Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 5:41:02 PM EDT
I know there are a lot of flashlight freaks out there, I'm one of them!
I love my Surefire P6 and will be upgrading it with the KLN5 head soon.

But - Have you seen this cheap replacement for the standard PR flange bulb?

I'm going to replace all the PR bulb flashlights in my house with this bulb.

flashlightreviews3.home.att.net/reviews/everled.htm

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=280066

i bought one.    i really like it.

BUT, after much research, and for about the same price as a new 3D maglite, and the bulb, I would get one of these....

Elektro Lumens  Blaster-3P Flashlight

have a good one.

Stainless
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Including the driver circuitry inside the bulb enclosure is a VERY slick idea!

Still, 40 bucks isn't exactly chump-change...And apparently, they've traded off battery life for brightness.

If they offered a $10 version that only consumed 20 mA (and could also be operated as a dim night light whild drawing just a few dozen uA), then I'd be whipping out the credit card.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Including the driver circuitry inside the bulb enclosure is a VERY slick idea!

Still, 40 bucks isn't exactly chump-change...And apparently, they've traded off battery life for brightness.

If they offered a $10 version that only consumed 20 mA (and could also be operated as a dim night light whild drawing just a few dozen uA), then I'd be whipping out the credit card.

Hell, I wouldnt even need the other criteria....  $40 bulb in an $8 to $20 flashlight just doesnt make sense... I'll wait till the prices come down... Heck, LED tail-lights were the BIG thing a few years ago in motorcycles... $80+ per... now the prices are coming down to a more reasonable level.   I'd spend $10 for an LED for a flashlight that was no brighter and consumed the same energy as a standard incandescent bulb in a heart-beat.   Just wait a couple years as more players get into it and competition increases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top