Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 11:05:34 PM EDT
I've had it with the typical sources of news. They're all skewed in their own way. CNN & CBS seem to be leaning to the left while ABC is headed right, and if FOX leans any more right it will fall over. I know its hard for most of you to aknowledge a statement like that but its true. I just finished reading a thread here about how much bullshit it was that libs were accusing Bush of having an ear piece and how only libs who do such a thing. About 30 minutes before that I read a thread accusing Kerry of the same thing. I honestly don't trust half you nuts anymore. I mean, it's ok to have a political opinion and hope your candidate wins but I've read so many threads here that are absolutely insane. I've seen people here say that some people (we're talking law abiding citizens here) shouldn't even be allowed to vote just because they want to vote for somone other than Bush. Oh, and before you start calling me a troll from DU or something, I've been reading around these boards for a LONG time, mainly b/c I love ARs but I just wanted to get this off my chest. And just so you know unlike many of you I haven't made up my mind on every topic just b/c of a political allegiance. I'm liberal on somethings and conservative on others. You're fucking dumb if you're just going to say I'm with such and such party and therefore I vote that way. If there is political group I most associate with it is Libertarans. Feel free to comment. I'm sure Sgtar15 has something real intelligent to say/
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]

CNN & CBS seem to be leaning to the left while ABC is headed right, and if FOX leans any more right it will fall over.

CNN & CBS SEEM to be leaning left?!?

Fox about to FALL OVER to the right.

Dude, what color is the sky on YOUR planet, because it sure as hell ain't blue.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Well if you want to keep that AR you better vote Bush.  kerry already started talking about another AWB.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude don't turn on the TV.  And no most of us in here are not fucking dumb.  Your opinion is your opinion.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
boring i'd rather listen to anything Sgtar15 has to say instead
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

CNN & CBS seem to be leaning to the left while ABC is headed right, and if FOX leans any more right it will fall over.

CNN & CBS SEEM to be leaning left?!?

Fox about to FALL OVER to the right.

Dude, what color is the sky on YOUR planet, because it sure as hell ain't blue.

like i said, i don't trust any of them... I try as hard as I possibly can being an 80 hour a week worker to find the truth. I feel they're all wuite biased but I think Mr. Murdoch has found himself a little niche and yes, I think Fox is the most guilty of biased reporting. Either way I don't get my news from any of them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I honestly don't trust half you nuts anymore.

Which means you DO trust the other half of the nuts here?      
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont watch much of any of them.

Fox news is my choice when I do
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I dont watch much of any of them.

Fox news is my choice when I do

+1
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Isnt there a rule about cursing in thread titles?  Or did I imagine that rule?  I know we cant say "Fuck the fucking fucktards, because they fucking fucked up my fucking fuckmobile, now the fucking ladies fucking dont like any-fucking-thing about me without my fucking fuckmobile" and so forth in thread titles.  

Oh, and See BullShit and the Communist News Network are the ones about to fall over, to the left, while Fox is just to the right of center, with hardly a noticeable list.  Get it straight.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#10]
do any of you deny that arfcom is completely one sided? I mean, I like Bush as much as the next guy but I see so much fucking bullshit coming from members here. I see so many posts accusing democratic reps of things that are absolutely insane but when it comes to defending your own politicians you would think they're Jesus Christ. Reasonable are somewhere in the middle. MY OPINION
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#11]
ABC is not at all to the right, watch their evening news it it sky is falling in Iraq everynight when two car bombs go off in the whole country.

Doc I see your point, I don't think Bush is God, but Kerry sure is the devil.

Please show me what accusations there are here against democrats that are considered insane.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Somebody is off his meds tonight...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey Doc, you sure as hell don't know "right" if you think Fox is so far right it's about to fall over.

Try checking this out: The Measure of Media Bias a study conducted by Yale, UCLA and Stanford to measure the media bias. Fox is slightly right, Drudge is damned moderate, and everyone else are pretty damn far to the left.

Now how about you research a little bit before you open your pie hole?

ETA: Have you ever thought that, say, a group of people who generally are all politically aligned might find the same type of news more interesting or important than others, and maybe that accounts for why we have a more one-sided news reporting system here?

If you say "yes" then you don't really have much to gripe about here because the type of news reported should be expected. If you say "no" than you're naive.

Now, until we get the motto "fair and balanced" somewhere around here, I won't be expecting this site to become unbiased in it's reporting, and it shouldn't come to a shock to anyone.

Imagine that - a gun board reports conservative news, and <shock> firearm-related news!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#14]
ok, I didn't mean for this to become an argument about which networks are reporting which way. My initial assumptions on that idea may be wrong. My point is, I'm getting really sick of these extreme right wing conspiracy theories a lot of people here come up with when the next thread I read is some shit you would see in a tabloid about the other side. It's just a bunch of hypocritical bullshit.

PS: expletives aren't aloud in thread topics but are in threads? if so, please explain that logic.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
do any of you deny that arfcom is completely one sided? I mean, I like Bush as much as the next guy but I see so much fucking bullshit coming from members here. I see so many posts accusing democratic reps of things that are absolutely insane but when it comes to defending your own politicians you would think they're Jesus Christ. Reasonable are somewhere in the middle. MY OPINION

Well, lets face it:  The DNC doesn't have many defensible postions in relation to ARFCOM.  This is an internet forum primarily focused on Evil Black Rifles.  And if you havent been paying attention, Democrats do a lot of insane shit.  Are you defending Edwards, Finestein, Kennedy, and Kerry?  Saying they aren't a waste of oxygen is a hard arguement for anyone to buy some days, much less arguements for their policies.  Would you go to a Dodge fourm expecting to hear wonderful things about Ford?  Shit no, of course you wouldnt.  So why come here expecting us to favorably speak of people that want to take our rights away?

And dont think you are alone in thinking that the love for the GOP is taken a little far here.  Being a small 'l' libertarian, I happen to agree that the GOP has a lot of issues.  I am voting straight GOP for state and House/Senate, but my vote for W is less than enthusiastic.  Its his to lose, as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I've had it with the typical sources of news. They're all skewed in their own way. CNN & CBS seem to be leaning to the left while ABC is headed right, and if FOX leans any more right it will fall over. I know its hard for most of you to aknowledge a statement like that but its true. I just finished reading a thread here about how much bullshit it was that libs were accusing Bush of having an ear piece and how only libs who do such a thing. About 30 minutes before that I read a thread accusing Kerry of the same thing. I honestly don't trust half you nuts anymore. I mean, it's ok to have a political opinion and hope your candidate wins but I've read so many threads here that are absolutely insane. I've seen people here say that some people (we're talking law abiding citizens here) shouldn't even be allowed to vote just because they want to vote for somone other than Bush. Oh, and before you start calling me a troll from DU or something, I've been reading around these boards for a LONG time, mainly b/c I love ARs but I just wanted to get this off my chest. And just so you know unlike many of you I haven't made up my mind on every topic just b/c of a political allegiance. I'm liberal on somethings and conservative on others. You're fucking dumb if you're just going to say I'm with such and such party and therefore I vote that way. If there is political group I most associate with it is Libertarans. Feel free to comment. I'm sure Sgtar15 has something real intelligent to say/

Fuck off, child.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

As if you do.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#18]
First, The video shows Kerry pulling something out of his pocket and putting it on the podium.  Yea, it's petty as far as I'm concerned to bitch about it, as it could be his lucky rock, or a snot-rag or even that special can of woop-ass.   It's still against the rules and is cheating.  

Second, the libs accused "President" Bush of having an earpiece because of a rectangular shape under the back of his coat.  This "shape" does not show or prove anything.  It's only an unsubstantiated attack to divert the attention of the video coverage of Kerry cheating.

As far as the media....
Damned... It's hard to say.  Really.  The Left believes the media leans Right.  The Right believes the media leans Left.  I believe the media does what it can to sensationalize everything, to gain readers and market share, and thus money.  The honest truth is a distant, distant second in their priorities.  I try to take both sides of every story before forming an opinion (if it's important).  The truth is usually somewhere in between.

I dislike many things President Bush has done.  Okay, that's not quite accurate.  I dislike a few things President Bush has done, a lot.    I have decided that Kerry is an abomination though.  A treasonous, lieing fraud.  He represents EVERYTHING I hate in politicians.  He represents most things I hate in my fellow man.  He has no credibility with me.

Yes, this place leans far to the right.  DU leans far to the left.  You will run across fanatics in all circles these days.  Gathering behind your chosen political party is like standing behind your favorite sports team for the fanatic.  They don't care who's right or wrong, as long as they win.

Okay.. I've ranted... I've raved.  

I could go on for pages and days.  Truth is... YOU HAVE TO DECIDE FOR YOURSELF.  

Just choose, and quit bitching.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:35:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Please show me what accusations there are here against democrats that are considered insane.

Don't have the link but about 2 weeks ago I read how a certain wellknown member here stated another shouldn't be allowed to vote. just think about that for a second. If our forefathers could hear some shit like that. Yesterday, threads accusing Kerry cheating in the debates and all that (i mean come on, he wouldn't have been able to get a way with it and even if he did it wouldn't have helped him THAT much). Then today a topic about how stupid dems are for saying W had an earpiece. It works both ways. You're fucking ignorant if you think one side is more corrupt than the other. I like Bush so don't say anything about me being some troll trying to start some shit up. I just don't think I could sit down at a dinner table with some members here, listen to what they say, and just crack up laughing (not with them).
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmmm.......

I've been called dumb.  I'M OFFENDED AND APPALLED AT THIS PERSONAL ATTACK!  I DEMAND that this thread be locked immedietly!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:39:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Well, duh, we are gun owners and Kerry does want to take them away.

Another low post troll telling how he doesn't trust us anymore.  Yeah, like you have been around for so long to have reached that conclusion.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:55:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't have the link but about 2 weeks ago I read how a certain wellknown member here stated another shouldn't be allowed to vote. just think about that for a second. If our forefathers could hear some shit like that. Yesterday, threads accusing Kerry cheating in the debates and all that (i mean come on, he wouldn't have been able to get a way with it and even if he did it wouldn't have helped him THAT much). Then today a topic about how stupid dems are for saying W had an earpiece. It works both ways. You're fucking ignorant if you think one side is more corrupt than the other. I like Bush so don't say anything about me being some troll trying to start some shit up. I just don't think I could sit down at a dinner table with some members here, listen to what they say, and just crack up laughing (not with them).

Well Kerry did break the rules did he not? Was it a cheat sheet? maybe, maybe not. If it was so what, Bush beat himself, he was tired and arrived from florida at 9 before the debates. The wire accusation  is so funny because it was so big and obvious that they must have found an old Nixon wire and fixed it up. That's just my opinion don't take a few peoples opinions and make a generalization of the whole site.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:15:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Back to the topic - I agree that every news organization leans. But Fox is the only one leaning to the right.
Although I am conservative I prefer to watch "The News Hour" their coverage is centered better than the others and their bias is obvious when it occurs.

As far as Arfcom goes, There are quite a few here that blindly follow the republican adgenda, Ive said it before, "The democrats aren't the only party tending a flock" but there are others who are well informed and have reservations with the Bush administration , it takes a while to learn who's who around here .

I'm liberal on somethings and conservative on others.

I know what you mean, Its seem that both parties are using the U.S.Constitution as a doormat at their national conventions.

One thing I can agree with almost everyone here on is that there is no way we can allow a left wing extemist into the White House.

You in NOLA or are you in real Louisiana ?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:29:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

frdmftr?

Your opinions themselves, contradict your core arguement.

I am here to hinder your efforts and use one of my many user IDs to counter any truths!

What are your thoughts on psychopolitical influence?

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:31:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Fox News for me...gotta get my daily fix of Laurie Dhue...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:54:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Couldn't resist.

Seriously though, of course there are crack pots here. It would be ignorant for any of us to think that in an online forum of this size there aren't some really mis-guided folks around.
Sure there are hypocrits here. The whole world is becoming infested with them. Why not Arfcom too?

You don't trust the memberships opinions? Good. You shouldn't (except maybe on fire arms). They/We hear and read the same thing you do. Form your own opinion. I think most of us would encourage that. If your opinion differs from other here, you will probably be engaged in some form of argument, but what the hell? If you can't defend your position then maybe you shouldn't be in that position. I rather enjoy the debate most of the time. Doesn't mean I take their opinions as the gospel.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:01:01 AM EDT
[#27]

I think Fox is the most guilty of biased reporting. Either way I don't get my news from any of them.

I find this a bit of laugh considering the Dan Rather debacle.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:08:10 AM EDT
[#28]
NBC runs something everyday that criticizes GW. As does CBS. Don't watch ABC much so I don't know about that network. Neither network runs a news story that harms Kerry in any way.

I don't have cable so I can't comment on CNN. Same with FOX.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:13:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:18:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Oh yeah.  

You're a troll who's in troll denial.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:20:58 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I'm sure Sgtar15 has something real intelligent to say/

Nope.  I can't possible top such a well tought out article as yours.

You are by far the smartest 17 y.o. kid we have ever met on this board

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:21:09 AM EDT
[#32]

and if FOX leans any more right it will fall over.

This is quite incorrect, and it shows a sad ignorance of how the TV News industry has operated for the last half century.

Everyone working at FOX who is over the age of 30 got their start at the other, pro-Socialist networks.  They all come out of the same journalism schools except for some of the editorialists and analysts who come from outside the industry entirely.  They have the same background as those working at other networks.

The REAL difference is Rupert Murdoch, who owns News Corp and the Fox Networks.  He created FNC because he noticed that the other networks were all saying the exact same thing, with varying levels of artistry.  He saw a market vulneratility.

When he created FNC he gave them only ONE marching order DO NOT DO ANYTHING THE OTHER NETWORKS DO.

FNC's reporting is geared to be the exact opposite of ABC/CNN, NBC, and CBS.  What ever they do Fox will do the exact opposite.  And Murdoch is making a killing off of it finanicially.  Its the ONLY news network that is profitable.

And that is what Murdoch inteneded when he created it, to make money.

If the other networks became less pro-socialist and more conservative FNC would become more liberal, because that would be the way they would make money.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:27:20 AM EDT
[#33]
I came here to learn about firearms too.  Unfortunetly there is a lot of political talk now that the next 4 years of all our lives swings in the balance.  I worked for state and federal governments and I only believe one thing, all politicians are crooks.  I simply vote for the lesser of the evils.  I believe many also feel the same.  When it comes to guns, Bush doesn't seam to want to ban any thing, Kerry wants to ban every thing from every one.  Comming from a gun forum who would look like a better candidate?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:34:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
PS: expletives aren't aloud in thread topics but are in threads? if so, please explain that logic.

It dosn't matter if you think that it is logical or not. The admins and mods make the rules on a website owned by someone.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:36:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Holy shit, with almost 105 total posts, I gotta pay attention to this guy.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:46:12 AM EDT
[#36]

It's so that those of us that read the site at work don't have to be afraid to leave a topic list on the screen.  It makes sense.z
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:46:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:50:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

If I were gay, I would demand a public apology.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:58:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, duh, we are gun owners and Kerry does want to take them away.

Another low post troll telling how he doesn't trust us anymore.  Yeah, like you have been around for so long to have reached that conclusion.

Larryg is my hero.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#40]
They are all biased one way or another,  on top of that throw in the inaccuracy of reporting and the thing snowballs into a mess.  This is seen all the way from my local fishwrap to the big three networks.  Of course we lean to the right here.  Because we like to own and shoot guns.

I will tell you this, I can say what I want on this site.  I may get my ass chewed off, I might even be called a troll but if I follow the rules I will not be locked and my post will not be erased.  At du I responded on a  thread and someone allerted on me an my response was erased and I was called among other things a freeper basterd by some bastard that only had four post,  I imagine he was a sleeper from the arfcom. .  But I digress, I dont mind being called a freeper basterd, but my postings should not be erased if they don't break any rules.

I am a republican but I don't vote straight ticket,  however now more than ever I am thinking of doing just that.  Though I don't take the party line hook line and sinker, the fuckin democrats have been hijacked by the socialist.  There is absolutely no fuckin hope for the dems in the short run.

This election has helped me to fully understand that liberal americans are america haters and blame us for the state of the world today.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:11:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
ok, I didn't mean for this to become an argument about which networks are reporting which way. My initial assumptions on that idea may be wrong. My point is, I'm getting really sick of these extreme right wing conspiracy theories a lot of people here come up with when the next thread I read is some shit you would see in a tabloid about the other side. It's just a bunch of hypocritical bullshit.

Don't like it?

THEN GO THE FUCK AWAY. Turn off your computer, go to a different website. Stop reading General Discussion.

Are you one of those twits that bitches about the crap that is shown on television, but sits glued to the screen for hours watching that same crap? It sure sounds like it to me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I came here to learn about firearms too.  Unfortunetly there is a lot of political talk now that the next 4 years of all our lives swings in the balance.  

If you don't like the political discourse, then stay out of GENERAL DISCUSSION.

There are plenty of technical-related sections of this website that have little to no talk of politics at all. Coming here saying you want to learn about firearms and then bitching about the political talk in GD makes you look like a twit.

The solution is simple: if you don't want to participate/see political speech, then stay out of General Discussion and concentrate your perusal of this site to the technically-related sections. At the very least, don't click on the threads that have politcally-related subject titles.

Some of us here enjoy discussing politics and joking about aspects of the process. Just because you and DocBrooks have a problem with this doesn't mean that we should stop.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:18:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
...I like Bush as much as the next guy...

Right, as long as the "next guy" is Michael Moore.  Sell crazy somewhere else troll-boy, we're all stocked up here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top