Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 6:48:36 AM EDT
I would like to get my FFL for gunsmithing.  Can anyone give me some information about what I need to do.  It would be even more help if someone could point me in the direction of a URL that has a very cut and dry explanation of what is required to become an FFL.  I've been to the ATF's site and the FAQ's are pretty much useless.  

any help would be greatly appreciated!

tmix
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#1]
30 replies for "why do farts stink?", yet  no one can help me??
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.federalfirearmslicense.com/
 first link that came up on yahoo...  

I'd hate to do a search on yahoo on "why do farts stink"....
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I would NOT buy anything from that web page.  Why pay for something that the ATF will give you for FREE!

When a web page has this quote

Please note that the Class 3 FFL, which is required for dealing in certain weapons, such as automatic weapons, is a different license than the standard one.

You can pretty much gurantee they are full of crap.  There is NO such thing as a Class 3 FFL.  You are either a licensed dealer 01 or manufacturer 07...and when you pay your SOT (after receiving your FFL) you can deal in or make title 2 firearms depending on what type of FFL you have (01 or 07).

Call the National Licensing Center (404) 417-2750 or 1-866-662-2750.

They will tell you everything you want to know...and will basically walk you through the steps needed.  

The biggest thing is correct zoning..without being properly zoned you will NOT get an FFL.

Fill out the application
Include Photos, Fingerprints
Get proper Zoning
Business License

Those are the basic steps...but again, call the NLC...they are friendly and will help you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Start Here: ATF NLS

DO NOT Pay anybody for anything. BATF will send you everything for free. You fill out the forms, get a photo & prints done, make sure you meet zoning requirements and you are good to go.

Edited to add:

Go here: Forms Distribution

Order the F 7 (5310.12) Package, simple, straight forward and free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top