through  customs and such.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The cheap mags/drums are coming.  The problem is they have to be imported.  To get the ATF to process the import forms can take up to 6 months.  So give it another 5 months and there will be more mags/drums than you know what to do with.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#5]
"Flooding the market" compared to what?  Steel 30 round AK mags are about the only standard cap mag that was never scarce or expensive.  I don't see them getting much chepaer.  They might go from $8 to $6.

Now the 45 round 5.45 Bakelites, THOSE I would like to see.

+1 on the Norinco style drums over those single load Warsaw-Pact style.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"Flooding the market" compared to what?  Steel 30 round AK mags are about the only standard cap mag that was never scarce or expensive.  I don't see them getting much chepaer.  They might go from $8 to $6.

Now the 45 round 5.45 Bakelites, THOSE I would like to see.

+1 on the Norinco style drums over those single load Warsaw-Pact style.

Yeah the standard mags are already super cheap, its just back in the day I remember walking into the gunshop and seeing crates of drums, I forget what they were packed in but they looked like something you would find in the middle of vietnam.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#7]
The reason the AK magazines were so cheap during the ban was because despite the ban AK nagazines were still being imported so the supply was not disrupted the reason being because the ban only said that magazines made after 1994 were banned it did not ban forien made magazines, so as long as it was maid prior to the ban any forien magazine could be imported, and because they made so many of them in the first place there were plenty of pre ban AK-magazines and those kept being imported, and that included drums, so as it applies to AK magazines the price should stay the same....  As for the drums they could have been imported all along so the reason they stopped importing them is for some other reason then the ban, my guess would be that there were less RPK's built then AK's (The drum magazines and the standard magazines that hold more than 30 rounds were actually desighned for the RPK....) so hence not as many drums as magazines, and the remaining drums are still in use by there respective millitarys.... So they sold us there spares and that was it....  Now we could still import more drums but unless they release more they will have to be new manufacture ones which could be why no more were imported during the ban, so there may be more soon but if there newly built it probably won't affect price much....
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#8]
The reason they haven't flooded the market is that they have been available all along.  

Centerfire Systems has them for about $30.00 for 4 with a pouch.  That's pretty cheap.

I love this country.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top