Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 4:14:54 PM EDT
they are 4 days old and the 3rd one died today

There is only 1 left? I wonder whats going wrong???
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear that.

Was SGTAR any where near your place?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop kicking them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
most likely not being cared for properly by their mother...i have seen quite a few liters at the shelter where the mother cat had zero interest in her kittens. Keep a close eye on them, if they are not nursing you may have to bottle feed. You can pick up milk replacement called KMR at most pet stores. If you need any more info...amount to feed/frequency etc....IM me
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I suppose the funny thing would be to say "stop masturbating" ... but this doesn't sound like a funny thread.

Is the mommy cat feeding them?  Sure seems strange for them to just die.  It's not uncommon for one runt to not make it, but 3 out of 4 is weird.  Sorry it's happening though.

LL
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
most likely not being cared for properly by their mother...i have seen quite a few liters at the shelter where the mother cat had zero interest in her kittens. Keep a close eye on them, if they are not nursing you may have to bottle feed. You can pick up milk replacement called KMR at most pet stores. If you need any more info...amount to feed/frequency etc....IM me

VERY generous of you Mr. Botch.  Kudo's.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thanks I think they are feeding but the mom is kinda a deadbeat I opened the door and she tried to escape a few times, but then she came back and went right back to her bed.

i think I will bottle feed them just to be sure.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Symptoms?
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#9]
That proves a theory that I have been working on.

Three out of four kittens would rather be dead than live with you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok...here we go.

Get yourself some kitten milk replacement..usually a powdered milk. Mix it per directions with warm water. Usually easiest to administer with a syringe w/ rubber tip. I would hold the kitten by scruff, put the syringe at the corner of the kittens mouth until it accepts it. Feed slowly, stopping often. For less than a week old 6-10cc EVERY 2 hours or so is good. They will usually drink until they no longer are hungry (i.e. they will pull their head aweay) and it will be messy. AND....AFTER EVERY FEEDING you need to try and stimulate the kitten to eliminate. The mother cat usually does this instinctively by licking the kittens ass (funny, I know...but necessary) Take a warm/wet wash cloth and run it up and down the kittens behind until it urinates. REMEMBER...this need to be done every few hours (after feeding) while they are this young...this means ALL NIGHT too. Good luck with it.....IM any questions.    
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#12]
RandallFlag is killing them!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Every time you masterbate, God kills a kitten.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Symptoms?

No breathing, no pulse,... bodies assuming room temp.

Seriously though, screw advice from us... get the last one to a vet.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Symptoms?

No breathing, no pulse,... bodies assuming room temp.

Seriously though, screw advice from us... get the last one to a vet.

I am a vet.

Hope things turned out well-

Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Any news?

(I had a cat infected with FiV ("kitty AIDS"). 4 out of her litter of 5 died within a year.

She died shortly after #4.

And no, there's no cure - the inoculation works, but it's not a guarantee.)

Good luck to you and your kitties.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I helped hand raise 4 kittens a year ago or so. They are a big pain in the ass! They're so cute though.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ok...here we go.

Get yourself some kitten milk replacement..usually a powdered milk. Mix it per directions with warm water. Usually easiest to administer with a syringe w/ rubber tip. I would hold the kitten by scruff, put the syringe at the corner of the kittens mouth until it accepts it. Feed slowly, stopping often. For less than a week old 6-10cc EVERY 2 hours or so is good. They will usually drink until they no longer are hungry (i.e. they will pull their head aweay) and it will be messy. AND....AFTER EVERY FEEDING you need to try and stimulate the kitten to eliminate. The mother cat usually does this instinctively by licking the kittens ass (funny, I know...but necessary) Take a warm/wet wash cloth and run it up and down the kittens behind until it urinates. REMEMBER...this need to be done every few hours (after feeding) while they are this young...this means ALL NIGHT too. Good luck with it.....IM any questions.    

right and use a small feeding bottle with a nipple, or put the nipple on the syringe. also clean any muccos from around the nose and eyes so it doesn't accumulate and dry causing big problems. Its pretty cool how they will bond to you when feeding after their eyes are open. But I'd take it to a vet for sure.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#19]
It sounds gross, but do they have a flea infestation? I have seen an entire litter die (except for 2) from this.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#20]
That guy has nothing but pu$$y problems. God is telling you something.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
they are 4 days old and the 3rd one died today

There is only 1 left? I wonder whats going wrong???

Make sure the last one is eating, try sucking on the mother's teet, make sure there's milk.

Seriously, make sure the last one is eating, maybe bottle feed it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top