Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 6:52:42 PM EDT
Protestors Ransack Bush/Cheney Headquarters In Orlando
2 People Receive Minor Injuries During Protest

POSTED: 6:05 pm EDT October 5, 2004
UPDATED: 9:10 pm EDT October 5, 2004
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A group of protestors stormed and then ransacked a Bush-Cheney headquarters building in Orlando, Fla., Tuesday, according to Local 6 News.

reported that several people from the group of 100 Orlando protestors face possible assault charges after the group forced their way inside the Republican headquarters office.

While in the building, some of the protestors drew horns and a mustache on a poster of President George W. Bush and poured piles of letters in the office, according to the report.

"We told them to leave, they broke the law," Republican headquarters volunteer Mike Broom said.

Two protestors received minor injuries when the crowd stormed the building, including a Republican volunteer.

One of the protestors said she wanted to send a message.

"We want to send a clear message to Bush, we want him to take his hands off our overtime pay," protestor Esmeralda Heuilar said.

Local 6 News learned that most of the protestors were from the AFL-CIO and were taking part in one of 20 other coordinated protests around the country.

A spokesperson with the AFL-CIO told Local 6 News that the Orlando protest did not go as planned.

A protest similar to Orlando's demonstration was held at a Bush-Cheney office in Miami at the same approximate time, Local 6 News reported.

www.local6.com/politics/3785861/detail.html
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Leave it to the Unions to make a statement by destroying other people's property. Too bad a dozen burly men weren't working in the office at the time....armed with baseball bats and pepper spray.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like  a case for bean bag rounds.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
ARGH! ARGH! ARGH!  

Maybe it's time some of us "Right Wing Nut Jobs" grab our rifles and protect these places.

Frickin Vandals!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like  a case for bean bag rounds.
CRC

Bean bags and OC
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Fucking union thug ass holes!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#7]
said it before, and i'll say it again, this is a new era of politics we are entering, it's nothing short of political war.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I just remebered Cabelas sells Sellier Beloit rubber buckshot.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I think this is serious foreshadowing of what will happen if Bush wins a second term.
Luckily the Republicans have the guns. Some of the left leaning radicals I was talking to this weekend think that American democracy was overthrown in 2000.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#11]
They are truly beginning to lose it.

While I enjoy seeing the crackup, it portends very ugly days ahead if (when) W wins the election. These people are going to go positively nuts.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, look at the case of the Republican in Madison, WI (the home of tolerance and understanding...if you're a left-handed lesbian with a limp), where a guy with a B/C sign in his yard had a swastika burned in his lawn with leaf killer...

Yeah... but the dems tell the sheeple that the Republicans are the party of book burning and restriction...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
said it before, and i'll say it again, this is a new era of politics we are entering, it's nothing short of political war.

Yep. Strap 'em on, boys. It's gonna be a rough decade.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOCK N' LOAD, BABY!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The Window War

And as he stood contemplating the windows at 604 West Boadway, he noted to his satisfaction that they were nice big, expensive plate glass windows. It would cost the Democrats much more to replace these than it would the Republicans to fix their modest, old-fashioned windowpanes. This, Bob Stone thought, was more than fitting. But the breaking needs a bit more preparation. Bigger rocks, perhaps. No, not bigger rocks, just more preparation. Bob fingered the automatic center punch in his work jacket pocket. Yeah, he decided, just the right instrument of destruction for these tempered-glass targets.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#16]
There must be an organized effort behind this. We had the same thing happen here for the same reason (overtime bitching). It was non-violent here.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate thieves. I hate liars. I hate vandals.

Those people are nothing but punks. Punks who don't have the balls to do any of that on their own.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

There must be an organized effort behind this. We had the same thing happen here for the same reason (overtime bitching). It was non-violent here.

Local 6 News learned that most of the protestors were from the AFL-CIO and were taking part in one of 20 other coordinated protests around the country.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, we have a civil war in progress. It's going to get real nasty when (I hope) Roe vs Wade is reversed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOCK N' LOAD, BABY!

Yep, it may get better, but it's damned well going to get worse first.  I like how these DUmb shits are opposed to being equipped for self-defense but are happy to go on rampages destroying private property.  Some people need a smackdown.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top