Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 5:39:44 AM EDT
Of particular interest to my career is Item 3 on Page 3.

www.pogo.org/m/cp/cp-druy...n-2004.pdf

seattletimes.nwsource.com...yun02.html

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special treatment

Darleen Druyun admitted she gave Boeing preferential treatment on four large Pentagon contracts:
2001 to 2003 — 767 refueling tankers

Druyun agreed to a higher price than she thought was appropriate and gave Boeing proprietary pricing data for a competing bid from Airbus. The deal is on hold.

2002 — NATO AWACS program

Druyun negotiated a $100 million payment to Boeing that she now says was too high. She said she did so because of her own job negotiations and the Boeing jobs of her daughter and son-in-law. Boeing and the Air Force are renegotiating the deal.

2001 — C-130 modernization

Druyun awarded Boeing a $4 billion contract to upgrade the avionics of more than 500 C-130 planes, even though they were built by Lockheed Martin. "An objective selection authority may not have selected Boeing," she said yesterday.

2000 — C-17 contract restructuring

Druyun negotiated a $412 million increase in the contract originally awarded to Boeing. She did so while a Boeing executive was helping Druyun's future son-in-law get a job.

Source: Court documents
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.boeing.com/news/relea...0103m.html

Quote:
"Darleen Druyun helped drive acquisition reform within the Air Force. Her ‘Lightning Bolt’ initiatives, which jump-started the reform process, have saved the U.S. Air Force and taxpayers more than $20 billion to date," Evatt said. "Her personal passion and drive are well known within the defense industry, and we expect her to be a key player in our future success."

Boy, I'll say.

Boeing's reaction:

biz.yahoo.com/prnews/0410...053_1.html

I wonder if any of the contracts will be cancelled or rebid?

Quote:
Druyun awarded Boeing a $4 billion contract to upgrade the avionics of more than 500 C-130 planes, even though they were built by Lockheed Martin. "An objective selection authority may not have selected Boeing," she said yesterday.

Sure seems like that one should be, but I do have personal interest...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:46:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Good for Boeing and good for the US Gov't to help out an AMERICAN company.  Boeing been getting absolutely hammered by a low balling Airbus for the last 10 years.  If we can waste millions upon millions on an education system that didn't work or on welfare recepiants for the last 20 years whats another couple million on something that we need?  Good for her.  You'll hear no complaints from me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:55:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Good for Boeing and good for the US Gov't to help out an AMERICAN company.  Boeing been getting absolutely hammered by a low balling Airbus for the last 10 years.  If we can waste millions upon millions on an education system that didn't work or on welfare recepiants for the last 20 years whats another couple million on something that we need?  Good for her.  You'll hear no complaints from me.

Lockheed-Martin is an American Company.  I suppose you don't have a problem with our tax dollars going to hire many people--Americans--to work on a bid for an aircraft moderization program-- American-made C-130s--and then those Americans being screwed by a crooked gummit employee?  Is it ok with you that American Group A is screwed so long as American Group B benefits?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Her and everyone she talked to /dealt with at Boeing in making these clearly illegal deals in order for her, her daughter and son-in-law oughta be shot.

Then their bodies dragged through the street.

Then beheaded and left for the rats, dogs and flies to feed on for 3 months.

I just wish I, and a lot of other people, could find out if her daugher and SIL still work at Boeing.  Everybody I know at Boeing hates these people with a hatred bordering on Islam.

You should attend all the "Ethics Recommittment" classes we have to attend because of these morons.  It would make you sick.

My .02.  

Merlin
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#4]
LM is also swimming in gov't contracts as well--BNA could use some, though. I am following this as well..
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:49:04 AM EDT
[#5]

I just wish I, and a lot of other people, could find out if her daugher and SIL still work at Boeing.

According to a Wall Street Journal article on this, in yesterday's paper, the daughter is no longer working there.  It sounds like she had some "performance" issues.  The SIL apparently still is though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I just wish I, and a lot of other people, could find out if her daugher and SIL still work at Boeing.

According to a Wall Street Journal article on this, in yesterday's paper, the daughter is no longer working there.  It sounds like she had some "performance" issues.  The SIL apparently still is though.

Performance issues my ass!

She should have been fired the same time as Sears et al.  It was the daughter who was passing the job e-mails between Sears and Druyan.

POS's, all of them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I predict more heads will roll - Jerry Daniels being one.

This business about awarding contracts to modify airplanes built by competing companies is common, and the best way for the taxpayer to get a good deal (unless you want to do the work in South America).  Every contractor works on someone else's airplane at some point, it's no big deal.

Airbus subsidies come in the form of loans, at no cost until the project becomes profitable and 30% of the projected build is complete and sold, then the loans are repaid at below market interest rates.  If the project is never profitable or sales projections are not met, the loan doesn't get paid off.  Smells like a subsidy to me.

The eurotrash argument that Boeing is subsidized by the US government hinges on the claim that there is some mysterious, beneficial offall from US government contracts that falls onto the commercial businesses plate; what that is, no one has ever bothered to detail.

We still build better vehicles.  So there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lockheed-Martin is an American Company.  I suppose you don't have a problem with our tax dollars going to hire many people--Americans--to work on a bid for an aircraft moderization program-- American-made C-130s--and then those Americans being screwed by a crooked gummit employee?  Is it ok with you that American Group A is screwed so long as American Group B benefits?

Well obviously you've didn't even read your original post.  Let me hold your hand and walk you through this nice and easy.  Lockheed Martin is indeed another american company and the Herky Bird is great aircraft as I used to crew in the reserves....(now here's where you screwed up) Unfortunately the only thing the C130 can refuel in the USAF is helicopters hence the need for a modern replacement for the aging KC135 and now nearly defunct KC10's.  As mentioned in your snipets from above the aircraft contract was for the new militarized versions of the civilian 767 which I work on for American Airlines.  Now I don't really see how Lockheed is getting screwed out of a deal when they do not have, have never had, and never had intended to build a competing aircraft for refueling.  Lockheed Martin is content with the last 3 contracts in row they have won from the US Government or did you forget the B2, F22, and F35 and lets not forget the 117 and 16's before that.  Now what were you saying??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top