Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 4:04:35 PM EDT
I need a bayonet for my AR.. It is a 16" barrel plus a Vortex FS with mid-lenght handguards.. Someone over in the AR forum said pre-ban arms but I called and he said what he has wont fit.. So what model do I need and where can I get on?
I would like to deal with a dealer from this board but not necessary..
My new pre-ban upper should be here in a day or two so I want to get it ASAP..
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless there is a bayo that I am not aware of, they won't work on a 16" barrel.  If you had a 14.5" with a permantly attached Vortex, you would have something to work with.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Unless there is a bayo that I am not aware of, they won't work on a 16" barrel.  If you had a 14.5" with a permanently attached Vortex, you would have something to work with.  

So what you are saying is.. Any barrel over 14.5 inches, with a lug is completely useless.  

So why in the F' did they ban Bayo lugs on all AR15's?  

Jackass's!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Unless there is a bayo that I am not aware of, they won't work on a 16" barrel.  If you had a 14.5" with a permanently attached Vortex, you would have something to work with.  

So what you are saying is.. Any barrel over 14.5 inches, with a lug is completely useless.  

Jackass's!

Cuz they were retards? Or didn't you notice?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jackass's!

Based on Cuzco's add, they are available that work on a 16" barrel.  I just know the Colt Bayonet I have is useless with any of my 16" Colts.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I need a bayonet for my AR.. It is a 16" barrel plus a Vortex FS with mid-lenght handguards.. Someone over in the AR forum said pre-ban arms but I called and he said what he has wont fit.. So what model do I need and where can I get on?
I would like to deal with a dealer from this board but not necessary..
My new pre-ban upper should be here in a day or two so I want to get it ASAP..
Thanks

If it has Mid-Length gas system (not CAR Length) and has a lug---a good ol' M7 will fit fine. It will be a tad forward on the FS but it won't hurt nuttin----------
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#8]
cmjohnson

Check out CTD . I got one from them and it was a little fubar . I could make it work , but still it was advertised as new.They sent me a new one and told me to keep the other . Now I have two .
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I would look at any local gunshow or flea market.  Ususally one can bins and bins of M7s.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#10]
This is the one I have. Colt @ CDNN It may, indeed, work with mid length handguards.  On a 6920 upper, the ring on the bayonet comes all the way behind the birdcage and flops around on the smaller diameter of the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
, I'm looking for an M7 bayonet.  The M9 doesn't do it for me.

CJ

Go to Brigade Quartermasters ,and  Cheaper than Dirt , they have them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top