Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2001 10:22:06 AM EDT
Anyone own or look at the new pistol HS 2000 that is made in Croatia. It is a polymer framed pistol taking good elements from a number of other manufacturers.Some of these manufacturers include Glock, Sig,HK,and Colt 1911. To me the gun feels like a light Highpower.My favorite gun store Bernie's Sport Center in Atlanta Georgia has them. I went into the store with a birthday cake for one of my friends that works there yesterday. I was just hanging around talking for about hour with no intention of buying a gun. Although I have been looking for a auto for my sister to carry. I was leaning towards the Glock 19. I wanted something she did not have to fumble around with a safety or decock.Bernie showed me the HS 2000. The HS 2000 looks great in fit and finish,I like the trigger better than a Glock, feels better than a Glock. If it shoots as reliable and accurate as a Glock I would be impressed. I put one on layaway.It comes new for under $400.00 with a lifetime warranty to original owner. I was sold after that. Here is a website to HS. www.hsarms.com/ Phone number to Bernies Sport Center 770-491-9446.I'm going to test it with various ammo and then train my sister to shoot and carry concealed.I will keep the pistol until I feel she is able to use it properly and quickly.

NO SLACK!

Link Posted: 2/10/2001 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Matt, let me know how you like it.  I want to get one, but I was kinda waiting to see if they came out with a .40 S&W version first.

Saleen
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I will email you Saleen with my results and also post my results here on the general forum. I plan on taking about 250 rounds of various ammunition to make sure it functions properly. probably 75 rounds of white box Winchester 115gr fmj, 75 rounds of Fiocchi 115gr fmj,Fiocchi 115gr fmjhp, and last but not least my favorite 75 115gr Hydrashok. I will do some speed shooting and accuracy shooting from 10 yards to 25 yards.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Matt, a friend of mine is the importer of the HS2000. I have had one for quiet some time. The gun works great! He is telling me that they are working on a 40 cal version next. I am looking forward to the compact model. You know you can modify Military Beretta 92 Hi cap mags to work in it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey y'all, Go check out glocktalk.com for their incredibly long thread on this very nice handgun from croatia. Use the beretta mags, and it is supposed to be leagal to alter them, just drill a hole in the body(disclaimer-that's how it was settled THERE! I don't wanna start that argument up 'round HERE). If I hadn't just blown all my cash on a HK USP(gloat!), I'd be next in line for one! [:)]
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Juggernaut I would not consider buying a HK USP blown money. Even though the HS2000 might well be a fine pistol, the HK USP is one of the best around. I always carry a HK USP a will not trade it for anything.I think the  HS 2000 will make a good car pistol or secondary carry pistol. The one I'm buying is for my sister if it passes my tests.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Matt, I also don't consider having just bought a
brand new
preban
fullsize
9mm
Variant 1
Tennifer finished
USP
with two Factory hicaps
And the warranty card
For $650
[:D]
any sort of a waste of money!

Thanks for advising me on the hi-power-USP thread, I sold the antique to my dad, and bought the USP. I've been grinnin' wide enought to split my face all day!

I really do like the HS2000, and I have ten Beretta mags just begging to be used for something besides my Beretta, but that HK barely left enough for my to get my Cavalry Arms lower in a few days.(note: all of the aforementioned gloating should be taken personally by all those unlucky enough not to own a USP, or a Cavalry Arms AR and is intended to make them simply sick with envy) [:)]

I really doubt that the gun will fail on your sister, and in fact I belive that it has the potential to be an excellent "sleeper" gun(really great quality, but not widely hyped). Go try it out though, and let us know how it shoots!

and your slogan can be-

NO JACK! [:D]
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations Juggernaut on your purchase, You'll be happy.[:)] Plus your HiPower is still in your family.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 7:02:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I jusy bought a H&K USP45F....wow...what a great gun!

However, I blew my budget on that gun, and saw the HS2000 a week later in a shop here. Seems to be a rugged, and solid weapon, with good balance.

There was a guy shooting on at the range, and swears by the gun. He was a Glock owner, until the HS2000 came around. He feels it's a better gun for the price ($299 here).

I'm riding the fence on that, as I like Glock too. But the HS2000 would be an excellent backup gun.

It's on my next gun list.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Happy?

Just "happy"?

We're not talkin' happy here, my friend...

This falls under the jurisdiction of "freakin' ecstatic"!
[8)]
The hi power remains in the family, unfortunately under the jurisdiction of a man to whom the words "Modification", "aftermarket" or "custom 'smithing" are dirty words. He even took the slim grips off, and he refuses to let me or anyone else remove the magazine safety. [V]

Oh, well, at least he won't try and depend on his life for it!

What's up with people naming all of these high prices for the HS200? SOG international ( http://www.southernohiogun.com )has 'em for $249! Get yer dealer to order one for you, and then buy it. BTW, I don't work for SOG, or and other gun dealer, just surprised that they showed up for 249. It's next on my list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top