Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 5:57:44 AM EDT
Employees urged to support homosexual agenda

Bank directs workers to display rainbow triangle to combat 'homophobia'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: October 6, 2004
5:00 p.m. Eastern

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com
The largest bank in Canada has directed its employees to "be supportive" of "gay, lesbian and bisexual issues" and to show that support by displaying the homosexual movement's rainbow triangle symbol in the workplace.

The Royal Bank of Canada made the statements in the first edition of a new newsletter called "Rainbow Space." [.pdf version] The publication is meant to highlight "the importance of sexual preference as one of RBC's primary diversity elements." In making the appeal to its employees, the bank urged them to display a rainbow-colored triangle sticker on their "desk, cubicle or office."

"Voluntarily displaying this sticker shows gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered co-workers that they can feel safe with you, and shows unsupportive co-workers that you won't tolerate homophobia," states the newsletter.

The Canada Family Action Coalition characterized the directive as "discrimination and intolerance."

Said a statement from the organization: "With this campaign the Royal Bank of Canada is wandering from its core business of banking and entering into the field of propagating misguided morality."

Support of the homosexual agenda is not new for the Royal Bank of Canada. It raised eyebrows in 1999 when it first sponsored the Toronto Gay Pride Parade.

The newsletter reportedly has gone to just 2,000 or the bank's 60,000 employees, but plans are for the publication to get wider distribution. The bank has 2,100 locations in Canada, the United States and 28 other countries.

"If unchallenged, this militant campaign will spread from corporation to corporation – including Canada's largest employer, the government," Canada Family Action Coalition predicts. "It is conceivable that within a few months you will not be hired by corporate Canada or given a promotion unless you are 'supportive' of homosexual, lesbian and bisexual issues."

Canada Family Action Coalition has launched a boycott of Royal Bank, asking its supporters to close both their personal and business accounts.

In the controversial newsletter, the bank assures readers of its intent:

"This is not about changing people's values or beliefs – it's about living our RBC values by ensuring all employees and clients feel welcome, visible and inclusive."

The newsletters uses the disputed claim that "10 percent of the population, including within RBC's employees, is gay or lesbian," warning against "homophobic comments or jokes. These are harmful and don't belong in the workplace. Let co-workers know that you find them offensive."

Continues the company's directive to employees: "Use inclusive language. Instead of asking if a co-worker is married, ask if they're in a relationship. Terms such as 'significant other' and 'partner' are more inclusive than 'girlfriend' or 'spouse.' Treat the subject positively. When gay, lesbian, and bisexual issues are discussed, make it clear that you are supportive of all aspects of diversity."

The newsletter features a glossary of terms that includes:

"Two-spirited – An aboriginal term used to describe people who embody both the male and female spirit. Many lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered aboriginal people are reclaiming this term," and "Homophobia – Irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuals."

Charles McVety is president of Canada Christian College and head of Canada Family Action Coalition.

"Pressuring workers to display any sign that declares their personal position on homosexual behavior is a fundamental and unprovoked attack on their freedom of religion, conscience and speech," said McVety in a statement on the group's website.

McVety challenged the bank to provide evidence of discrimination against homosexuals by bank employees, saying, "I am not aware of a single instance where a Christian employee of the Royal Bank has refused to serve a customer because of his or her sexual preference. Nor am I aware of a Christian co-worker refusing to work with someone of a different sexual orientation."

Said Brian Rushfeldt, executive director of Canada Family Action Coalition: "This is religious intolerance of the worst kind. It targets and profiles employees of faith. It's a bit like the Inquisition, only this time the Inquisitors are the high priests of a secular orthodoxy that refuses to respect the rights of people of traditional faith to live their lives in peace according to the tenets of their own religious code."

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:59:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Fucking Canada.  Does anyone pay attention to them anymore?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell. Handbasket.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#3]
It's all about generating business.  I don't care if your a gay goat herder with a wooden leg.  Somebody wants your business and doesn't care what you do in your personal life.

If the perception is that this bank is "Gay Friendly" then it stands to reason that they may get more business.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:02:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If the perception is that this bank is "Gay Friendly" then it stands to reason that they may get more business.

Are you SURE about this?   I think it could cost them business as well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:03:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd call my attorney STAT.
Its fine if my employer wants to support an agenda. Soon as they try to get me to support it, we've got a problem.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you SURE about this?   I think it could cost them business as well.

+1

I think they need to be urged to display stickers of the Playboy Bunny too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:21:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hell. Handbasket.

Rapidly descending, as in free-falling!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:22:43 AM EDT
[#8]
This thread is gay......
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:23:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Its none of my buisness what someone does in there time, but trying to make me do something I do not support then yeah, its on like donkey kong.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:26:49 AM EDT
[#10]
canada is a joke if they put up with this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#11]
If I walked into that bank with my dick in my hand and claimed I was ghey, would they arrest me or praise me?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn homo's.....
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's all about generating business.  I don't care if your a gay goat herder with a wooden leg.  Somebody wants your business and doesn't care what you do in your personal life.

If that were %100 true there wouldn't be any businesses with "No Guns" signs in the windows, now would there?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:41:33 AM EDT
[#14]
there goes the neighborhood
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Not sure about Canada's laws, but if my employer sends me a sticker, while I am on the clock, and asks me to affix it to the company-owned wall, again while on the clock, I will view it like any other task.  I don't care if it is a triangle or an "I like pie" sticker - they're paying me to put it up, so I will. If I don't like it, I can always go work somewhere else. (or I guess I could whine about it on the internet! )

Having worked for several large corporations, I know that there is no limit to stupidity doled out by human resources departments and other "feel good" departments whose entire purpose seems to be to justify their own existence. I just laugh about it and it rolls off my back like water off a duck.

It also occurs to me that this is the sort of thing that tends to happen after some sort of legal settlement...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#16]
What does sexual preference have to do with banking?!?!?!

This is what pisses me off about the homosexual agenda, they push it in the wrong places.  Ummm wait, I mean they try to push their agenda in all parts of society, not just areas that have anything to do with their sexual preferences.

How could a bank employee possibly know to be homophobic, unless the guy is coming in wearing a gay pride sweater.  Just stupid.  I guess they'll soon be gay autoservice businesses, gay McDonalds, and you'll have to see the ranbow triangles at your local gun dealer, too.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:08:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What does sexual preference have to do with banking?!?!?!

This is what pisses me off about the homosexual agenda, they push it in the wrong places.  Ummm wait, I mean they try to push their agenda in all parts of society, not just areas that have anything to do with their sexual preferences.

How could a bank employee possibly know to be homophobic, unless the guy is coming in wearing a gay pride sweater.  Just stupid.  I guess they'll soon be gay autoservice businesses, gay McDonalds, and you'll have to see the ranbow triangles at your local gun dealer, too.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'd call my attorney STAT.
Its fine if my employer wants to support an agenda. Soon as they try to get me to support it, we've got a problem.

My father was fired for refusing to bow to the Queer Rainbow! He lost in the 9th circuit court. The SCOTUS already decided that business over 600 employees had to follow their own employee guidelines and my father's former employer didn't. 19 year with the company up the spout! Damn the homosexual movement! It will destroy us. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:21:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Screw Canada!

Out of 33 million people, how many are gay?

CRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top