Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 2:43:37 PM EDT
And The Three Stooges at that!

www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004461755,00.html

Somebody coil a doctor!

By JOHN TROUP

SORE Shelly Neale was rescued by firemen after her buttock got impaled on a BED SPRING.

The mum, 24, spent three hours in agony after the six-inch coil speared her as she wriggled to get comfy.

Her son Ewen, three, heard her cries in the night — but took an HOUR to find her mobile phone. She discovered the battery was flat and he then had to hunt for a charger.

Shelly finally summoned her dad Stephen, 15 miles away. But the spring had twisted through her left cheek and out again.

He couldn’t free his 12½st daughter and rang paramedics. They in turn called firemen, who spent half an hour prising her off at Outwell, Norfolk.

Shelly said: “I only had my white nightie on and it was a bit embarrassing. I just had to grin and bear it.”

She added: “I was in excruciating pain but didn’t want to alarm Ewen. I knew my mobile was on the desk downstairs but Ewen couldn’t find it at first.

“Instead he came up and gave me a glass of water and said, ‘Here you are mummy — this will make you feel better’.”

Shelly, who did not need hospital treatment, went on: “I felt a real fool with all the fuss I caused. I was helpless with one fireman holding my legs and another’s hands under my arms.

“When they lifted me I got a shooting pain. But once that stopped I felt even more stupid. Everyone took the mickey.”
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top