Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 8:57:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully by then we we'll be outa there as well. Though I doubt it. I still commend Poland on their contribution to the forces in Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hopefully by then we we'll be outa there as well. .

Not likely,

bringing muslims to democracy is like bringing a straight man to gay sex.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#3]
They had shot thier wad anyway.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#4]
What, all 50 of them?  

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not likely,

... it would probably be a lot easier to bring a straight man to goat sex - at least in that part of the world  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#6]
They say that now as a hedge against Kedwards winning the election.  Poland needs to stay close to us.  If Bush wins, though, I suspect they will have a change of heart.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hopefully by then we we'll be outa there as well. Though I doubt it. I still commend Poland on their contribution to the forces in Iraq.

The US will have a presence in Iraq until I'm an old man and have grandchildren.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They say that now as a hedge against Kedwards winning the election.  Poland needs to stay close to us.  If Bush wins, though, I suspect they will have a change of heart.

+1    I also suspect this is jab at Kerry and his remarks at the debate
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Poland PULLING OUT of Iraq....

Yea maybe BY THE END OF 2005 per the story.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not likely,

... it would probably be a lot easier to bring a straight man to goat sex - at least in that part of the world  

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Poland is our staunchest ally. I emailed the Polish Consul in LA last year when I learned that GROM was fighting in Basra, thanking his country. He wrote a very sincere reply.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Typical alarmist headline for something not anywhere near as apocalyptic as the title would lead you to believe.    They're pulling out in a year and a half, for Christ's sake.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder when the Brits will withdraw?

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Combat_Jack: Can you post the reply from the Polish Embassy, if possible thanks.

The USA will be in Iraq for at least 5 years after true cessation of hostilities. My guess probably for another 10 years.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Not until you guys do… I work the British Military, there are NO plans for a withdrawal of British Forces, in fact we are considering sending another 3,000 extra troops in January

Britain Sending 1,200 More Troops to Iraq
Monday, September 08, 2003

LONDON  — Britain is sending two additional battalions to Iraq, adding 1,200 troops to its forces on the ground, the Ministry of Defense said Monday.

Britain now has 11,000 troops in the country and British Defense Secretary Geoff Hoon (search) indicated that more troops were likely to be required.

"We will immediately take steps to identify and reduce notice to move for some additional headquarters and units, to allow further deployments as rapidly as possible in response to this accelerating program of work," Hoon said in a written statement to Parliament.

Eleven British troops have died in Iraq since May 1, when President Bush declared major combat operations over. Forty-nine British troops have died in the war in total.

Some 120 servicemen were sent to Iraq from Cyprus over the weekend. The Ministry of Defense said they were included in the 1,200 troops whose deployment was announced Monday.

"This response is not a knee-jerk response to recent attacks. It's part of a strategic plan to achieve the goals I have set out," Prime Minister Tony Blair's official spokesman said.

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,96690,00.html

Andy
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not likely,

bringing muslims to democracy is like bringing an Arab man to straight sex.

Fixed it for you dude.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#18]
A rather liberal radio show was talking about this story earlier. They were saying "I hope Edwards hits Cheney with this question tonight since Bush had just mentioned they were our ally." I have to agree, I hope Edwards really does ask Cheney that question. The old man will nail that ambulance chaser to a pole.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not likely,

With or without alcohol?

- BG
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Combat_Jack: Can you post the reply from the Polish Embassy, if possible thanks.

The USA will be in Iraq for at least 5 years after true cessation of hostilities. My guess probably for another 10 years.

I no longer have it, the part I remember best, he said they thought it was right to do, because "we know the pain" of living under a totalitarian regime.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Thats ok.  "It's the wrong war at the wrong time", and their contribution is only "window dressing" anyway.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not likely,

bringing muslims to democracy is like bringing an Arab man to straight sex.

Fixed it for you dude.

Amen........................from the back row
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not until you guys do… I work the British Military, there are NO plans for a withdrawal of British Forces, in fact we are considering sending another 3,000 extra troops in January

LONDON  — Britain is sending two additional battalions to Iraq, adding 1,200 troops to its forces on the ground, the Ministry of Defense said Monday.

Britain now has 11,000 troops in the country and British Defense Secretary Geoff Hoon (search) indicated that more troops were likely to be required.

"We will immediately take steps to identify and reduce notice to move for some additional headquarters and units, to allow further deployments as rapidly as possible in response to this accelerating program of work," Hoon said in a written statement to Parliament.

Eleven British troops have died in Iraq since May 1, when President Bush declared major combat operations over. Forty-nine British troops have died in the war in total.

Some 120 servicemen were sent to Iraq from Cyprus over the weekend. The Ministry of Defense said they were included in the 1,200 troops whose deployment was announced Monday.

"This response is not a knee-jerk response to recent attacks. It's part of a strategic plan to achieve the goals I have set out," Prime Minister Tony Blair's official spokesman said.

Andy

Andy, send my regards to those you work with.
Let them know we appreciate their service.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Andy

Andy, send my regards to those you work with.
Let them know we appreciate their service.

i second that. Americans really do appreciate the British commitment. Same with Australia and I think I speak on behalf of others here that Polands contribution both politically and militarily has been greatly appreciated. I feel Poland is going to be a good ally with growing influence in Europe the next few decades.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
i second that. Americans really do appreciate the British commitment. Same with Australia and I think I speak on behalf of others here that Polands contribution both politically and militarily has been greatly appreciated. I feel Poland is going to be a good ally with growing influence in Europe the next few decades.

I second that.  Well said.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Did they even get a nut?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#28]
If yesterday was their last day- I'd thank them, and shake each soldiers hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top