Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 9:15:47 PM EDT
Had lunch with a buddy of mine at work today.  Asked him about the big walk for Autism on Saturday.  He has an autistic child and we always support their team in the walk.  He says fine, but proceeds to tell me that they had planned to have a tethered hot air balloon to give the kids rides tomorrow (debate day) in Forest Park, which borders the Washington University campus where the debate will be held.  Somehow the Secret Service found out about it and contacted them.  No balloon rides.  Basically, they were very politely told that anything in the air that close to the debate site would be shot down by the black helicopters I saw flying over the motorcade this afternoon.  While it's a bummer for the kids, I was impressed by the level of research they must do to find out about something like this.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top