Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 5:04:07 AM EDT
My wife and I are considering a home purchase in the Tucson area (West side, between Tucson and Marana).  We will be out there again in about 3 weeks.  SHould we find something, I'd like to consult with a lawyer experienced in real estate and knowledgeable in the aspects of the zoning and the affects of the washes on many of the areas there.  MAy need him/her to handle the contracts.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:26:21 AM EDT
[#1]
no lawyer needed !! just contact a Realtor from Longs Realty, good people & very knowledgable about your concerns.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:42:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  That's a particularly good recommendation as that firm has listed a couple of the houses we are considering.  Good to hear.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:45:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd probably hire a really good home inspector before hiring a lawyer.  The home inspector should have info on the geological conditions.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd get a lawyer... a realtor is a salesman... I trust realtors about as much as I trust used car salesmen but ymmv, of course.

If you are still willing to consider an attorney, check the Martindale-hubbell website. Martindale is considered the foremost rating authority on attorneys and you can locate someone in Tucson who specializes in real estate on their website. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:21:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd probably hire a really good home inspector before hiring a lawyer.  The home inspector should have info on the geological conditions.

GunLvr

Right you are.  I would always have an inspector and survey as contingencies in the contract.  Cheapest money you can spend while buying a home.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Screw Long Realty. Stay away from that branch in Marana.

Having just gone through this process.

-No lawyer is required. (Though if you deal with Long, you may need one later)
-Get referrals on specific realtors, the parent company name don't mean squat except if your realtor and the sellers realtor have the same parent company, then see the Lawyer line above.
-Home inspectors are a waste of skin. Their job is to make sure the house gets sold, (especially if your realtor recommended him) not to make sure the house is in good condition. Get a roof guy to look at the roof. An AC guy to look at the AC, a pool guy to look at the pool, etc... etc.....  Spend the extra dough to have everything inspected right.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I find patent lawyers to be the tastiest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top