Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 2:37:48 PM EDT
We live in a small up state NH town ..and 2 times this year I have had teachers at the school refer to our 1 years old daughter as "Job security"..............Does this piss anyone else off?.........One was the Pricipal of the Elementry School!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
As a FOOLISH YOUNG TEACHER myself who thought that as long as there were kids I'd have a job...I gotta say WRONG-Bucko!  You can get layed off.  I was.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have found thus far in my short life that most Government employees think primarily of job security. Case in point: welfare. They wouldn't let my grandmother off the rolls. When she got a job and stopped cashing welfare checks, they garnished her paycheck and threatened to take my father and uncles from her if she did not get back on welfare.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep. Here in Oregon it doesn't matter how many kids we got. We lay teachers off left and right.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
But does'nt it kinda imply that MY child has to actuallt go to public school..........WE are seriously considering Home Schooling because of the attitude that MY KIDS belong to the State first then to the Parents!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
But does'nt it kinda imply that MY child has to actuallt go to public school..........WE are seriously considering Home Schooling because of the attitude that MY KIDS belong to the State first then to the Parents!

You're right about that attitude. Here in WA, the administration decides if an absence is to be excused or not. We took a vacation and missed some school, but I made up all the work (took it with me actually) and it did not hurt my grades. The administration at first attempted to fail me, as they do if you have too many unexcused absences. My father went in and politely told them that it was his job to decide if my absences were excused. Next quarter they pulled the same thing, and he called the principal. She apologized, said it was an error on the part of her office staff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top