Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 6:40:05 PM EDT
Al Gore cast the deciding vote for the Crime Bill back in 1994.  No question asked about how would they respond.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Dick should have worn his NRA pin..
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Edwards doesn't want to bring up gun control.

He actually didn't want to come back to DC and vote on S 1805.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Gun control is a political dead end right now.

At least until the next publicized lunatic puts it back into the fray.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it WAS brought up in a roundabout way - Edwards saying that Cheney voted FOR plastic guns.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait, you guys didn't catch the "Cheney voted agains the ban on plastic guns" comment?

I was screaming at the TV after that comment.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Edwards looked like an idiot tonight. Then again, that's not particularly difficult to do when you ARE an idiot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Boy I sure wish a gun could go through security, I would have showed those F'n terrorist some lead. Damn I guess I'd have to get plastice bullets too.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll just say this once.  The VP kicked John Edwards AZZZ!!!!!  Both Johns are fuckwads.  I was sreaming at the TV the whole time.  I still cannot imagine ANYONE voting for Kerry/Edwards.  Crazy damned democraps.....
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Wait, you guys didn't catch the "Cheney voted agains the ban on plastic guns" comment?

I think he (Edwards) said it in more of a lawyer manner by saying "plastic weapons" Yeah, I gotta get me one of those plastic weapons (i.e. guns)...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad you posted this, as I stopped watching at 9:00.  I was wondering if GC surfaced.  There's no way I'm gonna read a 23 page thread on dial up to find out...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#11]
plastic guns????   WTF? was he talking about squirt guns? Super soakers?  There is no such thing as a plastic gun.  That is all Cheney needed to say.  Cheney did indeed kick Edwards ass!!.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I only caught the last 30 minutes or so, but after the moderator brought up the topic of "flip-flops," Edwards proceeded to read off a list of supposed Bush flip-flops... but NO MENTION of the AWB.

That surprised me, as I figured they had already written off the gun owners' vote, and would welcome the opportunity to hammer Bush on a subject that is so misunderstood by the public.  Then again, perhaps they're saving this for one of the next Bush-Kerry debates, since they probably know Bush will fumble around on the his answer to this kind of question.

--Mike
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Cheney fuckin haused his ass that's why he didn't bring that shite up. Edwards is a trial lawyer and looked it. Cheney was like a hawk up there. He didn't get ruffled and presented the facts one after another. Cheney's record alone was enough to run that guy out of town. He took it to Edwards full court press.

If only Bush will do the same in the next debate. Fuck the niceties. I loved how Cheney thanked the moderator but not Edwards at the end. Heh that was classic. Thank YOU Dick Cheney!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

At least until the next publicized lunatic puts it back into the fray.

Assume that Edward toes the party line, he against AW, sat nite spls, pocket rockets, 50BMG, & the gun show looop hole. This stuff is spelled out in the planks of the Dem Party.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Well they should be banned..... Those phaser guns with the noises that sound good early Saturday morning after a long night of drinking.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Well they should be banned..... Those phaser guns with the noises that sound good early Saturday morning after a long night of drinking.

BAN THEM, IT IS FOR THE CHILDREN!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:55:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Me too. I actually used the word "asshat" too.

Been spending WAY too much time here at ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:35:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I think he (Edwards) said it in more of a lawyer manner by saying "plastic weapons" Yeah, I gotta get me one of those plastic weapons (i.e. guns)...

Yeah, that's what I heard; plastic weapons.
So, what does this mean regarding my Kelly Wordan's Impact Kerambit and my Bulgarian Secret Police Letter Opener?  Okay, sure I know they would take them away from anyone found trying to board an airliner with them, but what are the particular Federal Laws?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:07:01 AM EDT
[#19]

I didn't know that Edwards was a 1911 guy...

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:12:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It will stay that was as long as the democrats are down.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:23:47 AM EDT
[#21]
This is how Edwards responded to Cheney reaming him for his poor attendence record in the Senate:

EDWARDS: That was a complete distortion of my record. I know that won't come as a shock.

The vice president, I'm surprised to hear him talk about records. When he was one of 435 members of the United States House, he was one of 10 to vote against Head Start, one of four to vote against banning plastic weapons that can pass through metal detectors.

Cheney did not respond to the "plastic weapons" remark.

Here's the whole transcript:  www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/debatereferee/debate_1005.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top