Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 7:14:19 PM EDT
Is anybody else playing this?  Wow, has Valve done great things with the game engine.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there a cheat for it out already?
If not, I'm not playing it.

CS was very good for the first 3 weeks after it was released.
Then the cheating began.
I never played it again.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I downloaded it, but did not try to run it yet.

I am hopelessly hooked on fy_poolday and DE_stadium maps!

I play as "Pastor of Muppets"

Send me a server IP sometime.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is anybody else playing this?  Wow, has Valve done great things with the game engine.

Yes, I've played it.  I had the beta on my machine.  It is amazing to say the least.  I play Counter-Strike religously.  But after an update, I could no longer play CS:S because it would just lock up 5 seconds after I spawned.  It has now been released as full version to pre-ordering customers via Steam

www.csnation.net/

ETA : forgot to make hot.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]
fy_iceworld addict here.  Love the 20-second rounds and mayhem.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
fy_iceworld addict here.  Love the 20-second rounds and mayhem.

haha, I still have a high hatred for that map for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Isnt it just CS with better graphics and physics?

I will not play if they still have the animation where you pull back on the forward assist when you reload.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I will not play if they still have the animation where you pull back on the forward assist when you reload.

You can download new skins and animations for the weapons. Some I've gotten actually pull back the charging handle.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I've been playing CS since the original beta 1 and frankly, I'm not all that impressed... CS was great for the first few years as a user created freeware mod but now it's being marketed as a stand alone product that has (in part) been under development forever and has big dollar backing... I expected better

yes, people are already cheating... I think I may have made a permanent switch to joint ops

The damned dust cover opens and closes with every shot still and abviously all the models are backwards and instead of being remodeled they simply look retextured... good grief...America's Army had great models how long ago? They looked better and they were accurate....controls and ejection ports on proper side of the weapons, etc. Valve's CS:S couldn't have torn a page out of their modeling playbook? disappointing...if this was a user created freeware mod, this stuff would be excusable but as a stand alone game that costs $$, save your dough.. I had the free HL2 cert so I got CS:S for free... I had much higher hopes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't understand why people are still playing CS.  It has sucked ass for years.  If this update is decent that would be one thing, but it doesn't sound like it.  There are half a dozen better games out there, have been for years...

I'll download it and check it out, I frankly expect it to be a waste of time and will probably end up uninstalling within 15 minutes but you never know...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll download and install it I quess.  Got to find the halflife CD again,..
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#11]
OMG U FUCKING HACK!!!!11!!!!!!!ONEONE!!!!!!!

No thanks.....
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been playing CS since the original beta 1 and frankly, I'm not all that impressed... CS was great for the first few years as a user created freeware mod but now it's being marketed as a stand alone product that has (in part) been under development forever and has big dollar backing... I expected better

yes, people are already cheating... I think I may have made a permanent switch to joint ops

The damned dust cover opens and closes with every shot still and abviously all the models are backwards and instead of being remodeled they simply look retextured... good grief...America's Army had great models how long ago? They looked better and they were accurate....controls and ejection ports on proper side of the weapons, etc. Valve's CS:S couldn't have torn a page out of their modeling playbook? disappointing...if this was a user created freeware mod, this stuff would be excusable but as a stand alone game that costs $$, save your dough.. I had the free HL2 cert so I got CS:S for free... I had much higher hopes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top