Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 2:17:27 AM EDT
This morning the NBC news reported that Arab militias continued to slaughter Sudanese refugees, burn their villages and rape their women.  I guess it's time for Kofi to issue another stern rebuke.
That should stop them.

"Hey you!  You with the rifle getting ready to shoot that child!  You can't do that now.  Kofi Annan has issued a stern rebuke!"

"Oh...well then I guess I'd better go home.  Sorry."  Drops rifle and walks away, head hung low.

When are we finally going to get out of that useless organization.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, let's take a look at the list of successful UN military missions...

[crickets]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:53:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The UN won't get involved because the people being killed are very poor and don't have anything worth stealing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:57:09 AM EDT
[#3]

The only way they will get involved is if we offer to help, so they can critisize us for not doing enough, or overstepping our bounds - one or the other.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top