Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 6:15:43 PM EDT
At first I didn't think much of this, seeming to pertain to machine guns and destructive devices. But then I kept readin through the PDF document. Better go read it. It has new requirements for transporting and storage of, besides MGs and DDs, ASSAULT WEAPONS.

For transportation of an AW this includes a locked case BOLTED TO THE FLOOR OF THE VEHICLE.

For storage, all doors - interior and exterior - must be of SOLID CORE, and any sliding glass door and/or windows must have STEEL BARS.

Better go read the PDF and plan to get yourself to the hearing to be heard.

caag.state.ca.us/firearms/regs/dwindx.htm
DANGEROUS WEAPON PERMITS

September 3, 2004

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Department of Justice (DOJ) has released proposed revisions to existing dangerous weapon permit regulations for a 45 day comment period.  This comment period ends at close of business on October 18, 2004.

The DOJ proposes to amend and/or adopt the proposed regulations described below after considering all comments, objections and recommendations regarding the proposed action. DOJ proposes to amend sections 971, 972, 972.1, 972.2, 972.4, 972.5, 972.6, 972.7, 974, 974.1, 975, 975.1, 975.2, 975.3, and 975.5 in Title 11, Division I, Chapter 12.5 of the California Code of Regulations.

PUBLIC HEARING

DOJ will hold a public hearing starting at 10:00 a.m. on October 18, 2004, at the Sacramento Works Mark Sanders Complex at 2901 50th Street, Sacramento, California, 95817. The hearing room is wheelchair accessible. At the hearing, any person may present statements or arguments orally or in writing relevant to the proposed regulatory action described in the Informative Digest. The Department requests but does not require that persons who make oral comments also submit a written copy of their testimony at the hearing.

Link to PDF: caag.state.ca.us/firearms/regs/dwpropregs.pdf
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
No offense but who gives a flying fuck. Its predicted 90% of the assault weapons were never registered in CA so basically people dont give a damn and a new law telling you how to store them isn't going to matter anyways.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No offense but who gives a flying fuck. Its predicted 90% of the assault weapons were never registered in CA so basically people dont give a damn and a new law telling you how to store them isn't going to matter anyways.

FOR THOSE OF US THAT HAVE KIDS AND WANT TO STAY OUT OF JAIL WE DO CARE....I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE MY REGISTERED AW'S GOING TO THE RANGE!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#3]
tyagger
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#4]
how the fuck would u fit a .50 bmg rifle in small car with a bolte ddown case. Thats insane.
Id demand the DOJ provides the casing and hell, the gunsafe to store it with at home.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't think of anything nice to say.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FOR THOSE OF US THAT HAVE KIDS AND WANT TO STAY OUT OF JAIL WE DO CARE....I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE MY REGISTERED AW'S GOING TO THE RANGE!

So when are you people in Kalifornia going to wake the hell up and move to a "FREE" state where you don't have to put up with this shit.  And don't tell me anything about your job or wife or any other bullshit, YOUR FREEDOM is worth more then all of that, isn't it?  Call me crazy but mine is.  What if our Founding Fathers had the same attidude that you guys have, "Well, we can't start a revolution because we've got kids and we don't want to get into trouble with the British."  I wish to hell you people would get a spine and stand up for your Rights for once instead of putting up with crap like this and staying in Kaliforina where your tax dollars just go to feed the beast that's screwing you up the butt with laws like this 24/7/365.   Oh well, it's your life, if you want to put up with it then that's fine, but don't come crying to us when they take all of your fucking guns and make you lick their boots in the process.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Religion of Peace?

Quoted:
I can't think of anything nice to say.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Do what the Minutemen did, become men and stand up for your rights. Wussies.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#9]
The regs apply to "dangerous" weapon permit holders.  Unless you hold an renewable permit to engage in the activities described, it doesn't apply to you.

All it is is an effort to waste more state resources solving problems that don't exist.  Kind of like the joke about  the guy in London wearing a funny hat to keep the tigers away...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#10]

California...wow, am I sure surprised....Californians trying to get their 2nd Amendment right back =

At some point, all you guys will have are rocks, and they'll have to be bolted to the floor of your car to transport them.

And to all you California cops out there, , if you can't support the right of the citizens who pay you, shame on you. You should all be standing up and saything, "THIS IS WRONG". And if you don't, you ARE part of the problem.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Easy to talk big sitting in your comfortable chair at home tough guy. I'd love to see you die in a blaze of glory and leave your wife and kids to fend for themselves.

"From my cold dead hands."

My fucking ass. It's real easy to talk big - lets see some of you put your lives where your big mouths are.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easy to talk big sitting in your comfortable chair at home tough guy. I'd love to see you die in a blaze of glory and leave your wife and kids to fend for themselves.

My fucking ass. It's real easy to talk big - lets see some of you put your lives where your big mouths are.

Dude, I wasn't talking "cold dead hands" , I'm talking "cold dead wallet". Move and stop supporting this corupt system with your tax dollars.  For god sake, no job can be worth your Freedom, move to some place like AZ. where you can have your guns and a good job and be free to live.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can tell you I would not give up my guns or register them because some state government said I had to. My wife understands. When I drive in other states, I am armed. I drove through Ohio, New York, Pa., Md, etc, this summer and I did not give up my 2nd Amendment rights. My rights come from God and not liberal Kalifornia type legislators.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The regs apply to "dangerous" weapon permit holders.  Unless you hold an renewable permit to engage in the activities described, it doesn't apply to you.

With all due respect, I suggest you go back and reread the proposed regulations in their entirety. As Pthfndr pointed out in his original post, the disconcerting thing here is that the CA DOJ wants to put "assault weapons" in the same catagory --- and subject to some of the same regulations, particularly those pertaining to storage and transportation --- as DD, SBS's and SBR's.

To wit:

Article 2. Definitions

971: Definitions of key terms

(i) The term "assault weapons permit" means a permit issued pursuant to Penal Code Section 12286.

(m) The term "dangerous weapons" means [DD, SBS's and SBR's] and assault weapons as defined in Penal Code Section 12276.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#15]
As Weiseguy noted this pertains to holders of Dangerous Weapon Permits. IE licensed to sell/transport/repair MG's/DD's/AW's etc...

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was prepared to do it.  Every minute.  Complete resolve.  Right up until the point where I MOVED TO A FREE STATE.  

Any questions?  

The taste of freedom is so sweet.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I was prepared to do it.  Every minute.  Complete resolve.  Right up until the point where MOVED TO A FREE STATE ran away instead.    

If you guys are so tough, you should move out here and help us fight the good fight.  It's all you guys who ran away that left us a little bit short on votes.  And it's just a little bit, too - perhaps only 5 to 10% of the population.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

All it is is an effort to waste more state resources solving problems that don't exist.  Kind of like the joke about  the guy in London wearing a funny hat to keep the tigers away...

Um, ok. So when someone transporting a CA AW gets stopped for some reason and the officer feels he has a reason to search the vehicle and finds the AW not in a locked case bolted to the floor, do you think he'll say to himself "well hell, this guy doesn't have a permit for assault weapons, he's just a regular joe, I'll let him go on his way". I don't think so. Most LE, while they may be in favor of the public owning firearms, are often the most ignorant of the morass of gun laws - especially in this state. Most of them don't hang out on arfcom. They just read the latest bulletin sent out by the dOJ. The next one of which might say a AW has to be in a locked case bolted to the floor of the vehicle. It will be one of those confiscate the firearm now and let the DA / court decide what to do about it later things.

In addition, the proposed regs will apply to collectors of "dangerous weapons" ( interesting side note. In reading the new proposed regs I found out one can get a permit for them as a Collector as long as you sign a form saying you will not shoot it  ) So say some person (me) gets his car searched on the way to the range, and during the search the officer finds a copy of my BATFE issued C&R license. All he sees is a license to collect firearms. Think it will occur to him/her that my C&R has nothing to do with CA law? No. He/she sees a collector license and my AR not welded to the floor of my car, and since they had a bad morning they confiscate it, etc, etc.

So while the reg may not be supposed to apply to regular owners of registered AWs, it is one that could be. And since it's stupid anyway we should speak out at the public hearings. LE has enough trouble determining what constitutes an AW in this state already, without having to figure out if the driver of car A is transporting his AR legally and the driver of car B isn't.

BTW, your "it doesn't apply to you" statement sounds like what is attributed to hunters - "I don't own an assault weapon so I don't care about a law that bans them". Get the point?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#19]
i think it just gets to a point where CA residents either dont care about the law anymore or move.  I'm moving
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:14:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh Keerist, will you guys reread.  The whole thing applies to commercial permits and  permittees who are selling or trading in a variety of weapons and similar activities.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:02:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Oh Keerist, will you guys reread.  The whole thing applies to commercial permits and  permittees who are selling or trading in a variety of weapons and similar activities.

PaDanby,

You are absolutely correct.  Also, this is not a proposal for new regulation.  It is a modification of regulations that have been in effect for years.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#22]
MOVE
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So when are you people in Kalifornia going to wake the hell up and move to a "FREE" state where you don't have to put up with this shit.  And don't tell me anything about your job or wife or any other bullshit, YOUR FREEDOM is worth more then all of that, isn't it?...

Relax, Frank.  The Caliban can't enforce most of the laws, rule, and regulations it has on the books now.  Most of us here simply ignore the unreasonable shit and go on living our lives.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:11:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was prepared to do it.  Every minute.  Complete resolve.  Right up until the point where MOVED TO A FREE STATE ran away instead.    

If you guys are so tough, you should move out here and help us fight the good fight.  It's all you guys who ran away that left us a little bit short on votes.  And it's just a little bit, too - perhaps only 5 to 10% of the population.

Our forefathers fought and died for our rights. My father and other relatives and friends fought in WW1, WW2, Korea, Nam, Desert Storm and now in Iraq and Afganistan to allow us to have the freedoms we have and to guarantee our rights. I will not disrespect them and give them up like you wussies in Kalifornia and a few other states. Stand up and say no. If there are a million AR15 owners in Kalifornia like is claimed, there is nothing the gov't can do. They will not arrest, assault, or do anything else as you are too many if you stand together instead of bleeting. It will not be necessary to pry if from your cold dead hands if you stand up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#25]
"It doesn't apply to me, it just applies to someone else."

Sounds like:

"The Nazi's arent coming for me, they're just after the Gypsies."

MOVE.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Cute little ad-on laws to lock up gun owners.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:47:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So when are you people in Kalifornia going to wake the hell up and move to a "FREE" state where you don't have to put up with this shit.  And don't tell me anything about your job or wife or any other bullshit, YOUR FREEDOM is worth more then all of that, isn't it?...

Relax, Frank.  The Caliban can't enforce most of the laws, rule, and regulations it has on the books now.  Most of us here simply ignore the unreasonable shit and go on living our lives.

Your attitude is part of the problem. You say relax, when you should be saying it's not right and working towards changing it. You say that California can't enforce the laws, I beg to differ. The difference is, you have courts that would through you away if you got busted. End of story. You are pegged a criminal for doing nothing wrong. If these stupid ass laws are not on the books, you are not a criminal.

At some point, your going on with your lives will bite you in the ass.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:36:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PaDanby,

You are absolutely correct.  Also, this is not a proposal for new regulation.  It is a modification of regulations that have been in effect for years.

I think the part about transporting requirements has been in there since the original draft of 1988
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:24:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand that but while you're ignoring their stupid laws you're also paying in taxes to the State and the State is using that money to screw you even more.  Ya'll need to pull the plug on the "money train" that keeps feeding the beast, then they'll get a clue and stop passing these stupid laws.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#30]
mine fell into a river
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Californistan sucks my asshole. Royaly.

WTF are they thinking???

"Let's take all the guns away, then there will be no more gangbangers and thugs with guns, and then, for those who still have them, shit, lets make em bolt em to the damn floor, that way, the law abiding citizens can't shoot a cop."
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
...I understand that but while you're ignoring their stupid laws you're also paying in taxes to the State and the State is using that money to screw you even more.  Ya'll need to pull the plug on the "money train" that keeps feeding the beast, then they'll get a clue and stop passing these stupid laws.

I sure as hell don't pay the SALES tax on ammunition.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Here's another one for you CA gun owners. Your tax dollars hard at work! You should be proud to have an AG who cares so much for your safety and reducing crime.

www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20041006/news_1n6gunstamp.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top