Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 5:59:52 PM EDT
I finally got around to opening a growing stack of NRA mailings.  This one is dated September 20, 2004.

Here is a quote from the letter asking; yet again, for money.

Unless NRA-PVF can raise additional funds to keep our NRA message on T.V. and radio airwaves in key battleground states across the nation, Senator John Kerry is going to win the presidential election in 43 days!

Come on!  This is stooping kind of low to exaggerate like this.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I finally got around to opening a growing stack of NRA mailings.  This one is dated September 20, 2004.

Unless NRA-PVF can raise additional funds to keep our NRA message on T.V. and radio airwaves in key battleground states across the nation, Senator John Kerry is going to win the presidential election in 43 days!

So you are saying that you know for certain Kerry is going to lose?  What proof do you have?  Also are you saying that if the NRA doesn't do any advertising that Kerry will still lose?  How exactly do you know?  Post your sources please.  BTW, do you have the powerball numbers too?  I could really use 177 million.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]

This is typical of the pan-handling prostitutes at the nra.

They continue to sheer their sheep like jesse jackson does his.

Ask them where their 190 MILLION dollar buget goes every year?  

Ask them if they are going to endorse taft, dewine, ridge, and a long list of other gun-grabbers,,,,, AGAIN.

oops,,,,guess I just blashemed the god almighty nra again.      

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Ask them if they are going to endorse taft, dewine, ridge, and a long list of other gun-grabbers,,,,, AGAIN.

Weren't you one of the people saying "the NRA will sell you out the AWB, don't give them any money"?  The NRA's record speaks for itself.  Why don't you go back to your no-compromise/no-results group to bitch about how effective the NRA is.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

the ONLY reason the AWB wasn't renewed this spring was because of the NRA.
remember that.
Remember Larry Craig?
remember any of that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Some people need that type of jarring in order to open their wallets.

Not everyone is a smart arfcommer.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
They are so ineffective that McCain and Feingold passed their incumbant protection act to silence the NRA.
When the bill died this spring, I became a life member
When the AWB expired the next day I became an endowment member.
Money well spent (my wife begs to differ)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you are saying that you know for certain Kerry is going to lose?  What proof do you have?  Also are you saying that if the NRA doesn't do any advertising that Kerry will still lose?  How exactly do you know?  Post your sources please.  BTW, do you have the powerball numbers too?  I could really use 177 million.

Lets see, 1- no. 2- none, and you?. 3- no, are you saying that he will win? 4- I don't, do you? 5- for what? 6- yes, I'll tell you tomorrow. 7- who couldn't?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#8]

I`ll do my bitching here,,,thank you.

SWire,,,why don`t you read and follow your own by line?

The nra was here when we GOT all this gun control crap.

They just happened to be here when the ban ended.
They really didn`t do much themselves to end it.

And they did ALOT to pass other gun control by endorseing gun-grabbers.

The PEOPLE, buying guns and bitching to their congressmen ended it.

I suppose you give john kerry credit for ending the Vietnam war too?  

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#9]
There's an anti-NRA touter in every thread.

Yeah, let's give up supporting our only lobby.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Palo,

The nra endorses gun-grabbers.

That is a lobby you would be better off without!

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for reminding me to send another $50.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Make no mistake about it, I support the NRA and would never post something like this on a non gun lover board.  I wouldn't be getting these mailers if I didn't belong and occasionaly send donations.  I just wish they wouldn't try to bullshit me like this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I am a NRA member, and I do think their propaganda is rather annoying.

The political issues I can understand. But I just renewed my membership for 3 years. And they send me membership renewal letters every month...

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#14]
It is money well spent.  

I just got back two threaded barrels today, and that would not have happened without the NRA and their scare tactics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top