Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 10:37:15 PM EDT
Good God I hate my neighbors.  No one, in the past year, has come up to my door and said "Hey, your dogs are bothering me."  No one has left a note.  Yet, I have come home to the 2nd or 3rd notice in 6 months about my dogs.  There are over a half-dozen other dogs in my neighborhood, and I have two that stay outside in the morning, when people are at work/school (and I have recieved a notice during this time), and when everyone is gone, usually to work, inbetween 3-11pm (we all work 2nd shift, or parts of it).  Its not even an every day thing that they stay out during these afternoon/night hours.

WTF can I do to get these cowardly bastards to come to me, instead of having some powerless fucktard from the city put a notice on my door saying that "if I dont remedy the problem, legal action can be taken against you."  

GODDAMN I HATE THIS TOWN!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Well are the dogs loud?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Naa, my neighbors dogs bark more than ours.  It's a give and take thing.  Besides, our dogs are usually barking at theirs and theirs at ours.  We could never figure out who was supposed complain about who.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well are the dogs loud?

Not loud enough to be heard in the front of the house, when the TV is on a low volume, or when the dishwasher is running.  

That is what I dont get.  The loudest place they would be is right next to my bedroom window, and that is only in the morning.  I go to the opposite corner, and its difficult to hear them.  I dont get how someone 100yds to 800yds away can be bitching about them.  Are they all Supermen or something?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Nah, probably libs.  You must have a GW sticker on a car and they are messin with you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#6]
My neighbor's dogs are usually inside...unless I am trying to greet someone at the door or taking care of something outside...that's when they let them out to bark...they don't stop barking until I go in or the person who came over comes in the house. I think they let them out because they don't enjoy listening to them bark inside the house.......... .......... ........

Your neighbors should contact you before they send Animal Control...I agree with that.

MT
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Try putting your dogs inside.

People don't listen to my dogs because I keep them inside.

People also don't listen to my stereo, loud ass TV, me reving the car in my driveway, etc. I am considerate. I don't wanna listen to their noise, so they don't have to deal with mine.

People probably feel you are not a reasonable person to deal with because a reasonable person would know better. And that is why they probably call you in all the time. A reasonable person also would have figured it out after the first notice.

Umm, we do.  All our dogs are inside dogs, except when we are not there.  Then one of them is outside, because he is a big puppy and tears up stuff (couch, trashcan, etc).  They are outside during hours that someone would be awake.  

And just what the fuck am I supposed to do about my dogs?  You cant teach them to be quiet.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Nah, probably libs.  You must have a GW sticker on a car and they are messin with you.

No, no GWB sticker.  I really dont want to go there in this thread, but I have lukewarm support for him in the firstplace, and if I was going to put a sticker on my car, which I dont like to do, it would be for our GOP Representative, or Badnarik.

This place is so full of fucking liberals it makes me want to puke.  They havent called this place Fayettenam for nothing, you know.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People also don't listen to my stereo, loud ass TV, me reving the car in my driveway, etc. I am considerate. I don't wanna listen to their noise, so they don't have to deal with mine.

People probably feel you are not a reasonable person to deal with because a reasonable person would know better. And that is why they probably call you in all the time. A reasonable person also would have figured it out after the first notice.

Umm, we do.  All our dogs are inside dogs, except when we are not there.  Then one of them is outside, because he is a big puppy and tears up stuff (couch, trashcan, etc).  They are outside during hours that someone would be awake.  

And just what the fuck am I supposed to do about my dogs?  You cant teach them to be quiet.

you have several options.

a veterinarian can remove the vocal cords of your dog. I think that is a little extreme though.

or you can go to walmart and spend $34 on a bark collar. everytime the dog barks it gets a mild shock from the collar. takes a couple barks for the dog to realize not to bark anymore.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I tried talking to a neighbor about his barking dog once.
I was working the mid-shift, from 11pm-8am, and slept from about 9am-6pm.
He laughed at me and told me that's what dogs do and that I should not be sleeping during the day.

After that, I just called the cops. He finally got the message.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you have several options.

a veterinarian can remove the vocal cords of your dog. I think that is a little extreme though.

or you can go to walmart and spend $34 on a bark collar. everytime the dog barks it gets a mild shock from the collar. takes a couple barks for the dog to realize not to bark anymore.

I think both are really bad ideas. When you have a house dog you probably actually want it to bark on occassion.

Actually, while they are outside, having a bark collar wouldnt be such a bad idea.   Especially on the one that is outside more than the Beagle.  The Beagle is out for an hour or two, baying at the occasional squirrel.  She is older, and doesn't bark as much.  She isn't outside right now, because she is in heat, and the other dog isnt neutered yet.

Step one:  Make sister buy her dog a bark collar.  Its worth a shot, I suppose.

BTW, toys dont interest the dog forever.  I have been told that dogs get some sort of behavioral thing when we are gone for long periods, and they "express" that, sometimes destructively.  *shrug*
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I tried talking to a neighbor about his barking dog once.
I was working the mid-shift, from 11pm-8am, and slept from about 9am-6pm.
He laughed at me and told me that's what dogs do and that I should not be sleeping during the day.

After that, I just called the cops. He finally got the message.

At least you had the decency to go to him first.  These assholes just expect the Animal Patrol to do something.  Its funny, they expect a President to go all out in diplomacy for 20yrs, but locally they take it straight to war, without even firing a shot accross my bow, so to speak.

Hypocritical assholes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#15]
People with barking dogs do not care about the neighbor's welfare most of the time.  Talking to a neighbor about the problem usually is like complaining about a family member.  It gets sensitive.

If people respected others more, their would be less problems.  I made sure my dog was not barking because I did not want to bother others and did not want the dog to be posioned.

Are you expecting a neighbor to come over at night on private property to discuss calmly the noise problem?  Bad move in TX.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#16]
If my neighbors call the cops on me, they better not let me find out which one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't mind a dog that barks

gets over it and is done in a short.

The ones that barks all day ----------- are a real pain, get a bark collar for your dog.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I go out and yell at neighbors dogs.  If I'm working in the yard and they start up and make sure the neighbors can hear me say Ohh great not this shit again.  I can't even enjoy my own fucking yard.  They usually take their untrained beasts inside.  If you want to own a dog, train the fucker...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

gee that is acting like an adult
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Neighbors called me in for washing my car.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#21]
If you don't want to complaints then keep the dogs inside.  If you don't want to keep them inside then get rid of the dogs.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Keyboard commandos, pffft ! ! !
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top