Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 9:49:27 PM EDT
Does anyone know what the the nationwide popular view on Illegal Immigration?
Everyone I know (excpet 1 dumbass) hates it and thinks we need to put some strong measures against it.

I never hear of anywhere saying XX% of population supports more border security.

It seems if it was popular someone or some major party would go after the problem, and if alot of people want it stopped why is nearly everyone not doing anything?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say the people in the south have a much stronger opinion.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like no one is ever gonna bring it up!!!
I think its a crock to allow amnesty for illegal activity.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard figures of 65% to 80% of folks are against it, depending on how far away from the border they live.  Unfortunately, the politicians avoid the issue like the plague because they are too busy pandering for the hispanic vote.  Pisses me right the fuck off!  Amnesty, my ass.  Deport the bastards and militarize the border.  This is one place where Bush makes me sick.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It would be SUCH a winning issue for whomever goes after it.  Why the hell won't either party?

It would send alot of my support to whoever was behind it.

Probaly even more in border states
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, the politicians avoid the issue like the plague because they are too busy pandering for the hispanic vote.

Hispanics who are legally registered to vote also oppose illegal immigration.  The politicians are pandering for the service industry when they fail to take on illegal immigration. Landscapers, nanny's, janitors, housekeeping and kitchen staff, ect...

Big business likes it's cheap (illegal) labor. Businessess donate plenty of money to candidates on both sides to make sure real immigration reform is never passed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top