Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 2:45:04 PM EDT
Drunk driver runs a stop sign and hit my wifes cousin broadsided, car spins 5 times ejecting driver and dies at hospital because one of the main arteries in the heart exploded beyond repair about 4 hrs after accident.  drunk driver is an illegal alien with 7 u.s. citizen kids and charged with vehicular man slaughter.  drunk driver does not have license or insurance and was not even his car investigator told mom that he would face 1 year in prison and 5 yrs probation, that is the usual punishment.  local sector of mothers against drunk drivers said they will pay for funeral and attorney fees.  I hope the law would give this guy life.  the kid that died was 19.  sad
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Condolences, and get a rope.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
That's awful.  I'm sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Good God.

nchapa, I have NO idea if that is "Normal" punishment (I really have my doubts bud) but I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss

Drinking and driving and hurting someone should be a 'Slam-Dunk" as far as consequences go but then, I'm an "Extremist".
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I am sorry to hear this.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Invol. manslaughter sounds more like it.....oh, and a free trip back to whatever country he is from (most likely due south of there) ...not that it would be hard for him to get back here and do it again...BUT..thats a whole other thread
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
My condolences go out to you, your wife and the other 1000 family, friends, coworkers, neighboors affected by the killing of your cousin by this one drunk illegal piece of garbage.
Until illegals are removed from our country, this is going to happen more and more.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm sorry to hear that. That is really sad.

Being hit and killed by a D/D is one of my biggest worries as parent. There was another boardmember who lives in FL, his fiancee and kid was killed by a D/D.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:25:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I didnt talk to the guy much, i would just see him on family get togethers but you never realize how bad the problem with drunk drivers is until it hits close to home.  It is especially frightning that a crime like this carries such a light sentence, when its the first offense.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Many have posted here about what a bullshit charge DUI is and how cops are wasting their time with these "non-criminals" when we should be out arresting "real criminals".   Now you know why I do not cut DD's any slack.  I'm not rude or unprofessional with them, but If I have PC for the DUI arrest...they take the ride.  Drunks kill thousands of people every year and hurt many more.  For those of you that think it's not such a big deal to have a couple of drinks and get behind the wheel, maybe this story will help you pull your head out of your rear-end

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Many have posted here about what a bullshit charge DUI is and how cops are wasting their time with these "non-criminals" when we should be out arresting "real criminals".   Now you know why I do not cut DD's any slack.  I'm not rude or unprofessional with them, but If I have PC for the DUI arrest...they take the ride.  Drunks kill thousands of people every year and hurt many more.  For those of you that think it's not such a big deal to have a couple of drinks and get behind the wheel, maybe this story will help you pull your head out of your rear-end

So a small business owner with proper insurance who has three beers at the bar after a hard day working and gets pulled over is exactly the same as a criminal, in the country illegally, without any driver training or license, no insurance, on welfare in-between sometimes working doing roofing and stealing from inside the house they are supposed to be working on, blind drunk as most of them are all the time, blasting through a stop sign, and killing someone?

You sure you want to continue that logic? That's the same logic that the antis use on gun owners.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So a small business owner with proper insurance who has three beers at the bar after a hard day working and gets pulled over is exactly the same as a criminal, in the country illegally, without any driver training or license, no insurance, on welfare in-between sometimes working doing roofing and stealing from inside the house they are supposed to be working on, blind drunk as most of them are all the time, blasting through a stop sign, and killing someone?

You sure you want to continue that logic? That's the same logic that the antis use on gun owners.

Do you really think a grieving family cares wether the guy is legal or illegal?  Responded to a couple DUI homocide wrecks.  I'm going to wager that the family could care less what the guy did for a living.  So yeah, I'll continue with that logic.  Drunks kill people. Period.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and you're the same guy that probably calls cops racists and profilers.  Hmmmmm.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry to hear the news.  Damn crying shame for sure.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drunk is drunk.

Take this somewhere else.

Just had to go through the loss of a friend's 14 year old son after the 16 year old affluent white boy he was driving with crashed the truck he was driving at an unsafe speed.  

Sober.

Regardless, it all sucks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#17]
not going to read everyone's responses, but i will say this:

IF YOU CHOOSE TO DRINK, DON'T FUCKING DRIVE.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#18]
My condolences.  Maybe he'll get on somebody's bad side in prison and get the justice our own courts cant provide.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#19]
First of all, my condolences, that's a terrible tragedy and it's a damn shame that the person who died was completely innocent...

Second:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Many have posted here about what a bullshit charge DUI is and how cops are wasting their time with these "non-criminals" when we should be out arresting "real criminals". Now you know why I do not cut DD's any slack. I'm not rude or unprofessional with them, but If I have PC for the DUI arrest...they take the ride. Drunks kill thousands of people every year and hurt many more. For those of you that think it's not such a big deal to have a couple of drinks and get behind the wheel, maybe this story will help you pull your head out of your rear-end

Do you operate your gun while you are drunk? I sure fucking hope not. Maybe the small business owner should cut his beers down to two. It's not saying he can't drink beer, just that he can't drive while he's drunk, because that puts the rest of us in danger.

Whether you are white, black, Mexican, unemployed, the Governor or an illegal alien, you are putting people at risk by driving drunk. No license, insurance, green card? That's a seperate issue. Shoot him twice.

People who kill somone while driving drunk should be locked up forever. Or better yet, shot repeatedly. It is reckless, irresponsible and just plain stupid. Just like idiots who are dumb with their guns - it gives those of us who are responsible a bad name. Shit, I don't think there is such a thing as justice in a case like this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#20]
First off my condolences. It's truly a shame.

Hell, the illegal should be deported after his time is served, which by the way should be tripled at least.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#21]
My condolences.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#22]
driving after a few beers and driving drunk are two different things..................but this is NOT the place to go into that discussion

nchapa, please express to your wife ARFCOMs condolences, i think it is a safe assumption that everybody here has at one point or another lost somebody close to them and it is never easy.  even moreso when that person is taken at a young age or in a way such as this
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I am very sorry to hear of the loss. The loss of children and young adults is always harder to bear.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry to hear about the loss to your family. I know it freaking sucks that he's getting all of one year in prison for vehicular manslaughter. They need to lock that bastard up and throw away the key.

I know it's not nearly the same thing, but my buddy had his Toyota 4Runner hit by an illegal with no insurance, registration, no nothing. He only had liability insurance, so he was SOL. I don't even know if the lady got deported or not. Her boyfriend was all up in my buddy's face like it was HIS fault though. I'd have beat the fucker's ass, but he had a little more restraint. It's bad enough when an American causes loss of life or property damage, but it pisses me the hell off when it's an illegal alien and the person shouldn't have even been here in the first place (thus avoiding the accident alltogether).
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#25]
My Condolences. R.I.P.

Someone needs to pull an old fashioned lynching on that fucking ILLEGAL ALIEN who does NOT belong in this country. I don't care if Presidnet Bush wants him to stay or not.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Condolences, for sure. The fucker should pay with time...but unfortunately, he won't. I'm voting fior Bush, but this shit should come to a screeching halt...NOW!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Alien: Kali-fornia has done a few things right. CalDMV won't renew your registration if you don't supply proof of insurance, and if you provide false documents and you get caught, your driver's license will be automatically suspended for 1 year.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  I will pray for you and your family.

I know what it feels like to be in your shoes.  My uncle was killed in a head on collision with a drunk driver that crossed over the center line.  This happened a long time ago, but it effects the family till this day.  The anniversay was at the end of September and I drove my mom to the cemetary so that she could visit her brother's grave.

There is no fine or jail term that will bring my uncle back.  

I hope that the man that took out your cousin will get a lengthy jail term, and better yet, I hope he has a good explanation to tell his Maker.

We all have a choice.  Driving under the influence is an unacceptable choice.  It is worth a few extra bucks to take a taxi when you have been drinking.  Don't drink and drive!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#29]
We had a DWI fatality yesterday and today.  I notice you are from Texas, was either the one?

Keep an eye on the family. Sometimes emotional reactions can be delayed,  then pop up a month later or around the holidays.  Some family will not get over this for years.  

Unfortunately,  It's illegal to take drunk drivers over to the side of the road and shoot them in the back of the head. MADD tried to push for stiffer penalties in case of a death,  but they didn't get far.  Budweiser apparently gives more money than they do.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#30]
This country lost alot when we stopped the public hanging of sumbags like that.  Not only do I feel for your family, but I also feel for this shithead's children.  Too bad they have to live with the bastard.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Good God.

nchapa, I have NO idea if that is "Normal" punishment (I really have my doubts bud) but I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss

Drinking and driving and hurting someone should be a 'Slam-Dunk" as far as consequences go but then, I'm an "Extremist".

I am too Treadhead, 1776 was arguing with me for hours a few weeks ago about what the reasonable punishment for a DD that killed someone.  I said they gave up their right to live, he disagreed.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
not going to read everyone's responses, but i will say this:

IF YOU CHOOSE TO DRINK, DON'T FUCKING DRIVE.

this needs to be said twice.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
We had a DWI fatality yesterday and today.  I notice you are from Texas, was either the one?

Keep an eye on the family. Sometimes emotional reactions can be delayed,  then pop up a month later or around the holidays.  Some family will not get over this for years.  

Unfortunately,  It's illegal to take drunk drivers over to the side of the road and shoot them in the back of the head. MADD tried to push for stiffer penalties in case of a death,  but they didn't get far.  Budweiser apparently gives more money than they do.  

this happened on oct. 2nd
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:35:51 AM EDT
[#34]
ONE FUCKING YEAR????? For driving drunk and murdering someone????That's just wrong. Plain and simply wrong. They should imprison for 20 years then deport the drunk back to whatever third world cesspool he belongs in.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:41:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
ONE FUCKING YEAR????? For driving drunk and murdering someone????That's just wrong. Plain and simply wrong. They should imprison for 20 years then deport the drunk back to whatever third world cesspool he belongs in.

no....wrong answer...I am not paying for this garbage asshole to sit in OUR prison for 20 years...bullets are cheap.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no....wrong answer...I am not paying for this garbage asshole to sit in OUR prison for 20 years...bullets are cheap.

baseball bat already paid for is cheaper, then feed the hogs.
some people don't deserve to live..

My condolences on the loss.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#37]
You have my sincerest condolences.

Illegal alien, no insurance, assload of kids, little jail-time....fucking BS.  It would be hard not to take the eye-for-an-eye road in this situation, I'd imagine.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Very, very sorry to hear.  Prayers inbound for family.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#39]
I am so sorry for your family.  Similar thing happened to my sisters.  Some drunk illegals hit them head-on in an intersection.  Fortunately my sisters were driving a large Dodge van and walked away with little more than cuts and bruises.

This scum should get at least 20 years in prison with no tv, newspapers, radio, etc.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#40]
I am so sorry. Drunk drivers make me ill. God bless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top