Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/8/2004 12:51:22 PM EDT
Why is it that "they" can use it and we can't?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
because whites are the minority
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Same reason we can use Honky and get away with it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Cracker!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#4]
who the fuck are you calling "they?" haha, just playin' my nigga. oh, and by the way, that's the key. nigga is okay, kind of slangish. nigger is the no-no. i don't understand it either.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I use it all the time here in Atlanta!!

Nice knowing you guys'.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why is it that "they" can use it and we can't?

We cant say the word nigger? News to me. If they can say it why cant you?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I never use the "N" word.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I say it to my friends all the time. "What's up my niggas?" See, it's irony, because we're all white.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

They use honkey, cracker, and every other term they think up all of the time.  It is a one sided, item.  My view is that if the word itself is that offensive, noone should use it... like saying the name "Hillary Clinton."
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Never use it either - and when I hear people that do - it seems to makes their intelligence drop around 30 points.

Oh, and IBTL.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
who the fuck are you calling "they?" haha, just playin' my nigga. oh, and by the way, that's the key. nigga is okay, kind of slangish. nigger is the no-no. i don't understand it either.

I have heard that argument many times and I think it is bullshit. Whites don't call each other "Honky" nearly as much as blacks use "Nigga". Second, if you TRUELY don't want to be demeaned, don't open yourself up for being called a certain term by using it constantly.

Also, if you don't want to be subjected to certain opinions don't:

-Have the highest death rate per ethnicity from AIDs in the U.S.

-Have 1/3 male members of your ethnicity in some state of the correctional facility

-Use Affirmative Action as a default to get jobs, college entrance, etc. If you want to be treated as an equal, act like an equal and go through the same tribulations as an equal.

-Have the lowest standardized test scores in the U.S.

There are many things that the black community could do as a whole, but the harsh truth is that many of them just don't want to. But, when you have Welfare to live off of, who would?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They use honkey, cracker, and every other term they think up all of the time.  It is a one sided, item.  My view is that if the word itself is that offensive, noone should use it... like saying the name "Hillary Clinton."

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I used to work with some black guys, and they weren't bothered by it as long as we were kidding.  We used to use phrases like "Niggah, please...", and "My niggah".  I guess it all depends on the people and the usage of the word.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, heres the story, this is an argument that happened on my bus this morning.

DeeDee (who is black): Shut up n****r!
Roman (Who is white): What did you say?
DeeDee: I said shut up you n****r!
Roman: (to the bus driver) She called me the "N" word!
DeeDee: No I didn't
Roman: Yes you did!
Bus Driver (who is black): So?
Roman: SHe called me a n****r!
Bus driver: (to Roman) Thats it! I'm writing you up!

WTF?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#15]
If your a minority, the rules don't apply to you.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Brasspile and CavVet got into a big argument over this sort of thing.

I do not like when "they" use it or when "others" use it. A crude expression.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Most of my friends are black, and we use that word and other slurs. But the context is important.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#18]
More importantly, why can't I call people LIBERAL who call me a right wing nut.

IBTL
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I say it to my friends all the time. "What's up my niggas?" See, it's irony, because we're all white.

thats funny niggas, and yes Im white. Oh IBTL
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have heard that argument many times and I think it is bullshit. Whites don't call each other "Honky" nearly as much as blacks use "Nigga". Second, if you TRUELY don't want to be demeaned, don't open yourself up for being called a certain term by using it constantly.

-Have 1/3 male members of your ethnicity in some state of the correctional facility

-Use Affirmative Action as a default to get jobs, college entrance, etc. If you want to be treated as an equal, act like an equal and go through the same tribulations as an equal.

There are many things that the black community could do as a whole, but the harsh truth is that many of them just don't want to. But, when you have Welfare to live off of, who would?

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Who the hell are you talking about , When you say they ?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Because your wife will never take NO as an answer but use it when answering you. It has something to do with genetics or hormones.

MT

Oh we aren't talking about the NO word?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I would never be offended if someone called me a "honkey" or a "cracker".
Anyone who speaks that way is a low class idiot, who is not in a "position" to offend me.

Only people with inferiority complexes are so easily offended.
There's too big a rush to claim victim status.
It's as though some white people WANT there to be a bad word for them, as well.

Think about it.
There are many places on earth that have words that are supposed to be anti-american "slurs".
I wear them as a badge of honor.

Call a Pakistani a 'wog", and it'll offend him to his core, and bring the memories of humiliation and colonialism.
What can he call an American in return, that would cause such pain?
There is no word.

America Rules!

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#27]
nagant? nagant nagant nagant!! who exactly are they?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I used to say nigger, now I refuse too. Blacks and whites have more in common here in the U.S. than any other two groups. Most of my black friends agree. Whether blacks or whites want to admit it or not, it is going to be us(blacks,whites) versus them(terrorist rop). I believe the other various ethnic groups could care less.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Never use it either - and when I hear people that do - it seems to makes their intelligence drop around 30 points.

Oh, and IBTL.

Actually that is how I feel about people who can't say the word "nigger" out of white guilt or political correctness and say things like "The N Word."

It's like listening to a 4 year old say he has to go #1 or #2.

Now I don't use it with the same malicious intent as others, but I can't be afraid of a word and still respect myself as a grown up.

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Thats just it, If a black person says it its ok. But if I were to say it I would get 5 days OSS for "racism".
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't give a crap. I just try to avoid them altogther and I don't have to worry about their shit ass society or myself getting carjacked or robbed. I try to remind myself that the ghetto is not the real America and take hope in knowing that come voting day, most of those fuckers are too stupid to think about voting or they won't even be out of bed until the polls close.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Because white people are racist, and the White Man's use of that word just proves their racism.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#34]
People who see the word nigger or any racially charged word as a bad thing and get all bend out of shape when it is used are the reason racism is still around.

I dont care what those words used to mean or what they are supposed to mean.. you can call me a nigger, a cracker, or dumb MFer.. I dont care.  The day that people grow up and stop being so damn sensitive about what other people do.. is the day that all this racism crap will go away.

Here is an article I wrote for my website a while back concerning this subject:

Over the last week or so I have engaged in roughly four conversations about using racialy charged words such as nigger. In those conversations I have attempted to get across my idea that racism itself is fueled by people’s reluctance to forgive the offensive nature of such words. One thing that bothers me is that when black people say nigger is perfectly fine but when they hear someone that is not black say it they fly off into a rage. To me that is a big fat load of hypocrisy.

I just finished reading a book on this subject this week it’s titled "nigger: the strange career of a troublesome word." by Randall Kennedy (author of "interracial intimacies") There is one part that I found to fit this article very well:

"One purpose of this book has been to urge caution before attributing the worst meaning and motives to any word or symbol since all can be put to a variety of uses, good as well as bad. The swastika evokes memories of evils that are among the worst in all of world history. Yet artists (for example, Art Speigelman and Steven Spielberg) have movingly used the swastika in a variety of useful ways, including comedic lampoons designed to satirize Hitler's colossal failure. Another purpose of my book has been to counsel likely targets of racist abuse to respond in ways that are self-empowering. All too often, they are told that they should become emotionally overwrought upon encountering racist taunts. They are taught that they ought to feel deeply wounded and that authorities should therefore protect them from this potentially crippling harm by prohibiting nigger and other such words and punishing transgressions severely. In my view, such a lessoncedes too much power to bigots who sek to draw psychological blood from thier quarry. A better lesson to convey is that targets of abuse can themselves play significant roles in shaping the terrain of conflict and thus lessen their vulnerability through creative, intelligent, and supple reactions." - p.147

The idea in my head is that as long as you keep these racial epithets around… whether its "cracker" "peckerwood" or "nigger" and you hold them as evil sick disgusting words that represent all the evils of the past… you are binding yourself to racism. If you let the word go and let it be what it is… a random grouping of letters and nothing more… then people can move on... but as long as you let it entangle you in the thralls of the past... you will be the one who is ignorant and you will be the one who is adding fuel to the fire that is racism.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Anyone who speaks that way is a low class idiot, who is not in a "position" to offend me.

WTF???  I thought you were black???

I'm confused...and without the archives, I can't cite the post where you said it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm confused...and without the archives, I can't cite the post where you said it.

I'm also really just a 12 year old girl.

(you really are confused...)
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Y'all have surely seen 'Tokyo Breakfast' on albinoblacksheep.com?

seanism.com/dlarea/?action=file&id=133 for download.

Eric The(Legendary)Hun

Tokyo Breakfast is a work of art.. plain and simple.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Because white people are racist, and the White Man's use of that word just proves their racism.

So then, does use of the term by someone who is black mean that she/he accepts the prejudices, tags, labels, etc that term (& its philisophical origin) engenders? Why would any group normalize the slang epithets used by others to denegrate them? How demeaning is that?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I use it very rarely, to describe an ignorant, worthless person, white, black or otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm also really just a 12 year old girl.

(you really are confused...)

Damn, Cincinnatus, I've quoted you many times promoting African Americans' pro-conservatism!!!  

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Niggers, Honkeys, Spics, Whaps, Kikes, slant eyes, camel jockeys, half breeds, and crackers.

Hell, there is a name for everyone.  That's what makes this world so great...Diversity!

I fall into at least one of these groups by the way.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Sticks & stones man, sticks & stones.

Oh and,

IBTCV

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#43]
"let's get ready to rumble............"
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#44]
I feel that anyone who is offended by a word, in this modern day of verbal ambiguity, deserves whatever grief they endure.

It depends on what your definition of nigger is

It is absoloutely trivial, in this dangerous world we live in, to focus on such a superficial thing as a perceived racial slur.

I say, let "them" fight it out amongst themselves, while I fight to make my own world a better place.

Fuck them.  Fuck them all... whoever "they" may be.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#45]
you know, if I gave a shit, I could be offended by a LOT of labels......

but I don't care.

As for the whole nigger/nigga/cracker/honky/redneck/kike/wop/kraut/greaser bit, using labels like that says more about the person using them than anything else.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to work in Max security prison for 6 yrs and the blacks used the N word all the time and not nigga but nigger. I or any other white was not allowed or we was fired . They can call us cracker, honky, and any other damb thing they want in hatred and the captain and major will tell you that the white man in the courts can not be discriminated against so they can get by with it, we cant. BULLSHIT!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#47]
because Necrophilia is just wrong.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
because Necrophilia is just wrong.

Say that when you're room temp and lonely!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I feel that anyone who is offended by a word, in this modern day of verbal ambiguity, deserves whatever grief they endure.

It depends on what your definition of nigger is

It is absoloutely trivial, in this dangerous world we live in, to focus on such a superficial thing as a perceived racial slur.

I say, let "them" fight it out amongst themselves, while I fight to make my own world a better place.

Fuck them.  Fuck them all... whoever "they" may be.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Just when they boards are going good another "bubba' falls of the pick-up truck. The "N" word is mostly a slang word these days with most people. Alot of white youths use my "nigga" or whats up "negro"and it has become acceptable to all to include blacks. But when you throw the "r" on the end. The word takes on a whole new meaning. Because when a white,asian,latin,person says the derogatory word "nigger'. It is always those,them,and a nigger that. Whens the last time you went up to a person and said "Higook,wetback,WOP whats up ?. So when you ask the question that you asked,expect a real answer. Not for your redneck,whits socks,blue ribbon berr drinking buddys to back you up. Obiviously some person of color kicked your ass or stole your woman. Get a grip buddy we have people attacking "Americans" worlwide and they dony give a f%&k whether your black,white,latin,indian. And yes im white and love "Americans' [
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top