Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 9:57:34 AM EDT
... as in why isn't it solidly behind Bush?

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Mexicans
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a damn shame.  New Mexico used ot be a very nice place - physically it still is.  I fear it is becoming "New California"  along with a couple of other states.  It's what happens when a place starts to become "trendy", and attractive to the "artsy" types and similar. (Look at Santa Fe).  These new hippies drag down anyplace they go and take over.  I remember (way back in the mists of time, when I was a lad) when California was a VERY different place from what it is today.  The California of only 35-40 years ago, even though the hippies, commies and others wer starting to make noises, could have been a tremendous contrast to the same state of today.  It's called "progress" by some.  I call it devolution.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not behind Bush because a LARGE portion of NM residents are on the dole for welfare and Gov. handouts of free $$. Dummycrats promise to continue and expand the gravy train...... Also the place is suffering from a bad case of Kalifornication .
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mexicans

I lived in ABQ for 7 years... Its the handouts and the liberal views on immigration that make the majority of the population vote Dimocrap (i.e. Mexicanos). Along with the fruity artists and other panzies that live up in Santa fe its a recipe for idiocy.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Injuns
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw an offensive funny-as-hell T-shirt yesterday:

New Mexico
A Lot Cleaner than Old Mexico
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#7]
that place is filling up with Amy Beavers
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#8]

1/3 of my state is on welfare.   This state thinks it's the governments job to give them money.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#9]
It needs an invasion - from the West by Arizona and from the East by Texas. Then the armies of freedom can turn West and liberate California. Please, I'm begging you.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

1/3 of my state is on welfare.   This state thinks it's the governments job to give them money.

Yet the state has no money of its own.  It confiscates it from productive people and presents it as a gift to those who don't want to support themselves.

Picture this.  What if I had a friend named Joe who wasn't motivated to improve his lot in life.  I feel sorry for him, so I walk up to you and under the threat of force rob you of your hard-earned cash.  Then I give it to Joe and tell him there's more where that came from.

You might get annoyed, but Joe will vote for me in the next election.

That's what the .gov does with these entitlement programs.

If I had the power, I'd enact a law that says if you are on the dole you don't get to vote.

Why should people who are not contributing to our nation and society have a say in its policies???
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Mexicans

Balls. It's old retired hippies in their 'art communes', coupled with the Liberal fuckwads from the northern plains states that retire down there (& in Arizona).
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Just to set the record straight, I just returned from NM and admittedly there are quite a few problems there but.......the problems stem from the influx of people from other states that have moved there.

The natives that still live there are over run by the left-wing hippie element that have take up residence and taken control of local government, it is a very sad state of affairs. That is what happens when large numbers of outsiders move into a community/state and take over by right of majority rule, its been happening for 20 years now and the locals have been powerless to stop it because unscrupulous polititians have 'sold out'  and passed the laws that liberals favor.

There is a small ray of hope however, many 'old timers' and natives have not been 'assimilated' into the collective mentality and are voting for Bush. I still think it will end up as a Kerry state but it will be closer than many are predicting.

All of my family (all staunch dems) have told me they are voting for Bush, my sister has a bumper sticker that reads "Anoter NM Democrat for Bush"

It doesen't suprise me that the so called 'tolerant' libs have taken to vanalizing her car because of it. So as I said a small ray of hope.......
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I just returned from Northern NM and it is true about the welfare. I used to take my daily walk through blocks and blocks of welfare apartments. Nice ones while they are new. The people trash them after a few years and get new ones. Long lines for the free cheese. I have a democrat friend up there who is retired, drawing a pension and is on ssi. He is drawing an additonal 1600 for that. All his medical problems are caused by his lifestyle (lifetime obese, heavy drinking and smoking)  Had his street fixed with a federal grant. If you disagree, you are a racist. You can't discuss politics with him without him going off. He may not be typical, but a lot up there are like him.  And yes, he was born and raised there.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mexicans

Balls. It's old retired hippies in their 'art communes', coupled with the Liberal fuckwads from the northern plains states that retire down there (& in Arizona).

This was my first thought as well.  New Mexico is the place where 'artists' gather it seems.  Sante Fe seems to be the Mecca for artistic hippies.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#15]

This was my first thought as well. New Mexico is the place where 'artists' gather it seems. Sante Fe seems to be the Mecca for artistic hippies.

I'm an artist.  I don't live in Santa Fe and will be voting for Bush so I would say your about 95% correct.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#16]
NM will go Bush.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Mexicans and their crappy glass candy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:01:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Let's see. Poor, illiterate, and generally full of assholes. Just like most other places.

Just to set the record straight, I just returned from NM and admittedly there are quite a few problems there but.......the problems stem from the influx of people from other states that have moved there.

Not really.I think people from other states try to make NM better when they see what a dump it is. If it was left up to most natives it wouldn't be much better than Mexico. For the most part we're just lazy and apathetic. This message not brought to you by the New Mexico Board of Tourism.

Mexicans and their crappy glass candy.

That too!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:04:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I saw an offensive funny-as-hell T-shirt yesterday:

New Mexico
A Lot Cleaner than Old Mexico

What's so offensive about that?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:54:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:28:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If I had the power, I'd enact a law that says if you are on the dole you don't get to vote.

Why should people who are not contributing to our nation and society have a say in its policies???

Isn't that what Bush was trying to push home about the voting policies? I've not been able to keep up on news as much as I'd like due to college taking all my time. But from what I understand, wasn't there an issue when Bush had stated there will be strong boundaries as far as who can vote and who cannot?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:50:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't that what Bush was trying to push home about the voting policies? I've not been able to keep up on news as much as I'd like due to college taking all my time. But from what I understand, wasn't there an issue when Bush had stated there will be strong boundaries as far as who can vote and who cannot?

I haven't heard anything on that.  The biggest opposition would come from the liberal defecrats, because they've kept a large part of their constituency on the liberal plantation.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:55:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
... as in why isn't it solidly behind Bush?

Illegal Immigrants and Native Americans who love their .Gov handouts.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:13:59 AM EDT
[#24]
A lot of it is people getting entitlements, and a lot is the fvcking hippies/californians.  To be honest, though, I am surprised by the number of people living in poorer areas who are sporting "Viva Bush" signs.  I think they are the only reason NM has a chance of going Bush.  Of course, the ones I interact with are all ones with jobs...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:19:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I just returned from Northern NM and it is true about the welfare. I used to take my daily walk through blocks and blocks of welfare apartments. Nice ones while they are new. The people trash them after a few years and get new ones. Long lines for the free cheese. I have a democrat friend up there who is retired, drawing a pension and is on ssi. He is drawing an additonal 1600 for that. All his medical problems are caused by his lifestyle (lifetime obese, heavy drinking and smoking)  Had his street fixed with a federal grant. If you disagree, you are a racist. You can't discuss politics with him without him going off. He may not be typical, but a lot up there are like him.  And yes, he was born and raised there.

Put him out of everybodys misery, to include his own.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:25:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Las Cruces has seen enormous growth in the last five years, mostly from California refugees and retirees from the Northern states.  Much of it appears to be moderate to upper middle class housing built around golf courses.  At least there appears to be managed growth, as opposed expansion at any speed that's occuring here in Shit Paso.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#27]
 And yes, he was born and raised there.

Put him out of everybodys misery, to include his own.

Ha Ha, I don't talk about politics to him, but I could not resist sending him this joke:

Jesus and the Democrat

A Republican in a wheelchair entered a restaurant one afternoon and asked the waitress for a cup of coffee.

The Republican looked across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus sitting over there?" The waitress nodded "yes," so the Republican requested that she give Jesus a cup of coffee on him.

The next patron to come in was an Libertarian with a hunched back. He shuffled over to a booth, painfully sat down, and asked the waitress for a cup of hot tea. He also glanced across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus over there?" The waitress nodded, so the Libertarian asked her to give Jesus a cup of hot tea, "My treat."

The third patron to come into the restaurant was a Democrat on crutches. He hobbled over to a booth, sat down and hollered, "Hey there, honey! How's about gettin' me a cold glass of Miller Light!" He, too, looked across the restaurant and asked, "Is that God's boy over there?" The waitress once more nodded, so the Democrat directed her to give Jesus a cold glass of beer. "On my bill," he said.”

As Jesus got up to leave, he passed by the Republican, touched him and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Republican felt the strength come back into his legs, got up, and danced a jig out the door.

Jesus also passed by the Libertarian, touched him and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Libertarian felt his back straightening up, and he raised his hands, praised the Lord and did a series of back flips out the door.

Then Jesus walked towards the Democrat. The Democrat jumped up and yelled, "Don't touch me. . . .  I'm collecting disability!"

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:20:14 AM EDT
[#28]
The gov of NM is a very crooked cronie from the Clinton administration.  My wife's mother lives there and during the last election, she heard all sorts of stories.  For example, an elderly widowed lady told her that when she went in to vote, they crossed her name of the list.  Next to her name was her deceased husband's name....already crossed off!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:34:39 AM EDT
[#29]
I can't believe the elected Bill Richardson as their governor!  He completely fucked up Las Allimos nuclear lab by giving Chinia and NK our nuke secrets.  He is a bumbling fool, but at least he did give that state CCW
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:13:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mexicans

+1

As if the Californicators streaming across the Colorado River weren't bad enough, we've got to deal with the god damned Minnesotans, Cheeseheads, and Canadians too.

I'm telling you; if Arizona didn't melt your face off in the summer, this place would already be as bad as California. Fortunately, the heat tends to kill off the weak and scare the snowbirds away every summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top