Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 8:02:25 AM EDT
Driver for Country Singer Toby Keith Wounded on Freeway, Singer Not Believed a Target
The Associated Press
Published: Oct 5, 2004

CARROLLTON, Texas (AP) - A bus driver for country singer Toby Keith was wounded by a gunshot fired into the performer's bus on a freeway outside Dallas.

Keith was not aboard the bus and investigators do not believe he or his band were targets, said Carrollton police Sgt. David Sponhour. Aside from a mounting bracket for the rear license plate, the bus was not marked as Keith's band bus, he said.

The driver, George Hampton, 55, was listed in good condition Tuesday at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas.

Investigators said the bullet's trajectory suggested it may have been fired from a passing vehicle. Police have no suspects, Sponhour said.

Hampton told police he was on Interstate 34E late Monday, hauling Keith's band equipment from Florida to Oklahoma, when he heard what sounded like a shot outside the bus, Sponhour said.

The slug tore through the side of the bus and hit Hampton's left leg, Sponhour said.

Hampton stopped the bus safely. Three other people on the bus were uninjured.

AP-ES-10-05-04 1029EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmmmm..........first there were shots fired in the BUSH/CHENEY office.............

Then Toby Keiths buss shot up.....................

.......it just HAS to be Armed Liberals............BAN ARMED LIBERALS!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone had better be careful, Toby Keith is an advocate of putting a boot up the ass of people who fuck with him/us.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, its not like they have clubhouse meetings on shooting Toby Keiths bus driver
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Agreed... the fact that Kerry supporters are turning to deadly force to attempt to intimidate people should be all over the news...  I love listening to liberals scream, "how dare you accuse US of doing this!"

+1
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#6]
They really don't want to start this.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Road rage.

My guess is;
A) Bus driver driving like an ass.
B) Frustrated nut job with a gun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#8]
mmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm       mmmmmmmmmmmm I looooove this barrrrrrrr
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Road rage.

My guess is;

Guns and crazies in TEXAS?! Surely you jest!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hmmmmmm..........first there were shots fired in the BUSH/CHENEY office.............

WTF? I am a Armed Liberal?

I also thought I was the only one....
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:32:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF? I am a Armed Liberal?

I also thought I was the only one....

wtilderjr

another "armed liberal". You diggin yer screen name now?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Road rage.

My guess is;

There have been quite a few incidents of random shooting on the highways in Dallas. Last one I remember, was a guy in a SUV sitting in the breakdown lane of the middle divider, shooting at oncomming traffic. This was in Richardson, IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow!

The other day the news said some baseball player had been hit in the leg while on the team bus. He wasn't too bad because of the go-go boots he was wearing. Team initiation. So he was dressed up in go-go attire. What a way to let the world know you were in drag.

I don't remember what team or player though.

What's with shooting busses now?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#14]
could have been some c"rap" fan that just wanted to take a shot at a country cracker to prove a point, as I am sure Toby has some form of logo on his bus.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Someone had better be careful, Toby Keith is an advocate of putting a boot up the ass of people who fuck with him/us.

oh. is that who he is...

must be the French.  BAN THE FRENCH!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
could have been some c"rap" fan that just wanted to take a shot at a country cracker to prove a point, as I am sure Toby has some form of logo on his bus.

According to the article, the bus was unmarked...except for a license plate frame.

Sounds random to me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Those damn rappers and the senseless violence....

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#18]
There have been three shootings on Dallas highways in the last two months so I'd go with random nutjob.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Road rage.

My guess is;

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Those damn rappers and the senseless violence....

You drive the concert truck, not the bus, right?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Yea and wasn't sKerry involved inthe plat to kill US Senators with his bunch of commie viet vets?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Seems like sKerry has allways been involved in someway to kill Americans who are not Communists like he is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top