Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 6:21:03 AM EDT
Brain matter, blood, guts, torn up bodies, gross stuff galore.   Bodily excrements, you name it.

Not a fun job.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Last time I did it for free.......

Cops never did catch me on that one......

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Last time I did it for free.......

Cops never did catch me on that one......

SGatr15

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:27:52 AM EDT
[#3]
A good pressure washer should work ok
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:29:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Depends on if I get to post pics of the scumbags and what happens to them.  I'd hide the pics of the innocent vics.  But post the hell out of the scum.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Apparently there is a demand for people to do this type of work, and they do make very good money at it.  I think most of them are independent contractors rather than police employees.

It isn't just crime scenes, either.  These people get to clean up after dead bodies are found that have been laying around for a few days/weeks/months.  They have to wear protective suits with air filtration, etc.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been to plenty of crime scenes and autopsies, examined corpses, exhumed at least one putrefied corpse, et c., and it didn't really bother me. Cleaning up, however? No way in hell. It's a really pleasant moment when the ME guys come and haul the body off, and/or when the cleaners come in to get the lay of the land.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:04:01 AM EDT
[#9]
It would depend on if it was my crime scene or someone elses.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#10]
hell, it's just a little decaying matter...The cops/coroners have already lugged out the victims so you don't have to worry about seeing faces....just puddles of goo, maggots, blood and such.  I've changed enough diapers, cleaned enough game and picked up enough dog piles in my time to know that the icky stuff washes off.  Getting used to the smell...that would be the hard part, but for a solid, steady income, I'd do it without complaint.

Note to self:  before retiring from the AF in 2008, check into this!  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I hear those drug lab cleanup guys make a shit load of cash, it wouldn't be nasty as long as you had the proper protective gear.  How can I sign up for that job?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Why would i want to clean up crime scenes for 75K, when i could drill oil wells for 125K?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#14]
a friend of mine is the super of a building, smelly apartment and no answer so he opened the door with the cops there. Dead guy was seriously bloated and stuck to the wood floor.
Coroner came to remove the body and the skin ripped and the guts fell out. Cops and my friend went screaming out of that apt! I couldn't do anything like that
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd do it for 30k.  Not much less though.  I knew a coroner in my Reserve unit that handled alot of Harris County.  I know they used gas masks alot of times to enter the 'areas'.  I imagine the scene is rid of the body prior to you starting work and  with the absence of somebody (corpse) I'm sure I could handle it.  I can handle dead folks as I have before but not daily.  Whats a little blood and meat ?  We eat meat daily.......most of us do anyway......
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#16]
It would take a lot of money to get me to do it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd do it if I was the boss

Seriously, this interests me. I wonder what sort fo job opputunities in Vegas there are in this field?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I know they are having a tough time finding people for the coroner's office and for funeral homes.

Coroner obviously takes some schooling.

But for everyone bitching they can't find a job.........
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#19]
When I was a property manager I saw some pretty nasty stuff, including a putrefied body. Couldn't pay me to do it.

Also, you haven't lived until you've opened a freezer stuffed with meat....in an apartment that has had the electric off for a month.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
While I was in the Army a guy in our company, SPC Dane Maxey, killed himself sitting in the drivers seat of his Astro Van, it was about three NC summer days before he was found, weapon of choice I believe was a shotgun. After the investigation was over, they stored his van in out motorpool until his parents could get to NC to pick up his belongings, about six weeks later. His parents asked our 1SGT if he could have somebody clean the van up, before the picked it up, later that same day teh 1SGT asked me and two other buddies if Maxey had been our friend, we all said that we had always gotten along with him and liked him pretty well, but none of us were all that close to him. We got volunteered to clean the van up. It was disgusting, not a chore I would ever want to do again, and certainlyl not one I would do for a reasonable amount of money. The gore and smell were both pretty bad, but we did our best, I don't think that we were able to really get the smell completely out, we got most of the stains out of the seats and carpet, but the headliner was hopeless, plus it had several BBsized holes, appperantly he used birdshot.

ETA: Once we were done, our 1SGT gave us all a four and a half day weekend and the parents of the guy wrote us a really nice letter thanking us that I will never forget. It reminded me that every soldier is a part of a family, and that no matter how they die, thier parents still love them and will miss them.

Your shirt asked you to clean up a fellow soldier's death scene?  I can't see how that is right in any way, shape or form.  As it reads, I assume you did it for the family... so good for you for helping them out and stepping up to the plate... but damn, your shirt couldn't get someone outside the unit???

NorCal
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top