Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 3:09:54 PM EDT
Sorry if this is a Dupe I went back and checked.
I heard this today from Roger Hedgecock who was filling in for Rush Limbaugh.

An Iraqi man was found to have a Computer Disk in his possession detailing the Contingency Plans that our Public Schools have for emergencies.

www.10news.com/news/3774563/detail.html
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
it is a dupe - but bears repeating.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
One more reason to arm and train teachers
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Havent you ever seen a teacher flip out?

I saw my 7th grade math teacher crack they had to cart him off
in cuffs. He slaped a kid and stomped a text book so far down a trash can that
he stomped the botum of it right out. I would hate to think of what he may have
done if was armed
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah Right , How Many SchoolTeachers Do You Think Are Willing To Even Touch A Firearm?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I just wonder how the Liberal Media can explain why this guy was in possession of this disk.
You know Damn Well that the intention is Evil.

Sad thing is I don't even think that a Beslan type Attack would be enough to wake the sheeple up.
I can already hear the Liberal Media and Politicians saying that we deserve it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#6]
they have my sons schools exit plans right on their webpage??? now somehow i find that a bad idea.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#7]
On Fox news last night, some HNIC said there were no intel of direct threats of any kind to schools.
Then today on RUSH I heard about this computer disk.

Later on local news, they said Leander, TX was having a closed-door meeting to discuss
school security. WTF? Seams to me there's some credible intel that some school terrorist
attack is planned.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Yet another reason why my wife and I don't want our children to go to public schools.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#9]
If terrorissts attacked a school, all they would have to do is use some semi-auto military pattern rifles purchased at a gun show in a F2F transaction.

What do YOU think the media would report? Terrorism? Or the need for more gun control?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
it is a dupe - but bears repeating.

Course what isn't a dupe these days...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#11]
So if American schools are attacked where will it happen? In America, we know that much... what are they going to use in addition to home made bombs? guns, right? where do you suppose those will come from? Syria? or Don's guns? I can imagine it now... here's hopin we never live to see anything like that  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#12]
We all know somethings gonna happen on our soil.We just don't know where or when.
Let's face it our Borders are wide open.
There's appeoximately 20 million ( give or take ) Illegal Aliens including Middle Easterners walking around this country.

Yesterday in Michelle Malkin's Column she reported that :
The Feds Have Admitted a connection between a Terrorist who Trained as a Pilot and the
El Salvadorian Gang MS-13 or Mara Salvatrucha who helped to smuggle Arab terrorists across the Mexican Border.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If terrorissts attacked a school, all they would have to do is use some semi-auto military pattern rifles purchased at a gun show in a F2F transaction.

What do YOU think the media would report? Terrorism? Or the need for more gun control?

Yeah and you know Damn Well they'll use it as a pretext to Ban and confiscate firearms.
At least they'll bring the issue up and in the process demonize Gun Owners /Dealers.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#14]
That "from my cold, dead hands" statement may actual have some meaning if that were to happen. Course, I don't think we'd be on the loosing side for some reason. My thoughts at this time are, however, Heaven forbid. That's the last thing I want to see in my lifetime, although it really wouldn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok so now I'm hearing on the Radio this guy was caught with the Disk back in June or July but the Feds didn't consider it any big deal......

Until Beslan.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
How Many SchoolTeachers Do You Think Are Willing To Even Touch A Firearm?

here in ohio many male teachers hunt and shoot. in my smallbore 3-p league there are two teachers and a librarian. btw, i used to teach.

overall, i agree. the percentage would be very small. i think we would be better served if armed guards were on site in the interim...that is, untill all the willing terrorists of the religion of peace are dead and cold in the ground.

Have to agree with Campy; know many teachers that hunt and shoot, they just keep it quiet.  I also taught for five years and had many encounters with teacher about firearms pro and con.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Wouldn't be the 1st time those scumbags attacked children.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah Right , How Many SchoolTeachers Do You Think Are Willing To Even Touch A Firearm?

Don't be so sure  

Nicest thing I can say
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife is an elementary school teacher and is a pretty darn good shot with my Beretta M92F.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Fox is carrying the story now. They are reporting 5 other states besides just the CA school in the original article. TBKMFTCBN are coming to a school near you!

wganz

Terrorist Baby Killer That Cannot Be Named
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't be so sure  

Nicest thing I can say

Turnkey is right, I'd venture to say 95%+ wouldn't touch firearms at all.  The best thing would be to place police or armed gaurds at all schools.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
On Fox news last night, some HNIC said there were no intel of direct threats of any kind to schools.
Then today on RUSH I heard about this computer disk.

Later on local news, they said Leander, TX was having a closed-door meeting to discuss
school security. WTF? Seams to me there's some credible intel that some school terrorist
attack is planned.

I used to date a girl form Leander, wonder whatever happened to her?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Havent you ever seen a teacher flip out?

I saw my 7th grade math teacher crack they had to cart him off
in cuffs. He slaped a kid and stomped a text book so far down a trash can that
he stomped the botum of it right out. I would hate to think of what he may have
done if was armed

I have seen similar, some schools have real nutjobs working at them
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

+1

Also, this is coming to a theater near you sooner than you think..... We must train, remain hyper-vigilant, know the enemy, and stay closer than ever as Americans.

Be Safe my fellow Patriots, and may God continue to bless America.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:38:20 AM EDT
[#27]
well, i KNOW nothing will happen here in jersey. after all, schools are a drug/gun free zones. so all of the schools are safe. and for those nasty m16's, well, in jersey no one is allowed to have them. so, second problem has been solved.

now, as for CCW, we are a may issue not a shal issue state. gee, i feel better already.

the only excitment we have here is the Gov. sticks his.....oh, never mind.......

be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:50:03 AM EDT
[#29]
we had a teacher that had a mental break down when i was a junior in high school. The guy couldnt take dealing with us anymore and he started crying and left never to come back. I really dont give a shit either the school fucked us over when our tech class teacher quite over the summer and they didnt replace him with a qualified individual. So for half the year we did nothing in our class that was getting use ready to go into the computer field.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#30]
teachers with guns?
who says their going to make the right shot and miss your child?

i say no thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Thank goodness they don't let me carry in my school.  I feel so much safer now.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:04:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
teachers with guns?

i say no thanks

You're right, cowering under the bench next to the wall in my classroom and waiting for someone to kick in the door and kill us all is a so much better idea.  

Pleeeeeeezzzzz....pull your head out of ....never mind.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#33]
We lost 3,000 lives to hijacked planes and it's like pulling teeth to let pilots carry.  You think Mrs. Baumgartner from the 2nd grade is going to be allowed?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:48:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:One more reason to arm and train teachers

Some of them go nuts if the wrong kid does the right thing and the kids know it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Speaking from experience.   My girlfriend was unfortunate enough to be raised by two liberal public school teachers.  I'm slowly weening her off of their beliefs they've brainwashed her with.   After the events with the school shooting in Russia, I brought up the point that that easily could happen here.   Her rebuttal was that it could not happen because the public schools are secure.  I say, how so?  She goes on to tell me that during the day all the public schools doors are locked from the outside so that no one can get in,  and that you have to be buzzed in by the secretary.  Then she says that there are usually at least 2 uniformed officers on duty, survellience cameras and other safety things.   WHAT THE FUCK!! YOU STUPID BITCH!!! ARE YOU FUCKING IGNORANT!!!?

She really thinks that since the doors are locked that no one would be able to get in if they wanted to shoot a school up.  Jesus Christ,  I'm sorry but I just about tore her head off and shit down her throat.  Do you really think 2 cops with 6 shooters are going to stop them?  Do you think that they're going to wait to get buzzed in or just shoot the door knob off and be in in 2 seconds.  What good does security cameras do,  just to make sure we get the killers face on tape so we can put them on a wanted list and never find them?   I just have to ask, what have your parents fed you?  They make you believe your safe because there's a lock on the door.  

Sooner or later we WILL be attacked again,  be it 10 terrorists doing random attacks or 1/2 a million taxi drivers rise up and go on a huge spree.  Something WILL happen,  be prepared.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
How Many SchoolTeachers Do You Think Are Willing To Even Touch A Firearm?

here in ohio many male teachers hunt and shoot. in my smallbore 3-p league there are two teachers and a librarian. btw, i used to teach.

overall, i agree. the percentage would be very small. i think we would be better served if armed guards were on site in the interim...that is, untill all the willing terrorists of the religion of peace are dead and cold in the ground.

Yeah, they wouldn't be in the MAJORITY, but I believe enough would be willing to BE armed that there would at least be sufficient numbers in Ohio... other states I couldn't say for certain. At least the school _I_ went to ;) Not just male teachers either.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:25:38 AM EDT
[#37]
I cannot understand How we allow Aliens to purchase firearms in the US. Some Arab tried to purchase an AK in a local gunstore in front of me a while back, The owner would not sell to him without some sort of immigration papers, So he did not get the gun; Thank God
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sister's an English teacher and she's terrified of them.  When I showed her the AR-15 she freaked and left the room.

She's teaching for little rich bitches though, so she doesn't really need it for her school.  The worst thing they come to school with is their nasty attitudes.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
teachers with guns?

i say no thanks

Ot how about one of the students getting ahold of it and going berserk?

Don't get me wrong, I definitely don't want another Columbine, and most kids wouldn't even think of pulling shit like that, but there's always that small percentage who are just dying to take on their school.

It's a tough call.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#40]
The problem with hiring all of that armed security is the fact small towns and school districts can't afford such a venture. And neither can the larger districts really. It's just too expensive and not enough people in the field to guard every school. Plus, it seems they are looking at schools, many of which are in small towns. While armed security in every school would be a better solution than armed teachers with less training and firearms experience, it just isn't practical. And small town police departments don't have the manpower to do the job.

Therefore the only viable solution I see would be arming the teachers and giving them a bit of training. Perhaps even train up some civilian volunteers in the community. And then place a couple of cops in charge of them to supervise. It is far from perfect but the only really practical solution I can think of to get the necessary manpower to make it effective.

It's either that or nothing. I think I'd take armed teachers and administrators (or even civilian volunteers appointed by the school district) to no defense at all. If you have an entire school only guarded by a lone cop or no cops at all, you have no defense.

-CH
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If she could do it legally, my girlfriend, a school psychologist, would.  She isn't even allowed to have a knife in her car out in the parking lot.  As it is, she wouldl have to use her martial arts training.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#42]
This is exactly why parents, teacher, janitors, etc. should be armed.

I think this is post 500 for me. nope 499 oh well I guess it will be my next post.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sister's an English teacher and she's terrified of them.  When I showed her the AR-16 she freaked and left the room.

She's teaching for little rich bitches though, so she doesn't really need it for her school.  The worst thing they come to school with is their nasty attitudes.

What do you expect? They think crooks and terrorists fill out forms at gun stores and stop to be buzzed in at doors.

They is educated, we ain't.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  That has to be the DUMBEST idea I have seen on Arfcom.   We're all pro gun, but that doesn't change the fact that not ALL people need to have a firearm.  A teacher with a weapon engaging targets in a school is a definate NO GO.  I'm sure some could do it, but MOST could not and are not willing to recieve the training necessary nor take it seriously enough to learn it right.  Leave the bad guy takedowns to those who know and want the job.

JMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top