Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 11:13:11 AM EDT
It would be a pretty cool weapon if it was 22 long rifle (which I thought it was)

is there anyway I could convert it to .22lr so it would be easier and more reliable.

its not going to be a self defense gun but more of a backup piece to keep in my tackel box.

How reliable is cap and ball good enough for this task?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet you can get a replacement cylinder. It may not even be necessary to replace the hammer or firing pin.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Cap & Ball is more reliable than the delicate lockwork of the NAA mini revolvers.  I have one of their .22LR mini revolvers. It has to have the internals replaced every coupl hundred rounds.

I had a cap & ball side by side .36 caliber pistol for a few years. killed a lot of targets-of-opportunity with that thing. Mostly pheasants and rabbits. it never misfired on me
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cap & Ball is more reliable than the delicate lockwork of the NAA mini revolvers.  I have one of their .22LR mini revolvers. It has to have the internals replaced every coupl hundred rounds.

Can you store them loaded for long periods of time?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]
anyone know where to get the cylinder?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
anyone know where to get the cylinder?

Uh.... North American Arms?

Google is your friend:

www.naaminis.com/
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I doubt the cylinder for the .22 would work for the cap and ball just because there are laws that allow cap and ball to be sold without a FFL.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#8]
That is an awesome little pistol. I want one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top