Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 9:54:26 AM EDT
I heard and read that Airbus and the EU are being investigated by the WTO on how they sell aircraft. Honestly, its criminal. The french goverment and other EU contries give Airbus soo much money that they can undercut Boeing by 1/3 on the price of airliners. That is millions of dollars. I think its the most BLANTANT anti-american activity going on by the EU. To top it off, I think Airbus airliners are dangerous. The numerous hard limitations, and completly overwhelming automation system leaves pilots out of the loop. A pilot should control the amount of automation he wants, not how much input he can give the computer. Fuck scarebus, and france.

rant off.....  Support Boeing and Airlines that dont buy them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I will not fly on a crashbus.  Too many damn things wrong with those planes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#3]
See, free trade IS worth something... If the Euros are forced to give up subsidies, it will be a boon for any US industry competing with them, as the costs of unsubsidized business in the EU are so much higher than the USA...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Where's that guy that was complaining about the US Gov't trying to help Boeing?  I didn't think he'd show back up.........
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#5]
This is the problem with the EU. Europe is no longer trying to help itself, they are trying to hurt america.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I think Airbus makes some decent planes but they could not survive without huge EU subsides.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Exactly. The only reason they do well is the fact they undercut boeing's prices by about 1/3. Its a huge conspiracy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Um, Boeing is one of the most heavily government subsidized companies on the planet.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Um, Boeing is one of the most heavily government subsidized companies on the planet.

There is a huge difference btw american subsidized, and airbus which is subsidized by many many many countries.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a huge difference btw american subsidized, and airbus which is subsidized by many many many countries.

Why?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#11]
government contracts != subsidization.

Yeah, boeing gets a lot of tax breaks, but .gov doesn't hand them a multi-billion-dollar check for the sole purpose of undercutting its competitors like the EU does for airbus
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top