Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 5:37:48 PM EDT
The title says it all.  Poll coming...and discuss.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  Yes, yes, yes.  Bad ticker and all.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]
DAMN! Cheney has impressed you hasn't he?

Geez, just a couple months ago everyone wanted him to get off the ticket!

Cheney will get his chance!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
No,  but we need an android replicant of George W. Bush, one programmed with good public speaking ability, to replace him in the debates.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think Cheney wants to be president.  I think he knows that his annual UN speech would always end in "and get out of my country you fucking losers."  Diplomacy is not his strongpoint, but that is why he was hired, he's the man who talks straight.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been impressed with Cheney since his time as Secretary of State under Bush Sr.  As a matter of fact, he is one of the few politicians that I've ever truly liked and was thrilled to death when Bush Jr. brought him onto his team.  I'd be willing to bet that Daddy pretty much "made" George Jr. nominate Cheney as VP.

Cheney will in all likelihood never be president given his health...if Bush wins this one I doubt he will run in 2008.  Though, I'd love to see him have a go at it.

We still have Alan Keyes...another dream.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nope--though he would do just fine.  He's perfect in his present role--a very good man.  

+1
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#8]
To me it matters little.  Bush/Cheney has proven a good team.  They work together to develop policies, combining the best of both men.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#10]
As a public speaker, I've always been impressed with Cheney.  He's very low-key and matter of fact, calm and shows a good command of the facts.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Cheney/Bush in 08.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Four years ago I thought they got the ticket backwards.  Cheney inspires more confidence in me by FAR.  Happily it seems that the Bush administration has given him a lot more to do than the average VP gets.  Gore kissed hands and shook babies, Cheney hunkered down in a bunker and prepared for WAR.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn straight, I would!

That said, I'm happy with the ticket we've got, and I look forward to Cheney/Rice in '08!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#14]
No, not really. Cheney does just fine right now, he's a great advisor to Bush and does better in the behind the scenes work than most.

I don't think Cheney could handle the scrutiney of the Presidential office as well as Bush does, either.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nope--though he would do just fine.  He's perfect in his present role--a very good man.  

+1
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#17]
no
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Sure. I think Cheney would make a damn good president.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
No, not really. Cheney does just fine right now, he's a great advisor to Bush and does better in the behind the scenes work than most.

I don't think Cheney could handle the scrutiney of the Presidential office as well as Bush does, either.

Yeah, but I would pay $20 to see him tell some liberal, fucktarded reporter on camera "Fuck off and die, asshole."

And the UN, and France, and half the DNC, and the Brady Bunch, etc etc etc
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I agree. I think he does more behind the scenes than probably any VP in the past.  

Yeah, that man has so many arrangements a day, I've heard he usually only gets enough time for himself to sleep.

Talk about hard working, and he gets little appreciation or credit for it, too.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes, he would make a better prez.  Can we run Condi Rice as his VP?  She is SOOOO much smarter than most of the demos it should scare the devil out of them!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Cheney is great in his present position - let him do his work unencumbered by the trappings of the presidency.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#23]
No, not instead.  But I would vote for Cheney as POTUS.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
To me it matters little.  Bush/Cheney has proven a good team.  They work together to develop policies, combining the best of both men.

+1

Well said!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't think I'd rather have him as Pres....

BUT  I certaintly wouldn't complain either.  If he chooses to run in 08, I'll vote for him.  Unless C. Rice runs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Damn straight, I would!

That said, I'm happy with the ticket we've got, and I look forward to Cheney/Rice in '08!

I'm not looking forward to that. I don't think Cheney could cut it on the campaign trail, and I hope he chooses not to run. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't worry about him being president. In my mind, he is the president. I just don't think he can win and election. I've thought from the beginning that the Republicans went with Bush because he could get Cheney elected.
I would really like to see Condi Rice on the ticket in '08, in either role. I'd go so far as to say that I wouldn't have a problem seeing her and Colin Powell on a ticket together. I think it'd be killer.
I remember back in HS government my very liberal teacher said that the first African-American, or Woman president would probably be conservative. I agree because I can easily envision liberals voting for the candidate in spite of politics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top