User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 7:25:46 PM EDT
40 pages, if we hit 42 it locks up...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If Bush had just stood there and jacked off (literally) through the whole debate, People around here would declare him the winner and parise his amazing staying power.

You must have missed the first debate thread from last week.

Plenty of pretty harsh criticism of GWBush's performance there.

Yes, I did miss that thread.  I'll withdraw the above comment and just say that I'd be surprised if any unbiased observer thought Bush performed well in either debate.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I think you can safely disregard this comment from John the Restroomfixture. Planerench out. (Oh, yeah, FLUSH THE JOHNS IN '04!)

I guess y'all don't take dissent or criticism very well around here, eh?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'd be surprised if any unbiased observer thought Bush performed well in either debate.

HE did a good job tonight and Id like you to explain why he didnt do such a good job.

Kerry is a good speaker but the problem is his record and his ideology. I hope most Americans will see that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I listened to 90% on the radio in my car on the way home.

Kerry was much more on the defense this week. Bush was much more confident, tossed a few jokes in that went ok and was on the attack more and more as the night went on.

What Kerry gets away with and people like John the Texican cannot seem to understand is saying nothing, but usually (not so much tonight) delivering it well. Sorry John the Texican, but saying you have a better plan, a faster plan, more of a plan, a plan on your website, a cheaper plan, a more expensive plan, a smaller plan, a bigger plan, a skinnier plan, does not answer the question and does nothing to explain your real position to any discerning listener.

In addition, Kerry stammered, stuttered, paused several times for long periods of times and sounded much less certain than last week when he was delivering 1 minute no detail answers from behind the podium. If Bush had stammered and stuttered and paused tonight we would be hearing from people like you about how Bush got slaughtered.

I also believe Bush connected with his audience very well tonight and Kerry did not. Watching him try and wriggle out of that abortion funding question in a socially conservative state like Missouri was like watching a fish on the hook . Dodge, stammer, try and butter up the questioner, but those people were not buying the weasel act, you can bet on that.

Ray
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be surprised if any unbiased observer thought Bush performed well in either debate.

HE did a good job tonight and Id like you to explain why he didnt do such a good job.

Kerry is a good speaker but the problem is his record and his ideology. I hope most Americans will see that.

Don't be so hopeful of sheep.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you can safely disregard this comment from John the Restroomfixture. Planerench out. (Oh, yeah, FLUSH THE JOHNS IN '04!)

I guess y'all don't take dissent or criticism very well around here, eh?

Yes, we do. Bush got bushwacked in the last debate and most people here concurred that while he had more substance he got his ass handed to him.

He kicked ass tonight and only a libertarian nutcase could think the President's performance had any similarity to his performance last week. Your lack of knowledge about the (ARFCOM) collective response makes your opinion of little value. Also, making yourself out to be a neutral observer is laughable. There is no such thing. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Was Kerry a music box tonight??

"I really respect your question..  "

How many times did he repeat that one..

the slightly different...  "I really respect the emotion of your question.."

huh??  wtf??  

I respect it so much I am just going to dance around how much I respect you and leave it at that...

FMO
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I think Bush dramaticly improved over the first debate. Yeah he stuttered a little but I think that is just part of who he is. And I think he won this one. I don't care what poll says other wise. Bush was aggressive, well spoken and had a good response to all questions,IMHO. Anyway, my 2 cents. Take care.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought that Kerry did not anwser a singlr question without attacking Pres Bush.

Just a sraight anwser on your position would have been nice.

Bobwrench
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#10]
One of them is a talker, and one of them is an action taker.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought Bush handed Skerry his ass.

Bush came out swinging.  He sounded very agressive (I listened to the first half and viewed the second  half) and seemed to have Kerry reacting to him.  Kerry attempted to sound as agressive but came off flat.  

Also, Bush didn't stammer or mince words tonight.  Kerry seemed to actually stutter some and seemed caught off guard a few times.  

Bush hit all of the rebuttal points that the conservative talk show pundits chided him for all week.  

He also seemed very informed and engaged.  

Kerry looked deflated and scrambling for most of the night.  

Bush K.O.'d Kerry.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't forget the all over the map answer on federal funding for abortion! Would you or wouldn't you support fed funding of abortion? Two minutes later, not a yes or a no.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Kerry's daughter was crying after the debate.  You guys know what that means, don't you?  Kerry got his ass kicked.

Where did you see that? I would have paid money to see that! Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Kerry's daughter was crying after the debate.  You guys know what that means, don't you?  Kerry got his ass kicked.

we need pics
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Kerry:  "It's Just Not That Simple..............plus I won three purple hearts!........AND I have a plan...."

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Bush did really well, but.

kerry has a plan.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Kerry's voice trembled tonight. Am I the only one who noticed?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah....kerry has a plan, but he won't go into details.

Therefore, like nixon in '68, HE HAS NO PLAN.  he's just saying he does to get votes.

Bush, on the other hand, actually HAS a plan, and is acting on it...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Kerry's a fast backpeddler.

Last debate he said he would give Iran nuclear fuel.

This debate he said he would be tough with Iran concerning it's nuclear capability.

Last debate he mentioned the "Global Test".

This debate he tried to pound home "No country can veto our will" (or similar).

Whatever he gets picked on and ridiculed with from this debate... he'll change his position on for the next debate.

I'd put money on it.

My biggest complaint.... is when the whole draft crap came up,.. Bush didn't mention it was being pushed by the Democrats.  He did a great job during this part of the debate, but still, I'd have loved to have that thrown out there for the younger crowd.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Kerry's a fast backpeddler.

Last debate he said he would give Iran nuclear fuel.

This debate he said he would be tough with Iran concerning it's nuclear capability.

Last debate he mentioned the "Global Test".

This debate he tried to pound home "No country can veto our will" (or similar).

Whatever he gets picked on and ridiculed with from this debate... he'll change his position on for the next debate.

I'd put money on it.

My biggest complaint.... is when the whole draft crap came up,.. Bush didn't mention it was being pushed by the Democrats.  He did a great job during this part of the debate, but still, I'd have loved to have that thrown out there for the younger crowd.

The question about Iran was what would you DO if sanctions DIDN'T WORK! Answer the damn question! The only thing close to an answer was in the last sentence (after two minutes of non-answer) when he said he would be "tough" on them (Iran). What the HELL does that actually MEAN? AL Qerry left this debate with two fistfulls of his own ground ass handed back to him by the Pres. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#23]
The first scientific results are in, CNN/Gallop.  It showed a statistical draw, but it only sampled a little over 500 viewers.

The real effects won't be known for days of course.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:11:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Kerry's daughter was crying after the debate. You guys know what that means, don't you? Kerry got his ass kicked.

These two statements really say it all.  A daughter is quite possibly the largest champion of a father,  and she knew that he had had his anus handed to him.  

If there were any truly middle of the road undecided voters watching last night they saw this for themselves.  I am not worried about the sheeple their minds are already made up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:34:23 AM EDT
[#25]
I'd love to see some pics of Kerry's daughter crying.  I watched the whole debate but I missed that scene.

Did y'all also notice after the debate how GW and Laura were mobbed by supporters and Kerry only had a few people around him?

W!

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:40:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If Bush had just stood there and jacked off (literally) through the whole debate, People around here would declare him the winner and parise his amazing staying power.

You must have missed the first debate thread from last week.

Plenty of pretty harsh criticism of GWBush's performance there.

Yes, I did miss that thread.  I'll withdraw the above comment and just say that I'd be surprised if any unbiased observer thought Bush performed well in either debate.

I'd be surprised if you would be honest enough to admit they were unbiased if they did.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Kerry's daughter was crying after the debate. You guys know what that means, don't you? Kerry got his ass kicked.

These two statements really say it all.  A daughter is quite possibly the largest champion of a father,  and she knew that he had had his anus handed to him.  

If there were any truly middle of the road undecided voters watching last night they saw this for themselves.  I am not worried about the sheeple their minds are already made up.

Yup saw it first hand as I watched the debate with one last night. Infact after the debate we were talking and she wanted to know where/how to register to vote. Bush won at least one "middle of the road undecided voter" last night here in Wisconsin, and I'll put money on it that she isn't the only one he picked up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#28]
I listened on the radio. Bush soudned like he was whining most of the time, but he got some good hits in an seemed to do much better than the first time.

I wish he would lay off the "voted for the 87 billion before I voted against it" hit and use some other ones just to add some variety. I would have liked to see him slam Kerry for not showing up for intelligence committee meetings. "How can the senator claim to concerned about defense when he skipped xx% of intelligence committee meetings. The president has to be on the job 100% of the time."

I wanted to reach through the radio and choke kerry, and a couple of the jackoff "undecided" (i.e. lying kerry supporter) question takers.

Also, what kind of "townhall" question and answer session is it when some dude gets to pick all of the questions that are asked. What a joke.

Anyway, Bush did a decent job and that's all that matters.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Ummmmm I believe he did mention tthat Kerry missed the intel meetings, will need to double check...  and I hardly think sounding incredulous at that bullshit streaming from Kerry's mouth is "whining."

It just sounded like a whiney tone of voice to me.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Well if Kerry backpedeld on the Iraq fuel issue and the "Global Test" there will be pleanty of GOP TV ads coming out this week showing the two clips back to back.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#33]
GW KICKED ASS LAST NIGHT!

"Need some wood?"

Fucking classic.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
"Need some wood?"

Fucking classic.

Yeah, that was the best line of the night.

That's news to me ... ... ... need some wood?

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

No, that just means the ev1l Republicans were mean to her!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top