Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 7:57:35 PM EDT
Goddamn motherfucking son-of-a-BITCH!!!!!!!!!

I HATE THIS SHIT, I HATE THIS SHIT, I HATE THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fine, recall them for typos and the like but this rewriting of history is pushing me right over the fucking edge.  Another 10 years and NO ONE in this country is going to have a fucking clue what REALLY happened in the Civil War because of all this horseshit that is being shoved down people's throats.  And the same damn thing is going to happen to EVERYTHING that the Leftists think is "bad".

us.cnn.com/2004/US/10/06/oklahoma.tourism.reut/index.html

Oklahoma recalls tourist brochures featuring cow manure tossing

Pamphlets filled with spelling, grammatical and factual mistakes

Wednesday, October 6, 2004 Posted: 4:29 PM EDT (2029 GMT)

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (Reuters) -- Oklahoma tourism officials have recalled about 200,000 brochures with images of activities that may have seemed uninviting to some travelers, such as cow manure tossing and re-enacting Confederate battles, officials said Wednesday.

The pamphlet, called 2005 Annual Events Guide, featured events and activities throughout Oklahoma. It was also riddled with spelling, grammatical and factual mistakes.

"We discovered the material in the event guide was culturally insensitive and contained errors," said state tourism director Rob Gray.

One item that may not have helped was a photo of an event in which lumps of cow manure are thrown as a part of a contest in the town of Beaver, in western Oklahoma.

Another photo tourism officials found potentially objectionable showed Civil War re-enactors in Confederate uniforms firing cannons underneath a Confederate battle flag.

Confederate flags have been a flash point in U.S. politics as some have said they have racist overtones.

The guide had been produced by an employee who was no longer with the office, Gray said. He attributed the problems to a lack of oversight.

"Images are powerful," Gray said. "They have to be selected with caution."
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#1]
so the north fought who???

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
There is more to this than the media is reporting, like some monkey business relating to who got the contract, and then add in the extremely poor quality of the finished product.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

so the north fought who???

We didn't fight.  

The Civil War was really just an arguement that went to the United Nations where they passed Resolutions and solved it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Oklahoma where the wind goes sweeping through the brain.....

Fixed it for ya sum.
I knew those couple of months in Wichita Falls did something to my IQ. That place is just to close to Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Oklahome where the wind goes sweeping through the brain.....

Some of the coldest damn months that I've spent here in the States (no, never been to AK yet....)
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oklahome where the wind goes sweeping through the brain.....

HaHaHa, you can't even spell Oklahoma.
What went sweeping through your brain?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing wrong with the Corn-fed flag.  I've one myself that flew in Columbia, SC.  Personally I'd fly the Bonnie Blue first.  Now as to the PC history, it's a reenactment for Gawd's sake and not the promotion of slavery or of states' rights.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Strange, out here in CA they did a re-encactment in September and everyone loved it.

www.acws.net/huntington_beach.html
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a link to the Tourisms dept's feedback website.  OK BofT
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]

NoMOAMMO your state is next
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#11]
They took down the one here for the NAACP convention
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

NoMOAMMO your state is next

Man I hope not. Actually always liked Oklahoma hope its not the start of a downward spiral.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Spelling and grammatical errors would be enough for me to pull the brochures off the shelves.

That's completely unacceptable, especially at taxpayer's expense.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Not from here just stationed here. Born and raised in Texas.

You know what they say, the only reason Texas doesn't float into the gulf is because Oklahoma sucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top