Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 10:25:33 AM EDT
Why is this NOT on the front page of EVERY newspaper and the top of EVERY newscast ??
(Hint: Because it proves Bush was RIGHT)

Seventy four freaking stories about how some inspector says there were never any WMD's there since 1991, but barely ANYTHING about SADDAM paying BILLIONS of DOLLARS from the "Oil for Fraud" program to the FRENCH, RUSSIAN, CHINESE *and* top U.N. Officials !!!!

They've NAMED NAMES in all this and it comes from the SAME 1,200 page report that the "no WMD" claims came from !!!

And people don't understand why FRANCE, RUSSIA, CHINA and that crook Annan (and his minions) were AGAINST the USA invading Iraq ??  Give me a BREAK!!!

Here's more:

Associated Press via CNN
www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/06/iraq.wmd.un.vouchers.ap/index.html

Reuters:
news.myway.com/top/article/id/431489|top|10-07-2004::01:46|reuters.html

AP via ABC News (on the page BURIED on their website!)
abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20041007_789.html

MSNBC:(buried)
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6194795/

CBS News (again, buried):
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/21/world/main612996.shtml
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Because it would make our "allies" - France, Germany, Russia - and the UN look bad, of course.

And the media must make only BUSH look bad, since Kerry MUST be elected in order to set things right.

Don't you understand this yet?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#2]
In case you haven't noticed, the only thing they care about is keeping Democrats in control. All potential stories are evaluated based on whether or not they will help keep Democrats in control of every level of Government. There's astoundingly lazy, stupid, and arrogant too.

Let's keep it alive in the Blogosphere and the rest of the Alternative Media!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why is this NOT on the front page of EVERY newspaper and the top of EVERY newscast ??
(Hint: Because it proves Bush was RIGHT)

Seventy four freaking stories about how some inspector says there were never any WMD's there since 1991, but barely ANYTHING about SADDAM paying BILLIONS of DOLLARS from the "Oil for Fraud" program to the FRENCH, RUSSIAN, CHINESE *and* top U.N. Officials !!!!

They've NAMED NAMES in all this and it comes from the SAME 1,200 page report that the "no WMD" claims came from !!!

And people don't understand why FRANCE, RUSSIA, CHINA and that crook Annan (and his minions) were AGAINST the USA invading Iraq ??  Give me a BREAK!!!

Here's more:

Associated Press via CNN
www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/06/iraq.wmd.un.vouchers.ap/index.html

Reuters:
news.myway.com/top/article/id/431489|top|10-07-2004::01:46|reuters.html

AP via ABC News (on the page BURIED on their website!)
abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20041007_789.html

MSNBC:(buried)
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6194795/

CBS News (again, buried):
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/21/world/main612996.shtml

WTF are you talking about that is pretty old shit. See TV news isn't real people need to learn this. Its for entertainment purpose. Not to be taken for truth, I don't give a flying shit what channel they are all bs. Cnn, Msnbc, Fox, Cbs bs bs bs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
WTF are you talking about that is pretty old shit. See TV news isn't real people need to learn this. Its for entertainment purpose. Not to be taken for truth, I don't give a flying shit what channel they are all bs. Cnn, Msnbc, Fox, Cbs bs bs bs.

You're not serious, right?  This is in the SAME 1,200 report that was just released that the news is blabbing all over the place about "No WMD's" ....  (look at the dates on the articles in the links, too).
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Carefull what you say about the UN.  You will be needing their special permission for firearms here shortly.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Carefull what you say about the UN.  You will be needing their special permission for firearms here shortly.

I've already applied for my "U.N. Firearms License".  It allows me to carry my family and friends to the morgue in the event of a SHTF situation ...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Let's hope this helps the movement to get us OUT of the U.N.

--Mike
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#9]
also they weren't supposed to have those scud missiles that they shot @ us early on
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Shouldn't this be FRONT PAGE news
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#11]

I'm thinking it's about to become frontpage news.  I think this will become a topic of discussion in the national media about 5 minutes after tomorrows debate.  Kerry is running around today crying in his fucking milk about coalitions and blaming Bush for not being a good little globalist.  If Bush is smart when Kerry starts running on about this tomorrow he needs to come out with BOTH BARRELS and take Kerry to task on this.  This has major potential for Bush and the Repbublicans.  They need to point out to the nation exactly what the French, the Russians and the Germans were doing, and while at it make the absolute point that the foreign governments supported the scams going on.  

The ball is in Bush's court.  Will he step up and hit a home run with this?????

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm thinking it's about to become frontpage news.  I think this will become a topic of discussion in the national media about 5 minutes after tomorrows debate.  Kerry is running around today crying in his fucking milk about coalitions and blaming Bush for not being a good little globalist.  If Bush is smart when Kerry starts running on about this tomorrow he needs to come out with BOTH BARRELS and take Kerry to task on this.  This has major potential for Bush and the Repbublicans.  They need to point out to the nation exactly what the French, the Russians and the Germans were doing, and while at it make the absolute point that the foreign governments supported the scams going on.  

The ball is in Bush's court.  Will he step up and hit a home run with this?????

Won't have LONG legs - if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Because it would make our "allies" - France, Germany, Russia - and the UN look bad, of course.

And the media must make only BUSH look bad, since Kerry MUST be elected in order to set things right.

Don't you understand this yet?

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#14]
So what! Are you now saying the U.S. went to Iraq and kicked Saddams ass because of  the Oil for Food crap? I thought we went because of the "Imminent Danger of Iraq Using W.M.D.'s that could be launched within a couple of hours". Myself and 300 million other american must have overlooked that one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So what! Are you now saying the U.S. went to Iraq and kicked Saddams ass because of  the Oil for Food crap? I thought we went because of the "Imminent Danger of Iraq Using W.M.D.'s that could be launched within a couple of hours". Myself and 300 million other american must have overlooked that one.

I agree - while this is an interesting story, and certainly shows how weasely the French, Gemans, UN officials, etc are - it doesn't really have much bearing on the fact that we were WRONG about the whole "imminent threat" thing that was the entire justification for the war.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Who the hell said this should be used as justification for going to war?  I didn't.  Nobody else did.  Wait a minute -- YOU did.  

Nobody said what you're arguing against except YOU.

All I said was, this is a story about BILLIONS of dollars being bilked out of the "Oil for Food" program and used by Saddam to pay French, Russian, Chinese and UN officials.

Or are you saying that it's "okay" that THAT happened?  (Again, I'm NOT referring to ANYTHING about the war.  Let's see if you can keep on topic this time around).
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who the hell said this should be used as justification for going to war?  I didn't.  Nobody else did.  Wait a minute -- YOU did.  

Nobody said what you're arguing against except YOU.

All I said was, this is a story about BILLIONS of dollars being bilked out of the "Oil for Food" program and used by Saddam to pay French, Russian, Chinese and UN officials.

Or are you saying that it's "okay" that THAT happened?  (Again, I'm NOT referring to ANYTHING about the war.  Let's see if you can keep on topic this time around).

Maybe people just don't care that much?

Media today are in the ratings game - the show people the news that they think will get ratings, so they can get revenue from advertisers.

If they are not showing a story a lot, it's because they don't believe that the viewing audience is interested in it.

Just my guess.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#19]

So what! Are you now saying the U.S. went to Iraq and kicked Saddams ass because of the Oil for Food crap? I thought we went because of the "Imminent Danger of Iraq Using W.M.D.'s that could be launched within a couple of hours". Myself and 300 million other american must have overlooked that one.

Never said that.  What this DOES go to show is there is a reason that  countries in Paticular FRANCE had a vested interest in not joining with the US when we went to war.  They were being BRIBED and PAYED OFF by Saddam.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#20]
The point is,Who gives a shit? It is a U.N. Issue,Not a U.S. Issue. and as far as who brought it up,The person that started this thread brought it up by using it as a defence for Bush.Besides ,it is old news,Just because some here only read about it today or yesterday doesn't make it any fresher than it was 6 months ago when the story first came out.It didn't mean shit then,and it sure doesn't mean shit now.
And i sure don't believe in attacking a country because it may cook the books for personal gain.If i did,we would need to start right here in our own country first.
If you want to get outraged about something,Be outraged that our troops are not allowed to have all of Iraq as a Free Fire Zone.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Welcome the Media Arm of the DemonCrapic National Committee!!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The point is,Who gives a shit? It is a U.N. Issue,Not a U.S. Issue. and as far as who brought it up,The person that started this thread brought it up by using it as a defence for Bush.Besides ,it is old news,Just because some here only read about it today or yesterday doesn't make it any fresher than it was 6 months ago when the story first came out.It didn't mean shit then,and it sure doesn't mean shit now.
And i sure don't believe in attacking a country because it may cook the books for personal gain.If i did,we would need to start right here in our own country first.
If you want to get outraged about something,Be outraged that our troops are not allowed to have all of Iraq as a Free Fire Zone.

Are you some insurgent terrorist fighting the US troops over in Iraq, or just a friggin' Liberal?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're not serious, right?  This is in the SAME 1,200 report that was just released that the news is blabbing all over the place about "No WMD's" ....  (look at the dates on the articles in the links, too).

Um the TV mostly, but they babble about every fucking thing.
This being the reason I do not watch the tv news for my news.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It is a U.N. Issue,Not a U.S. Issue.

BTW, Genius:  The U.S. is part of the U.N., which MAKES it a US issue.

And when three of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council - not to mention various UN top level officials themselves -  essentially steal billions from the "Oil For Food Fraud" program and then argue AGAINST taking action against an evil dictator who houses terrorists, used WMD's to kill tens of thousands of his own people while ignoring 12+ years /a dozen and a half UN resolutions, it becomes a WORLDWIDE issue.  Vote to take action against an evil dictator and your billions in cashflow stops.   Gee.  I wonder ...

Either you missed something, or perhaps the glare off of that "Kerry/Edwards/Bin Laden/Hussein" sign has temporarily blinded you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top