Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 4:19:05 AM EDT
Zarqawi Group Kills British Hostage in Iraq-TV

Yahoo News (link)

DUBAI (Reuters) - A militant group led by al Qaeda ally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi killed British hostage Kenneth Bigley in Iraq (news - web sites), Abu Dhabi Television said on Friday, quoting "informed" sources in Iraq.

The 62-year-old engineer was kidnapped in Baghdad on Sept. 16 by the Tawhid and Jihad Group which has also beheaded two American hostages who were seized along with the Briton.

"We have learned from informed sources in the Iraqi capital that the kidnappers of Kenneth Bigley have killed him," an Abu Dhabi newscaster said.

Asked to comment on the report, Bigley's brother Paul told Reuters in London: "I have heard nothing at all. I have been optimistic and remain optimistic. I am praying this news is not true."

Iraqi Interior Ministry officials in Baghdad said they had no information on the report.

A British embassy spokeswoman said: "I cannot confirm it."

The kidnappers had demanded U.S.-led forces in Iraq release women prisoners in Iraqi jails to spare Bigley's life. Last week, Bigley appealed to British Prime Minister Tony Blair (news - web sites) to meet the captor's demands to save his life.

Blair has said his government will not negotiate with the hostage takers.

Several groups and individuals have tried to negotiate Bigley's release. This week, Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi (news - web sites) appealed to the kidnappers to free him.

One of Gaddafi's sons, who has interceded in the past for Westerners held by Islamist groups, also said he was using his charity foundation contacts in Iraq to help free Bigley, saying the next 48 hours would be crucial for his fate.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:21:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not supprised.  May he rest in peace.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:23:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope we find and kill those SOBs quickly.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Prayers to him & His family.
I still can't understand why we don't implant all these contractors with Tracking devices so we can Find & finish off this Zarquai Prick!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:01:55 AM EDT
[#4]
A place awaits for these murdering thugs that will inflict more torment than I could ever begin to.

Jesus said we would know people by their fruit (the products of their actions).

The fruit of those who follow the True God is not torture and murder.

This is evidence that their actions are satanic, not holy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:03:02 AM EDT
[#5]
At least the poor man rests in some peace now.

I'm sure sKerry will say it's all Bush's fault, of course. May have been holding the knife, and all that....
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Hardly a surprise. They'll get what's coming to them. Don't get captured, because if you do, you're as good as dead.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:53:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm not supprised.  May he rest in peace.

I second that, but resting at peace is at odds with the way he left this world. Picture for a moment his last few minutes. We've seen it. We know what it looks like.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Goddamn terrorist cocksmokers!

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Goddamn terrorist cocksmokers!

hr

Hell hath no fury like the wrath of God.  May he wipe the terrorist plague off the face of the Earth swiftly by our hand.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't get captured, because if you do, you're as good as dead.

Fixed it for you.

Why do you think I carry a frag? It isn't to throw, I can tell you that much.

Good strategy my man.  hope you never have to use it!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#12]
thats what you get when you go these places.  oh well, if he wanted to keep his head about him he should've stayed home.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I hope we find and kill those SOBs quickly.

We know they're in Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't get captured, because if you do, you're as good as dead.

Fixed it for you.

Why do you think I carry a frag? It isn't to throw, I can tell you that much.

I'd do the same if I was in the same situation. No way I will let these MOFOs capture me alive. Might as well take some more with me if I'm out of ammo.

Stay SAFE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top