Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2001 3:08:38 PM EDT
I was watching the history channel and a Taco Bell/Tomb Raider commercial came on.  In the the actual movie preview, it shows the big metal ED209 like monster in top of her while she's laying down blasting into his belly two handed style.  In the Taco Bell commercial, they use the same clip but in this one, her hands are empty and they're recoiling with nothing in them.

Honestly now...

Now I'll assume that since most of you could turn on a computer, you have some type of intelligence.  And I'll go even further to assume that since you have some intelligence, you don't eat at Taco Bell anyway, so there's no need for me to tell you not to eat there.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Damnit! First McDonalds, now Taco Bell? Pretty soon, I'm not going to be able to eat at all!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds strange? How did they crop out the guns? Fake hands? One of the coolest parts of that shot is the customized HK USP's blasting away just like the video game.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about their stand on guns, but if farting in someone else's presence is cause for prosecution or discipline like in another current thread, Taco Bell is gonna have some big problems on their hands!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
What, is there no place we can eat now?
And hey, I'll eat where I want - the steak stuff is, er.... was pretty good. Guess I gotta give that stuff up.
Recoil w/o guns? Is it noticeable - to a non-gunner? What did they think we'd see?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Just don't tell me Wendys or Steak n' Shake are anti-gun.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I would have to go amok if Steak & Shake turned anti!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#8]
this might be to much for some of you that actually eat that crap in the first place but here it is ,the area i live in had  2 taco bells till one got visited by the local health dept. now there is 1 probably just a local thing , but when they order an imediate shut down because of human fecal matter in their food it makes you rethink fast food joints,? doesnt IT[puke][puke]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok so I know its OT.....but what the heck is Steak & Shake???

Oh I will have to look for that comercial!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Well it does sound like Taco Bell is trying to be PC. However,more to the point...

[b]I'm Anti Taco Bell[/b]   [puke]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#12]
You guys are missing something.
Taco Barf is owned by PEPSI.
Pepsi contributes to HCI and others.
Pepsi also owns KFC and Pizza Hut.
Steer clear folks
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I dunno...I think it might be a good idea to eat there if they have a good deal.  I cannot believe that KFC was making any money on their $2.99 for 2 pieces and 2 sides they had recently.  Similarly for McDonalds when they have a 2 for $2.22 special.  They lose money on these deals and hope you buy soda or fries to make up for the loss.

When I worked fast food our profit margin was about 4 percent of revenue, and our biggest money-maker was soda pop.

Of course if you really want to piss off a liberal, eat healthy and live to be a 99-year-old gun-owner.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Is Taco Bell on the NRA list?  I haven't heard any anti-gun crapp out of them like I have from Mcdees or Burger King.  I need more info than this thead has offered.  I hope to God it isn't true because I hate hamburgers that I don't make.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ok so I know its OT.....but what the heck is Steak & Shake???

Oh I will have to look for that comercial!
View Quote

You don't have Steak & Shake in the PRK?[>Q]

Hand-made steakburgers and a chocolate shake to die for.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quit talking about this, I'm on a diet.

radioman
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quit talking about this, I'm on a diet.

radioman
View Quote

Making me hungry too!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Rich314, you just gave me new motivation to reduce ny cholesterol.
Thanks,
muzlblast
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Screw Taco Smell. In 1996 I ate at the Taco Smell in Dublin, CA and came down with a case of e-Coli. Woke up in the middle of the night with horrible stomach pain, got up, and fell right over. I passed out as the result of internal blood loss! Woke up a few moments later, went to the hospital, got some major antibiotics, and spent the next week crapping blood out my rear. All for a smelly taco? I don't think so!

They can cram their smelly tacos where the sun don't shine!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just don't tell me Wendys or Steak n' Shake are anti-gun.
View Quote

Isn't Dave Thomas (Wendy's) on the Board of Directors of HCI?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#23]
If it is true, I guess no Pepsi products for me.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Screw Taco Smell. In 1996 I ate at the Taco Smell in Dublin, CA and came down with a case of e-Coli. Woke up in the middle of the night with horrible stomach pain, got up, and fell right over. I passed out as the result of internal blood loss! Woke up a few moments later, went to the hospital, got some major antibiotics, and spent the next week crapping blood out my rear. All for a smelly taco? I don't think so!
View Quote

It was Mad Cow Disese.[puke]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:56:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Well, actually it is my fault they are anti gun.
they turned that way after I threatened to shoot that friggin damn little talking dog!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:35:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Lock&Load:
NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Say it isn't so! I gave up McDonald's over this stuff, but I eat at Taco Bell weekly. In fact, I just finished a meal from there a few minutes ago right here in front of this very computer as I browsed this site. What will I do now????
View Quote

Throw it up NOW!!! Into a bucket and return it 'due to their policy on guns in their commercial'. [puke]

[;)]

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:58:47 AM EDT
[#27]
I saw that Taco Bell commercial yesterday.  And if that were a real situation, Laura Croft would be toast!  

Here's my take on this.  In another commercial, you see her kick at the camera.  I'm sure that Hollywood has to throw their 'exciting hand to hand fight scenes' into the movie.  But, for those who play the actual Tomb Raider game, have you EVER had the option to kick or punch?  I haven't really ever played it much to speak of, but most of what she does is blast away with various firearms!

Oh, just to add, about the commercial this thread is about, it looks pretty stupid with just her fists pointing at a big metal machine creature!!!!  "Stop, or I'll hit you!"
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#28]
FYI Taco Bell has not been owned by Pepsi for over a year, they are owned by a company called Tricon.
I'm sorry but I can't not eat at Taco Bell!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#29]
When they finally take over, the community store will serve:

Pepsi
Taco Bell
Wendys
McDonalds

and the underground will get
Coke
Jack Dannels
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top