Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 4:43:41 PM EDT
    I buddy of mine gave these to me as a friendly thank-you ........

I'm being VERY careful NOT to drop one.... can you imagine the smell   ???

Still kinda' kool though.......       Old stuff...........
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think their as old as you think they are. Those pull tabs aren't as old as you think.
Borg
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sell them skunks on Ebay!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]

18 are full and 6 have been emptied because of leakage.....

E-Bay.... Hmmm......  I'm gonna' hav ta' take a look......  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, being cans they shouldn't be skunky but rather wet-cardboardy.  Oxidized (ie: old/stale) beer developes a wet cardboard aroma & flavor.  The skunky aroma is a characteristic of lightstruck beer, the photonic energy breaks down the iso-alpha-acid (what gives beer it's bitterness, developed when the alpha acid from the hops is isomerized during the boil), one of the components of the photonic breakdown is the skunk.  Brown glass pretty much prevents lightstruck beer, green glass only gives you 10 minutes or so of protection, clear glass is useless (think Corona) with the exception of Miller products.  Miller wanted clear bottles so bad that, with typical American ingenuity, they developed a way to chemically alter the hops & stabilize the iso-alpha-acid bond.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Actually, being cans they shouldn't be skunky but rather wet-cardboardy.  Oxidized (ie: old/stale) beer developes a wet cardboard aroma & flavor.  The skunky aroma is a characteristic of lightstruck beer, the photonic energy breaks down the iso-alpha-acid (what gives beer it's bitterness, developed when the alpha acid from the hops is isomerized during the boil), one of the components of the photonic breakdown is the skunk.  Brown glass pretty much prevents lightstruck beer, green glass only gives you 10 minutes or so of protection, clear glass is useless (think Corona) with the exception of Miller products.  Miller wanted clear bottles so bad that, with typical American ingenuity, they developed a way to chemically alter the hops & stabilize the iso-alpha-acid bond.

This guy knows a lot about beer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
That's nothing.  My brother still has at least one can of Billy Beer and I have a couple of cans of the old Walters beer and they have been out of business for 20 years.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll take a six!!!

(Im out of Vodka tonight)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top