Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 9:59:40 AM EDT
well, last week it happened AGAIN. Lori works (well, did work) in new york as a pastry chef. most of the times the jobs last a year or so. but not this time. she was working for a four star restaurant on madison ave, very upscale to say the least. i could not even afford a drink of water at this place. first few weeks, chef would call her after she got home telling her the deserts were great and how if she makes more he will be more over 300 lbs. than he already is. ok, life is good. lori tells me to quit my part time weekend job. she has found a home. so, i quit. of course i leave on good terms. to old now to be a jerk. plus, i got a ton of ammo while working there, so it was not all that bad.

last month it started. chef calls at night, tells lori, your deserts are not as good this week, you BETTER shape up. from there goes down hill even faster. he calls about 10:30 or so, starts yelling at her that she is f-ed up and how did she ever get to be a pastry chef. finally, last friday he starts to throw stuff at her. first it was peaches, then pots, when he got to the roasting pan, lori pulled a knife and said, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!! chef said, your fired, get the f*** out of my kitchen.

i had on order two new berettas, an Elite IA and a 87 Target. this always happens. i order more toys and she gets fired.

i have to admit, i'm not fond of new york or restaurants that treat their help like garbage. oh, by the way, Lori lasted the longest of all of the pastry chefs that have worked there, five month. the hostest called her and said the new pastry chef lasted 2 day and told the chef to shove it.

be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
well, last week it happened AGAIN. Lori works (well, did work) in new york as a pastry chef. most of the times the jobs last a year or so. but not this time. she was working for a four star restaurant on madison ave, very upscale to say the least. i could not even afford a drink of water at this place. first few weeks, chef would call her after she got home telling her the deserts were great and how if she makes more he will be more over 300 lbs. than he already is. ok, life is good. lori tells me to quit my part time weekend job. she has found a home. so, i quit. of course i leave on good terms. to old now to be a jerk. plus, i got a ton of ammo while working there, so it was not all that bad.

last month it started. chef calls at night, tells lori, your deserts are not as good this week, you BETTER shape up. from there goes down hill even faster. he calls about 10:30 or so, starts yelling at her that she is f-ed up and how did she ever get to be a pastry chef. finally, last friday he starts to throw stuff at her. first it was peaches, then pots, when he got to the roasting pan, lori pulled a knife and said, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!! chef said, your fired, get the f*** out of my kitchen.

i had on order two new berettas, an Elite IA and a 87 Target. this always happens. i order more toys and she gets fired.

i have to admit, i'm not fond of new york or restaurants that treat their help like garbage. oh, by the way, Lori lasted the longest of all of the pastry chefs that have worked there, five month. the hostest called her and said the new pastry chef lasted 2 day and told the chef to shove it.

be well
maxwell

Started throwing stuff at her?? Sounds like assault to me, by an employer at that.........
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#3]
If some boss started throwing stuff at my wife I would have gone down their and handed him his nuts.  But that's just me.  Can you say sexual harrasment complaint.  First to the city, then to a civil court.  Sounds like this "Chef" has a history, so getting people to testify may not be too hard.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You know that there are restaurants in places that allow you to own guns that don't suck.

+1
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If some boss started throwing stuff at my wife I would have gone down their and handed him his nuts.  

Dude, you ain't kiddin'. I would have made a pastry out of them and force-fed them to him!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Started throwing stuff at her?? Sounds like assault to me, by an employer at that.........

Amen. Shoulda filed a lawsuit, then she wouldn't have to work ever again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats just murphys law biting your ass, everytime you make a big expense there is a setback.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top