Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2001 12:23:06 PM EDT
What the fuck is up with that piece of shit computer!  Cant they keep it running for even a month without it going tits up?  Why the fuck dont they spend some money on IT for petes sake.

I had my lower IN MY HANDS not and hour ago, filled out the papers AND HAD TO LEAVE IT AND GO HOME!  Becuase they couldnt get me cleared!  Its been down all morning and they cant say when its going to be back up.  This is frustraiting as hell!![pissed][heavy]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
NCIC or NICS?

They don't have to improve their technology damn it !

It is generally "shut down" for a reason:

To let us know that "they" can control our gun purchases.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
personally, I'm hoping for a system wide crash that will wipe out the illegal database they are currently maintaining.

Fricks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]
In Nevada, with a CCW, we don't even have to wait for a computer to tell us we are clean.
Jealous, anyone?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]
There has been a major phone line failure that has caused a lot of hassle.  This may be part of that.  My business has had a lot of problems today with everything data line related.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
but they wont be down much past tommorrow, ahter three days you can take it home anyway, but that wont happen..
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In Nevada, with a CCW, we don't even have to wait for a computer to tell us we are clean.
Jealous, anyone?
View Quote

Guess what? In down state NY it is the same way! I can't believe it I lucked out in something with guns in this anti gun state.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Jealous, anyone?
View Quote

Same for us CCW Texans.. Pick out what ya want.. show ID and CCW... pays your money and out the door you go with it in hand...

Rick

Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I know, I know, I could have gotten the CCW first, but I put it off to have funds to buy this AR. [pissed]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#9]
My CCW has paid for itself in waived Brady fees.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Jealous, anyone?
View Quote

Same thing here in Washington. Cash,CCW, walk out the door. But Anyone with this older CCW loses cash and carry when they renew. Mine's up next year. [:(!]

CS

(edited for spelling [:)] )
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Well the system isn't down its busy burning them CD's with all that no good info they gathered on us. But they will delete it from the hard drive ya know.

Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What the fuck is up with that piece of shit computer!  Cant they keep it running for even a month without it going tits up?  Why the fuck dont they spend some money on IT for petes sake.

I had my lower IN MY HANDS not and hour ago, filled out the papers AND HAD TO LEAVE IT AND GO HOME!  Becuase they couldnt get me cleared!  Its been down all morning and they cant say when its going to be back up.  This is frustraiting as hell!![pissed][heavy]
View Quote

Don't forget thank all your liberal friends.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Phil in Seattle:
Even after you renew and you get your new white CPL you will still get to NICS, cash, and carry for your handgun purcahses.  No 5 business day wait for CPL holders.
View Quote

I've got a white CPL and I am not subjected to NICS. I think it just depends on when it was issued. It seems like I also recall having heard that they were just going to exempt all CPL holders from the NICS. Whether or not that ever came to pass, I do not know. Given the makeup of our current state government, anything pro-gun would surprise me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#16]
The system came back on at 2:15 this afternoon so a ran back down and got it- And MY AR IS NOW COMPLETE!!!!

I took two pictures but my hands were so sore from fighting those damn springs to get the hammer and trigger groups in that they came out as blurs! I'll try again in a few hours [beer][bounce]

Now all I need is for UPS to cough up my ammo!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top