Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 5:48:42 PM EDT
I have to spend a week in Anaheim before going to Ft. Bliss for predeployment for Iraq.  Can I expect hassles with taking body armor with me while I'm in CA?  I'm a dirtbag contractor, hence, a mere mortal.  I am not a convict of any sort.  IIRC, convicts in CA (rap stars and the like) can't have or wear body armor.
I won't have time to go pick it up between leaving CA and going to TX but I must have it when I get to TX.

Does the type matter?  I'll have two great big heavy chicken plates for it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:15:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you google Find California laws and look in the Penal Code. or on the Attorney General site.  IIRC it's only illegal if you are a felon or wear during the commission of a crime.  shouldn't be too hard to find.

Google works much better if you learn to spell, smart ass.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I did some googling before I posted.  It seemed OK with state law but one never knows with CA.

Apparently I was mistaken thinking that someone else here might have a clear and verifiable answer.

So far the only two things you've contributed are "google" and "smartass".  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:27:41 AM EDT
[#3]
As long as you are not a felon you are cool.......  does not matter what level armor you have....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:37:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Found this.. searched through CA codes but couldn't find it..

www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/1999/Feb-25-Thu-1999/news/10679279.html

Stay safe! and if your flying i'd call the TSA they wouldn't let me bring little pliers on the plane.. they would probably freak out seeing body armor with the ceramic plates..
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:30:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Body armor is fine here as long as you are not a convicted violent felon.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:43:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What if you are a violent felon who hasn't been convicted yet?

Or a convicted felon who hasn't gotten violent yet?

Or a violent person who's been convicted but not of a felony?

Or...? Nah, nevermind.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if you are a violent felon who hasn't been convicted yet?

Or a convicted felon who hasn't gotten violent yet?

Or a violent person who's been convicted but not of a felony?

Then you are okay.  The prohibition only applies to convicted violent felons. Car theives and junkies can still have their body armor. Bank robbers and murderers cant.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool!

Thanks for the info.

I'm taking my body armor in my checked baggage.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Why the hell would anyone other than the police need body armor? Or an assault weapon. Or highly deadly large capacity ammunition "clips." Or a knife lug or a flash silencer? Or a conspicuously extending pistol grippy thingy?

You don't need a shoulder fired rocket launcher to hunt deer (camels maybe, but deer... no).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top