Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 8:54:06 AM EDT
Ran out to Borders at lunch to get Shadow War. First surprise was that they had it in stock (three copies), although the clerk had to show me where. It was in the politics section, unfortunately not in new non-fiction. Second surprise was that Unfit for Command was prominantly displayed. Biggest surprise was that on the same end cap, along with Michael Moore's book, was Ann Coulter's.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Borders, to me
has always done a real good job of being unbiased. and just sell books.

I like that, you can get whichever you want, (left or right) and not be harassed.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I think how Borders promotes their books is based on each individual, store's manager, and not corporate policy. The only corporate-wide policy is be sure to make money, how they do it up to each store manager.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Really?  Cause the boyfriend had to dig in the back section of the store to even try and find a copy of "Unfit for Command", whereas Clinton's biography and all those anti-Bush books were a freakin window display.

Then again, I live in California.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Really?  Cause the boyfriend had to dig in the back section of the store to even try and find a copy of "Unfit for Command", whereas Clinton's biography and all those anti-Bush books were a freakin window display.

Then again, I live in California.

/plumber

Well heres the problem!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top