Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 4:11:17 PM EDT
WE NEED EVERYONES HELP HERE! IT’S JUST A FEW MINUTES OF YOUR TIME TO CALL 1800-WALMART AND VOICE YOUR OPPINON ABOUT THERE NEW POLICY ON CCW CUSTOMERS. DONT SHOP THERE UNTIL THEY CHANGE THIS POLICY! THE STORE THAT HAS DONE THIS IS STORE #2593 IN LAS VAGES NV. CLICK ON THE LINK FROM THE NV. HOMETOWN PAGE THANKS GUYS!
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=22&t=185759
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless Wal-Mart has had a change in policy, Corporate has said that CCW IS permitted in their stores.  There was some shit about this a couple of years ago on several forums and that was the word from the head office.

Looks like some dumb fuckwit manager not able to figure out that his job is to ENFORCE the policies of the company he works for, not PULL THEM FROM HIS ASS.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless there is a sign, visably posted on the entrance door, to bad, I will continue to carry my weapon in the store.......
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Call the Walmart corporate offices in Little Rock.  I had an assistant manager try this shit several years ago in Savannah and he wound up getting canned by the manager in my presence.

This is NOT corporate policy and the store manager is out of line.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep them no gun signs, will stop the bad guys, and all stores will be safe from guns.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Pfffft..

I've seen motherfuckers open-carrying in dropleg holsters in my Wal-Mart.

Buncha sissies.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#6]
All the ones here allow CCW...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Businesses in PA cant post signs banning CCW....even if they do, they are legally meaningless.
I have never seen a sign of any kind saying I wasnt allowed to carry, however, I do know that there are certain chains that do not allow weapons in their stores....and you know what...I carry anyway.

The absolute worst thing that could happen is, I would be asked to leave..and this of course assumes that someone detects that I am carrying, which would never happen in the first place.

Way I see it, the only way anyone will ever know for certain that I am carrying, is if I had to deploy the weapon....and if I ever do.....my justification for using deadly force should be enough to defend myself against a tresspassing charge.

I will carry any place that legal...and I dont give a shit what some store manager says.
If it aint against the law...I will be armed there.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#9]
If you do it right, no one will know you're carrying

My 0.02

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#10]
What I dont get is that in KS it is legal to carry as long as its visible, but we are one of the last states to still outlaw CCW.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]
"Call the Walmart corporate offices in Little Rock"

They are not in Little Rock, they are in bentonville.  In case someone calls information.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Unless there is a sign, visably posted on the entrance door, to bad, I will continue to carry my weapon in the store.......

I don't even care if there is a sign.  Not illegal in Colorado to ignore the sign plus how would they know?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Guys...you don't need to bring a gun into Walmart...or Toys R Us for that matter...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Corporate policy or not, here in VA the business has to post a prominently visable sign against concealed carry.  Otherwise, you are okay.  They can always ask you to leave.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Guys...you don't need to bring a gun into Walmart...or Toys R Us for that matter...

Damn! You're right.   The "BAD GUYS" don't go to those places.  What the hell were we all thinking?

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn! You're right.   The "BAD GUYS" don't go to those places.  What the hell were we all thinking?

Thank you, finally someone gets it.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

This is NOT corporate policy and the store manager is out of line.

yup
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Its called concealed carry. I carry in Wally World all the time.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#19]
You guys shop at Wal*Mart??
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#21]
1-800-WAL-MART
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

all the time. great deals and cheap ammo!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
What I dont get is that in KS it is legal to carry as long as its visible, but we are one of the last states to still outlaw CCW.

Howdy Neighbor, us too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe you havent seen some of the red necks at wal mart
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Who the hell are YOU to tell anyone what they NEED?

I have a RIGHT to carry a gun openly, and a permit to CCH, and I carry because I feel the NEED to carry, because the police have NO DUTY TO PROTECT ME OR MY FAMILY.

I'm not going to trust ANYONE with my personal security, and avoid going places that try to keep me disarmed.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Who cares?

Are they going to what ... throw you out if you flash your piece (like a stupid fool?)?

That's what I was thinking.  It is concealed after all right?

Do you also stop for the greeter when they want to check your receipt?

No offense, I understand you being upset and all....but my solution to alot of these store policies is that I simply ignore them and do what I want...still within the basic laws of course.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#27]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#28]
You are going to give us an update on the outcome, right?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I love my local Wallyworld. Lots of guns, ammo, and even reloading supplies. My kind of place.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

No offense, I understand you being upset and all....but my solution to alot of these store policies is that I simply ignore them and do what I want...still within the basic laws of course.

SGatr15

For evil to prevail, good men need do nothing. No offense but turning away from the problem will only encourage it to grow, like a cancer.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I live here in the great state of Nevada and I am also a manager for Wal-Mart and know that they have no policy against customers who carry and they don’t let there store managers make any legal decision like this I also know what kind of power this company has with the government we don’t need anyone else giving the liberals ideas. The problem here is this store manager is a liberal from CA. (WHERE WAL-MART NO LONGER SALES FIREARMS) and by Wal-Marts policy has no right to post these sings regardless of Nv. law.
I have called the home office and so have a lot of others I ask that you all do the same. We Nevadans can’t afford any more of these damn liberal Californians coming over here and trying change everything so even if you don’t live here I am sure you have a Wal-Mart near you and what are you going to do when your new store manager is a liberal from Ca. these guys only stay in one store for about 1 to 4 years then the company transfers them out to another store which there is about 3900 in the U.S. right now thanks for the support and help!
1-800-wal-mart
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Are you really that incredibly foolish or are you putting us on?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

That really needs a behind it.

If not, .

Sly
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Unless Wal-Mart enacts a search policy, how in the hell are they going to know you are packing? I say Wal-Mart can KISS MY ASS, and I will continue to exercise my rights. I would love the oppurtunity to challenge this policy in court.
Chuck
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#35]

In Florida you can just ignore the sign. Do it in a local mall and theater all the time. You are only legally bound by what is in the Florida code.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I live here in the great state of Nevada and I am also a manager for Wal-Mart and know that they have no policy against customers who carry and they don’t let there store managers make any legal decision like this I also know what kind of power this company has with the government we don’t need anyone else giving the liberals ideas. The problem here is this store manager is a liberal from CA. (WHERE WAL-MART NO LONGER SALES FIREARMS) and by Wal-Marts policy has no right to post these sings regardless of Nv. law.
I have called the home office and so have a lot of others I ask that you all do the same. We Nevadans can’t afford any more of these damn liberal Californians coming over here and trying change everything so even if you don’t live here I am sure you have a Wal-Mart near you and what are you going to do when your new store manager is a liberal from Ca. these guys only stay in one store for about 1 to 4 years then the company transfers them out to another store which there is about 3900 in the U.S. right now thanks for the support and help!
1-800-wal-mart

I am loss prevetention with walmart and I agree with GUNSAP. there has been no corporate policy change regarding CCW in walmart stores. call home office and get this guy fired!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top