Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 11:20:57 PM EDT
Toad's gonna sue this guy:

w3.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff55501.htm

Make sure to scroll down to read the responses including Toad's "Rebuttal".
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]
SW's are POS's

You get what you pay for.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe Hesse makes a better firearm.

(ouch!)
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
"In my line of work as a security technician, life and death depends not only on the amount of firepower at my disposal but also how reliable it is. I am proud to say that I use Todd and Wendy for all my weapon needs.

They sure came in handy two summers ago in Angola. I needed one hundred Hammicher-Schwaab HS187D's FedExed ASAP, as well as 10,000 rounds. They had them to me in two days, and when we were through with the rebels they didn't know what hit them. We made such an impact that all we had to do was say Todd and Wendy and the rebels threw up their hands in surrender.

When it comes to exotic weaponry, I use Special Weapons exclusively.

Rennie - Fayetteville, Arkansas
U.S.A."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#4]
FedEx to Angola?
Yeah, I can just see FedEx doing 2nd day airdrops.
Isn't that how they resupply in the Green Berets?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Todd Bailey is a complete asshat. A total parasite. Why can't he and his whore of a wife just piss off already.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:21:52 AM EDT
[#6]
anyone else notice that the lawsuit Todd points to  isnt even the same guy in the orignal complaint/

ie the posters name is Nick from Annon ville, California
U.S.A.

but the lawsuit Todds pdf shows is from  Frank from Missuri
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:25:26 AM EDT
[#7]
every time I read more about toad.........................i laugh even harder.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
anyone else notice that the lawsuit Todd points to  isnt even the same guy in the orignal complaint/

U.S.A.

What do you expect from a compulsive liar?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:52:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

U.S.A.

What do you expect from a compulsive liar?

Yeah I know I shouldnt be suprised.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:55:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Toadie couldn't find his own ass even if someone rammed it full of bullets and gave him a metal detector.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Toadie couldn't find his own ass even if someone rammed it full of bullets and gave him a metal detector.

...with a compass and a handful of treble hooks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:47:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:52:30 AM EDT
[#13]
10,000 rounds? Thats only a hundred per weapon. Well I guess thats plenty since imaginary rebels dont take much to put down.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:03:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
10,000 rounds? Thats only a hundred per weapon. Well I guess thats plenty since imaginary rebels dont take much to put down.

You missed how they only had to yell "TOAD and WENDY and the rebels got scared...

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:26:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Holy shit!?

did anyone see how many complaints against companies/individuals that site gets?

A lot of (alleged) thieves out there..............
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:08:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Can somebody explain something for me?
Everybody and their brother makes AR clones.
LOTS of folks want HK clones. (I suppose they really want HKs, but...)
Yet, as far as I can tell, only this guy and Ohio Rapid Fire makes them. I don't recall anything negative about ORF ( Ireally can't remember anything, positive OR negative about ORF), but all I hear and read about SW is negative.
So what Gives?
Is it a licensing thing?
Why isn't there someone who can make a good clone?
BTW, I used to own a SAR-8, so IMHO, a good clone IS possible. I wish I still had it!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:18:03 AM EDT
[#17]
This is a lesson is how to communicate and how to sell a nonexisting product.  At least that guy got some sort of weapon.  From 3 to 16 months.  How many YEARS have the Shrike people have waited for any signs the company is still in existance.  But toad has a nasty habit of lashing out and poor people skills.  Ares people are better at tantilizing the customers and giving them just enough to keep them scaling the walls.  Nick did lose his suit and toad was boasting he was going after the guy'd wife's business as well.

Thank God for companies like ORF and some of the more reputable builders.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Index
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:20:20 AM EDT
[#19]
What really amazes me is that some people still buy his hunks of shit.  Just wait...someone will show up and say something like "My SpEshUl WePUnsz SW5 is a grate gun!  Its just like the one I use on counterstrike  and you internot jurks are just jelous that you spent $3000 on that crappy hk and it's no better than my sW5!"
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Sorry for my ignorace, but what is the history behind Special Weapons? Folks here seem to have strong opinions of them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Sorry for my ignorace, but what is the history behind Special Weapons? Folks here seem to have strong opinions of them.

history = ripoffs, lies, mis-truths, and don't forget the all important SUBSTANDARD products. SW MP5s look like kids cap guns. If you ever get a chance to examine one up close, notice the horrible welds, etc. To sum it up, they are JUNK and are backed up by dishonest people.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What really amazes me is that some people still buy his hunks of shit.  Just wait...someone will show up and say something like "My SpEshUl WePUnsz SW5 is a grate gun!  Its just like the one I use on counterstrike  and you internot jurks are just jelous that you spent $3000 on that crappy hk and it's no better than my sW5!"

You mean like these guys?

pwn3d
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Some of his later guns actually do work.  Or if you had someone like IGF build you one with a SW kit, they work fine.  I have his first build and no FTFs or anything.  The cocking tube is a little crooked but that is it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Is Special Weapons related to Bobcat in any way?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:16:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Is Special Weapons related to Bobcat in any way?

yes, the skunk just changed his stripes

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:24:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Go to www.hkpro.com- the consensus there is that the SW is the best HK clone out there. I had a 2000 built SW5 and it ran like a raped ape, however  I have had 0 contact with the Co or the infamous Todd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top