Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2004 5:50:26 AM EDT
Well do you?

If so, what is so great about her?

I'll start.  My mother raised 10 kids with my dad, all on a AF salary.  She was always there for us kids, was a great cook and fincial advisor.  She supported us kids and was awesome at multi-tasking.

Plus we all made it to adulthood without dying or spending any major time in jail.

SO tell me about your mother......

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#1]
[napoleon]Heck yes![/napoleon]

She taught me to respect myself and others.  She is half the reason I am the man I am today.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:52:13 AM EDT
[#2]
My mother is a saint.

I gave her every grey hair on her head, but she still loves me.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:52:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Best mom ever. Let me make my own decisions and supported me when I fell on my ass. Worked 2 jobs to raise me as a single mother. Always was willing to listen and help out. And taught me early on RESPECT. If she even heard of me talking back, ouch. And if I disrespected a lady? Whoa buddy, look out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
you better fix that G before the spell Nazi's get you, and yes I have a great mother who has worked very hard to raise me
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]
My mother complains all the time about my hobby, but lets me buy more guns anyway
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#6]

You have no idea.  Moms are indeed superheros.

Mine is raising my little brother (~18 year age gap between us) by herself while my father is away for a year, and I worry so much about them being alone (even though I live right down the road)that I lose sleep over it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:55:25 AM EDT
[#7]
My Mom is the greatest.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:55:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You have no idea.  Moms are indeed superheros.

Oh...I have a pretty good idea.......

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:55:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes. She was ALWAYS there for me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Always been there.  Unconditional love.  Taught me well and helped me become a functioning adult with good morals and a good head on my shoulders.

I could not have asked for a better Mother.

Love ya Mom.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Not really.

I like her, and we get along,

but after the divorce she wasn't what I would call a great mother.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#12]
My mother died November 5, 2002 .....

she instilled in me the most valuable characteristic I have. That is to never, ever quit, no matter what.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:01:10 AM EDT
[#13]
My mom was great, she showed partiality towards my brothers and pretty much left me to fend for myself. When I was getting married, instead of helping to plan, like all mothers who care would, she locked herself in the bedroom and eventually ended up in the hospital for depression. When I was 23, mom sprung a sister on the whole family, that no one knew she had. (that would be a daughter for her, sister for me)  Finally a few years back, mom was diagnosed as bipolar (manic depressive).
Looking back, it explains everything and I love her more today then ever. I looked past the faults of her raising me and have formed a very good relationship with her.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:01:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I never really considered how great my Mother was til I lost her and now I'd give anything in the world just to have her back for 5 minutes to tell her how much I did love her and appreciated about her, but I didn't tell her when she was alive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top