Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 10:48:05 AM EDT
i have a person who wants to buy a gun from me, but his area code is 718.  If I ship the gun to a FFL is this legal.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Are their ANY FFL's in NYC?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i have a person who wants to buy a gun from me, but his area code is 718.  If I ship the gun to a FFL is this legal.  

Yes.
Even if he lives in the heart of Times Square.
As long as his FFL is located in New York State, all is legal.
For all you know, the number is a work number.  Or he keeps his guns at his place in the Hamptons, or the catskills....

It's legal.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:17:59 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks
as it turns out he lives out of the city.  I talked with him on the phone and learned a lot about the law in New York.  From what I understand, all guns purchased in the city must be registered with the city.  All citizens must register if they bought outside of the city.  The law in New york regarding "assault weapons" is similar to what just expired for most of the country.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#4]
As long as you send it to an FFL, the FFL won't transfer it to someone if it is against the Law.
If the FFL is outside the city limits, it's perfectly legal for a NYC resident to buy an AW.
What he does with the weapon after he leaves the premises, is his business.
I know many NYC residents who keep Private Storage space outside of the city limits, for just this purpose.

Most importantly, YOU are not in violation of any law, if you sell it to him.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Sure can , no problem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top