Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 9:34:03 AM EDT
Everytime I go into the groceiry store I see over 10 magazines on whats the latest in hollywood and what are all the celebrities doing.  How can some people be so obsessed about another persons life that they have to pay to find out who they are dating??  Who the fuck cares they are just people like me and you but got lucky.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Trust me, your not the only one sick of this crap.

It seems like every woman I know (save one) is infatuated with this type of crap.  At work, it's all they talk about.  At lunch, it's all they talk about.

Entertainment Tonight,  E! Celebrity Scandal, E! 101 best star makeovers, ad nauseum.  This is the type of crap my wife watches CONSTANTLY.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#2]
They're our royalty.....by law we can have no real Kings, Queens or Princes...

Royalty watching in England is like celebrity watching here.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Many people have no meaning or significance in their own lives, so they try to get some by immersing themselves in the lives of others.

There are some (few) celebrities I admire, such as Charlton Heston and Tom Selleck, but don't ask me what the latest intimate details of their lives are.  I don't know.  I'm busy living my own life.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They're our royalty.....by law we can have no real Kings, Queens or Princes...

Royalty watching in England is like celebrity watching here.

they aint my Royalty
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#5]

How can some people be so obsessed about another persons life that they have to pay to find out who they are dating??

Who are these people, you ask???

They are the very same people who will elect our next president!!!

If that doesn't send a chill down your spine, nothing will.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#6]
isnt there a quote about an educated electorate being essential to democracy?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Everytime I go into the groceiry store I see over 10 magazines on whats the latest in hollywood and what are all the celebrities doing. How can some people be so obsessed about another persons life that they have to pay to find out who they are dating?? Who the fuck cares they are just people like me and you but got lucky.

Everytime I go to ARFCOM  I see over 10 threads  on whats the latest in BOTD and what are all the celebrities and  ALIZEE's doing. How can some people be so obsessed about another persons life that they have to pay to find out who they are dating?? Who the fuck cares they are just people like me and you but got lucky.

Made some updates.

mind you I'm not complaining about any thread that has ALIZEE in it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#8]
If someone would HANG THEM ALL, I would buy the rope and the beer...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Read my sig line.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Read my sig line.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

sad but true
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Everytime I go to ARFCOM  I see over 10 threads  on whats the latest in BOTD and what are all the celebrities and  ALIZEE's doing. How can some people be so obsessed about another persons life that they have to pay to find out who they are dating?? Who the fuck cares they are just people like me and you but got lucky.

Made some updates.

mind you I'm not complaining about any thread that has ALIZEE in it.

Correction, these threads don't talk about how they are doing, instead its just a few pictures followed with numerous "I'd hit it" and pie references.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I worship Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Not stalker type worship - just wrist type worship.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Your just down because N'Sync broke up.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yeah, I worship Brooke Burke and Keira Knightley
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I worship Brooke Burke and Keira Knightley

Roger that!

Like the joke about the two guys watching movie reviews:  "had her.." "me too.." "had her too..."  "me too.."  "definitely had her..."  "...having her right now..."

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I sat next to Dave Mustain on the plane the other day. Didnt say one word to him and hardly noticed him.
I could care less what famous people do in their daily life.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Many people have no meaning or significance in their own lives, so they try to get some by immersing themselves in the lives of others.

Sadly, so true.

There are some (few) celebrities I admire, such as Charlton Heston and Tom Selleck, but don't ask me what the latest intimate details of their lives are.  I don't know.  I'm busy living my own life.

(And keeping up with what's going on here! ) Roger that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Your just down because N'Sync broke up.  

that was so 3 years ago
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top