Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 2:52:28 PM EDT
I came up with this today wile eating lunch.

Marines and Coastguard have the most letters from the word SMART
MARineS = 4
coAST GuaRd = 4
ARMy = 3
AiR force = 2
nAvy = 1

It appears the Navy is the dumbest branch. Sorry all the Navy guys

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
What did ya have for lunch
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought you could get into the marines with the lowest asvab?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]
so i guess grunts are smarter than pogues to'

I am the smartest man alive
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Actua;;y the Army will accept down to a 30 with a waiver. Marines will take down to 35 with a waver.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
WTF?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#6]
this subject is already covered here

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=281016
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actua;;y the Army will accept down to a 30 with a waiver. Marines will take down to 35 with a waver.

wow I think you could spell your name wrong and still get a 30.

Personally I dont think the score has that much to do with it. I knew guys who caught on really fast and had crap scores on the asvab.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Everyone knows the smartest people in the military are Air Force enlisted folks.  Who else salutes smartly as the officers fly off to fight!?!

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#9]
This thread needs to be retitled: Why I lost IQ points while surfing AR15.com.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:21:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Things must have changed. I never knew anybody that signed up to live in quonset huts in the tropics but that's where we shelved the Marines. and they always tell us how great the Corps is/was.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:35:10 AM EDT
[#11]
you non-Marines cannot be made to understand. its a culture, an ethos...knowing that i can go 9 for 10 in the black at 500m with a beat up boot camp traning rifle when army doctrine says its worthless past 300m, watching the crowd at the Army enlisted club part like the red sea because 2 lowly LCpls in dress blues walked through the door, and having airforce chicks throw the poon in your face anytime you find yourself in a joint environment. being in charge of a shop as an E5 when the air force shop across the hall has an E8, 2 E7s and half dozen E6s as worker bees.

i grew up in an army family, my brother is career air force and i went to the Marines. all are excellent, but one is a little different, not "better" necessarily....just special.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#12]
A friend of mine is retired Air Force. According to him the AF is the smartest service.

As pointed out to him by a service man from another branch, "You Air Force guys got it right. The enlisted stay back at the bases and the officers go off to war."
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:44:46 AM EDT
[#13]
actually the Army accepts people with the lowest ASVAB scores.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:12:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I came up with this today wile eating lunch.

Marines and Coastguard have the most letters from the word SMART
MARineS = 4
coAST GuaRd = 4
ARMy = 3
AiR force = 2
nAvy = 1

It appears the Navy is the dumbest branch. Sorry all the Navy guys

Well, I guess this scientific analysis settles the question once and for all.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
you non-Marines cannot be made to understand. its a culture, an ethos...knowing that i can go 9 for 10 in the black at 500m with a beat up boot camp traning rifle when army doctrine says its worthless past 300m, watching the crowd at the Army enlisted club part like the red sea because 2 lowly LCpls in dress blues walked through the door, and having airforce chicks throw the poon in your face anytime you find yourself in a joint environment. being in charge of a shop as an E5 when the air force shop across the hall has an E8, 2 E7s and half dozen E6s as worker bees.

i grew up in an army family, my brother is career air force and i went to the Marines. all are excellent, but one is a little different, not "better" necessarily....just special.

Parting the crowd at an Army enlisted club?  Impressive!    
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Parting the crowd at an Army enlisted club?  Impressive!    

When I was with the MArine detachment at Keesler AFB Ms,  I was an e-3 and got saluted by a e-7 in the AF and another time had a 2nd lueitenant get off the sidewalk. I was thinking "WTF?"
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Semper Fi! my brother.  If you haven't been there, you'll never understand!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#18]
M uscles
A re
R equired
I ntelligence
N ot
E xpected

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top