Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 1:33:20 PM EDT
A little rant, a little funny, here's the story:

I've been driving the girlfriends jeep to work for a few days because she says there is something wrong with the front end (I think she's crazy, but thats another story). So, I go out this morning to go to work, and someone had taken the fire extinguisher and discharged it inside the vehicle (I live in an apartment, and this isn't the first time that cars have been vandalized in the parking lot). The fire extinguisher is mounted on the roll bar for easy access. I'm thinking 'aw hell, now what do I do?'. Just as I'm about to walk back home, I see the city PD rolling through the parking lot. I wave him down and this is how the conversation went:

me: Someone vandalized my car last night.

officer: Yeah, a lot of people got their cars vandalized here last night.

me: They sprayed the fire extinguisher all over the interior.

officer: Give me a minute, I have to go talk to this lady over there, and I'll be right back.

me: Ok, no problem.

After about 3-4 minutes, the officer comes rolling back.

officer: Ok, is anything missing?

me: I don't think so, maybe a flashlight out of the glove box.

officer: (kind of suspiciously) What kind of flashlight?

me: Maglight.

officer: What color?

me: Black.

officer: Ok, I'm going to take all your information and give you a report number, if you find anything missing, call me so I can add it to the report. We caught the kids about an hour ago, and if we find anything in the vehicle that is yours, we'll return it to you.

me: No shit! You caught them?

officer: Yep, they were stupid enough to hang around.

me: Um, you mind if I put my foot in their ass?

officer: Don't worry about that, its been taken care of.

me: oh yeah?

officer: yeah, one of them took a swing at me.

me: Ooooh, that's a bad move.

officer: (with a smirk) yeah, that didn't work out to well for him. ( is it wrong to be happy that the fucking vandal got a beat down?)

me: Well, no shit.

officer: Here is my name and phone number if you find anything missing. just call and leave a message with the report number.

me: Thank you, sir. Have a nice day.

Now, there were some other people in the parking lot that were cleaning up glass from broken windows. One of them said that they broke in, didn't steal anything, in fact took the face off the radio and broke it in half. Just destroying property. I don't know if they were juveniles or not, I didn't ask and he didn't say.

How do you clean this crap up? It was a basic co2, there is a white powder covering everything. Any suggestions?

John
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a Jeep, right? Hose it out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Take it for a drive, with the top and doors off. Then hose it out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How do you clean this crap up? It was a basic co2, there is a white powder covering everything. Any suggestions?
John

It's either CO2, or there is powder from it; not both.  It was a standard Dry Chemical extinguisher, I betcha.  Amazingly similar to baking soda in substance.

Shop vac, then drive with the top off for a little bit.  Best you can do.

The front end:  was she turning in 4WD?  People often think there is something wrong.

Larry
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep either hose it out or leave the top off & wait for it to rain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top