Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 10:58:59 PM EDT
Here’s a story about a nice little town in Alaska.  As the LA Times published it you can see some of the inbred bias.  But it is a nice story.

Stop or We'll Shout
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
interesting
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:13:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a safe place.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The dog population must be thriving.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it's time for the mafia to go live/do their business there.....and business will probably be so great that the town population will go BOOM
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:13:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think it's time for the mafia to go live/do their business there.....and business will probably be so great that the town population will go BOOM

Ummm, get a clue where this place is.  I doubt very many people, if anyone, is going to be moving there anytime soon.

maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&csz=Hooper+Bay%2C+AK&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=   (zoom out to the state level)

Merlin
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:19:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought for sure this would have been in California.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:45:31 AM EDT
[#8]
"Stop...or I'll say Stop again!"

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:52:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I thought for sure this would have been in California.

There is a city in California that has an unarmed police force. Insanity.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:53:32 AM EDT
[#10]

believe that armed officers would only create more trouble.

There are many ways to deal with dangerous situations," says City Administrator Raphael Murran. "If the police had guns, somebody might get shot. Somebody might get killed. Then there would be real trouble."

Payback is a BITCH!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:07:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Any PD where the Chief is on record as being in favor of gun control should be required to go about their general duties unarmed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#13]
If they're REALLY good, maybe the citizens will give the cops their guns back one day.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#14]
they were incorportated when the got electricity?  All the population has increased since then, and crime has increased since then?

I say the problem is electricity, and progress. Not nine Barney Fifes, being unarmed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I thought for shure this would be about KANADA or CHITCAGO.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#16]
What a wonderful world it would be if the citizenry was always well-armed and the government was always unarmed.

I have come to the conclusion that virtually everything I was taught about history, government, and society (social studies) was wrong.  I started school in the fall of '61.  I have many biases that can easily be dated back to that period.  

Essentially, we were taught that government was good and oposing the government was evil.  

We were taught that the government was our benevolent overseer.

Thank God for Ronald Reagan.  From him I learned that government by its very nature means the restriction of personal freedom.  That the larger and more intrusive government is, that the less free we become.

I like the idea of unarmed police.  Actually, I think that we are poorly served by professional law enforcement officers.  I think that policing should be the domain of a rotating force of local citizens.

Our founding fathers warned against a standing army.  Our military today does not threaten me.  The "standing army" that I believe is the bane of freedom is the professional law enforcement officer.  They are insulated from the general population.  The LEO community is lead by politicians.  Politics appeals more to takers than it does to makers.  Most politicians and would-be politicians are liberal.  Virtually all liberals are takers -- people unwilling to work for what they want.  They see politics as a means of taking from those people they dislike.

Just because a LEO likes guns, cars, and girls, doesn't mean that he isn't a liberal at heart.  The LEO community is over-populated with insular elitists who would strip us of all our rights and even our lives if it served their purpose.

Face it, if it weren't for all the paperwork, there would be many more shootings of civilians by LEOs.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump for the nite crew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top